[Discussion][ROM][S4][WIP] CM10.1 on HTC One S

Search This thread

djsubtronic

Jun 16, 2010
I'm hoping so, i've been trying to monitor apps to see if any are causing crashes, but another user has experience it without any no AOSP/Google apps installed. Then the issue I have noticed recently that it doesn't occur with USB debugging turned on. But yes, maybe it is signal, in all locations - at home, on the tube to work and at work - I have terrible (or no) mobile signal and intermittent WiFi between locations, so that could be a factor.

We'll see, I have updated to 2012-07-30 but I've had this problem for over a month on nightlies, ever since updating to get the 3.4 kernel working with out bootloops. Theses rebootloops are different however. Made more problematic as I can't get a logcat just before it occurs, unless there is a way to enable logcat on the device, rather than via adb over usb?

For what it's worth, my USB debugging is always on.

anudeglory

Dec 21, 2010
For what it's worth, my USB debugging is always on.

Well I am glad to say, that despite not getting to the bottom of what was causing the forced restarts followed by re-boot-loops (even by logcat), that since the 10.1-20130808 update that it hasn't happened at all! :)

So whether it was something in that update or an app that updated anyway, we'll never know! :eek:

seities

Feb 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 8
Google Pixel 7
Just got the One S yesterday and flashed it with CM7 10.1 latest nightly (8/13). Everything's wonderful except that the 3g/4g seems to get stuck often without data as I move around, possibly as it switches between 3g and "4G" on t-mobile? Not sure why. Turning off the mobile web and on again always fixes it. Wondering if anyone else has the problem?

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Just got the One S yesterday and flashed it with CM7 10.1 latest nightly (8/13). Everything's wonderful except that the 3g/4g seems to get stuck often without data as I move around, possibly as it switches between 3g and "4G" on t-mobile? Not sure why. Turning off the mobile web and on again always fixes it. Wondering if anyone else has the problem?

Yup... most do. a little reading before flashing would have told you that, plus the lockscreen delay were the biggest bugs.

NQNH

Sep 15, 2011
Hamburg

Do you have latest hboot and radio? (2.15 and 1.15)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

seities

Feb 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 8
Google Pixel 7
Do you have latest hboot and radio? (2.15 and 1.15)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

I got HBOOT 2.15, but radio is 1.13.50.05.31. How do I update the radio? (did a quick search and couldn't find it in the thread)

Thanks for the headsup. Reverting to the 10.1 snapshot and trying it out today (the radio problem seems to happen after a july update apparently?).. radio will have to wait until I get home,

Much apprecited.

Last edited:

Raymond P.

Jun 3, 2012
Hey, I've been using CM on my One S for about a year now but I am having an issue that nobody else seems to have.
Or at least, I can't find any recent messages about it.

Somewhere around March this year I've lost the ability to connect to my home server through PPTP VPN.
The setup worked before and still works with other equipment (like my laptop).
Server side I can' t see an incoming connection and the phone just goes straight to disconnected.

I'm not certain if this is the right thread to ask this question but is this a known issue?
Or am I missing something obvious here?

Raymond P.

Jun 3, 2012
Ok, so I can' t post in the development forum.

First of all, I migrated to 10.2 in the hope that would resolve my VPN issue. It didn't So I installed adb and captured the initial issue.

Logcat gave me an error on mtpd "Connect() Operation not permitted"
I chmodded mtpd and pptp (in advance) to 06755.

And that did it. pptp vpn now actually tries to connect to the server.

Code:
: Phone
D/Vpn     (  608): setting state=DISCONNECTED, reason=exit
I/Vpn     (  608): Switched from [Legacy VPN] to [Legacy VPN]
D/Vpn     (  608): setting state=IDLE, reason=prepare
I/Vpn     (  608): Switched from [Legacy VPN] to [Legacy VPN]
D/Vpn     (  608): setting state=IDLE, reason=prepare
D/Vpn     (  608): setting state=CONNECTING, reason=startLegacyVpn
V/LegacyVpnRunner(  608): Waiting
V/LegacyVpnRunner(  608): Executing
D/Vpn     (  608): setting state=CONNECTING, reason=execute
D/mtpd    ( 6131): Waiting for control socket
D/mtpd    ( 6131): Received 20 arguments
I/mtpd    ( 6131): Using protocol pptp
I/mtpd    ( 6131): Connecting to uk.pptpvpn.org port 1723 via rmnet0
I/mtpd    ( 6131): Connection established (socket = 11)
D/mtpd    ( 6131): Sending SCCRQ
D/mtpd    ( 6131): Received SCCRP -> Sending OCRQ (local = 33089)
I/mtpd    ( 6131): Tunnel established
D/mtpd    ( 6131): Received OCRQ (remote = 32926)
I/mtpd    ( 6131): Session established
I/mtpd    ( 6131): Creating PPPoX socket
F/mtpd    ( 6131): Socket() Address family not supported by protocol
I/LegacyVpnRunner(  608): Aborting
I/LegacyVpnRunner(  608): java.lang.IllegalStateException: mtpd is dead
I/LegacyVpnRunner(  608): 	at com.android.server.connectivity.Vpn$LegacyVpnRunner.execute(Vpn.java:855)
I/LegacyVpnRunner(  608): 	at com.android.server.connectivity.Vpn$LegacyVpnRunner.run(Vpn.java:734)
D/Vpn     (  608): setting state=DISCONNECTED, reason=exit

Unfortunately it still fails.
I used http://www.pptpvpn.org/, which is free, to take my own server (and any possible configuration issue) out of the equation.

The error shown on my server:
Code:
pppd[6356]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/4
pppd[6356]: sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1490> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth chap MS-v2> <magic 0x93957ce4> <pcomp> <accomp>]
pptpd[6355]: GRE: Bad checksum from pppd.
pptpd[6355]: CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length.
pptpd[6355]: CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit)
pptpd[6355]: CTRL: CTRL read failed
pptpd[6355]: CTRL: Reaping child PPP[6356]

This is as far as my skills can bring me. I Googled a bit and found a post from a guy that made a kernel that supported VPN to resolve the exact same issue. Unfortunately this was a two year old post and not for our device.

I really do hope that someone can pick this up and fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

as CM10.1 posts are flooding the two CM10 threads I'm opening a new discussion Thread here so that you/we can keep the CM10 Threads for CM10.

Feel free to post videos & screenshots, I will add some of them to the OP if you want me to!

I also would encourage you to tell me what works & what doesn't, please use a proper listing method therefor.

As always all credit goes to intervigil, xkonni & the others behind CM10(.1)!
    i asked Dzo-
    Just wondering if you had a chance to look at the 10.1 camera for the ville ? thanks in advance

His answer today-
    Yes, I got it mostly working. Expect it to be merged in a short while. Let people on the Dev thread know if you like.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Only 720p video recording works. 480p and 1080p are still broken, same as One X and EVO 4G LTE. Still looking into that one.

cm-10.1-20130215-UNOFFICIAL-ville

wipe cache/wipe dalvik cache/install over 4.2.1

just to re-iterate, the only extra things i do to this CM build are:

1. add fix_permissions to system/bin
    2. add different artwork for usb in and out
    3. add another AudioBTID.csv to system/etc cause it has some more cars/BT devices listed in it
    4. added ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0 to build.prop

other than that its striaght-up CM 10.1 off of the same repo that intervigil and xkonni use