Interested in Hyperdrive ROM for note 10.1 2014? Support needed.

Search This thread

sbreen94

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
I've just installed the rom. This is what I've encoutered so far:

1. I can't install any app from the play store. All I'm getting is unknown error 919. I already tried to readd my account, reboot, delete playstores data but it's still not working for me.
(EDIT: Somehow I was able to update 2 of 4 stock apps but still not able to install anything else/ update the others)
(EDIT2: Manually updated to version 4.8.20 which I found on my device. Now I'm able to install apps. Perhaps you could update the apk if others are having the saeme problem)

2. I've selected the Google Keyboard during install which worked, but it has a black bar at the bottom as if there were on screen buttons.

3.. After finishing the installation the tablet reminds me of setting up Samsungs OTA Updates. Perhapes you could disabele it.

I've uploaded pictures of every situation to my Google Drive. Here'S the link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B25rwuqtZqUwcjJPMEM3ZlFtRVE&usp=sharing

I fixed 3 already and will update all the apps before release

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: jophil2412

Don_Rob

Mar 20, 2014
Here's some issues:

Continuous input mode is not working properly on the samsung keyboard. Also, theres no preview bar at the top of the keyboard, showing the suggested words.

During the aroma, if you deselect the Tab Pro Keyboard, it still applies it over the stock samsung keyboard.

Also the hyperdrive bios boot animation seems like it needs to be optimized for the landscape orientation because it looks like its trying to force portrait resolution in landscape mode which makes it look strangely wide.

sbreen94

Apr 18, 2012
Here's some issues:

Continuous input mode is not working properly on the samsung keyboard. Also, theres no preview bar at the top of the keyboard, showing the suggested words.

During the aroma, if you deselect the Tab Pro Keyboard, it still applies it over the stock samsung keyboard.

Also the hyperdrive bios boot animation seems like it needs to be optimized for the landscape orientation because it looks like its trying to force portrait resolution in landscape mode which makes it look strangely wide.

The keyboard works fine. You just need to set your language and download the language pack to use predictive text in the keyboard settings.
I know about the boot animation. That's only graphical and doesn't concern me a lot

Reactions: Don_Rob

scarmona

Nov 7, 2010
Toronto
The menu items color is light grey, as if greyed out (unavailable) but still clickable, is it posible to make the color more solid (whiter)?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reactions: jophil2412

sbreen94

Apr 18, 2012
The menu items color is light grey, as if greyed out (unavailable) but still clickable, is it posible to make the color more solid (whiter)?

Yes set menu text color on colors tab in hyperdrive tweaks

scarmona

Nov 7, 2010
Toronto
The version of Polaris Office doesn't match the SM-P600, looks like it was pulled from the Tab Pro? the all too familiar grey bar with the the mismatch message appears as shown here uploadfromtaptalk1403490234496.jpg

Update: Solved by changing ro.product.model to SM-P600 in the build.prop file. Right app, wrongly labeled hardware [emoji1]
Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Don_Rob

Mar 20, 2014
So far so good. Thanks @sbreen94 for resolving the keyboard issue for me. I'm not running into any more issues this far & I've been using my P600 extensively over the past 24hrs. As always, GREAT WORK! [emoji6] This is a nice, liquid smooth ROM.

Reactions: The Apostle

scarmona

Nov 7, 2010
Toronto
I'm still a bit confused about the whole color+theming issue, I could turn the menu font color to black, but when presented with grey background menus, it's very hard to read. Is there any workaround to this?
I'm attaching the following screenshots

8uja9a2e.jpg

Also, the app Viper4AndroidFx gives the following error:

y5ujygyt.jpg

icon123

Oct 13, 2009
Thanks for the rom. Great start. A couple of problems I noticed so far:

1. I get forced closed occasionally when I try to access settings

2. I can't get exchange email to work correctly. I can set it up but it's not syncing right/automatically (or contacts/calendar) and when I try to go into email settings, it closes saying "Unfortunately, email has stopped". It never gets to the settings though. The email/contacts/calendar does sync when I manually tell it to sync.

3. When using Day Note, its not full screen (immersive mode) like the home screen or notification bar is not transparent. Just looks a little weird. However, not really that big of deal, just cosmetic.

Thanks again.

sbreen94

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks for the rom. Great start. A couple of problems I noticed so far:

1. I get forced closed occasionally when I try to access settings

2. I can't get exchange email to work correctly. I can set it up but it's not syncing right/automatically (or contacts/calendar) and when I try to go into email settings, it closes saying "Unfortunately, email has stopped". It never gets to the settings though. The email/contacts/calendar does sync when I manually tell it to sync.

3. When using Day Note, its not full screen (immersive mode) like the home screen or notification bar is not transparent. Just looks a little weird. However, not really that big of deal, just cosmetic.

Thanks again.

Doing what exactly do you get a force close in settings? Are you using the stock email?

Dxeon

Jun 24, 2014
Since this rom is based on CND3, does it also have the bug with hw+ decoder (mx player, dice player etc) not working?
It's a bug from Samsung that should be fixed with the next software update.

scarmona

Nov 7, 2010
Toronto
I'm still a bit confused about the whole color+theming issue, I could turn the menu font color to black, but when presented with grey background menus, it's very hard to read. Is there any workaround to this?
I'm attaching the following screenshots

8uja9a2e.jpg

Also, the app Viper4AndroidFx gives the following error:

y5ujygyt.jpg

Aside from the issues above I found out this morning that I can't download attachments using the gmail app, wifi connection is fine. I did a full wipe install. Anybody else experiencing this in the beta?

icon123

Oct 13, 2009
Doing what exactly do you get a force close in settings? Are you using the stock email?

The FC on settings was only 2 to 3 times. I think when I first started using the rom. It was using the settings button in the notification. When it happened, it wouldn't do it twice in a row.

The email is stock. I don't have anything else installed, full wipe, fresh install.

I will wipe and install again to see if I can recreate both problems. Thanks.

Edit: I realized that I picked Note Pro email since I picked the Note Pro Launcher.

Edit 2: Exchange email still stopping with Note Pro Launcher / Note Pro Email. I will try stock launcher / stock email.

Edit 3: No problems with exchange email with stock launcher / stock email. Haven't had any random settings FCs either.

Last edited:

The Apostle

Jan 27, 2012
Saint Louis
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
I just received an update notification. Is that through you or Sammy?

Mcarner

Mar 28, 2014
Glad to see the official release!

Everything is right with this ROM except that Viper4Android does not work. It says I have the wrong busybox installed, but I've double checked and it is the correct busybox.

Other than that, this is an awesome ROM. Thanks for your hard work, sbreen.

The Apostle

Jan 27, 2012
Saint Louis
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
ROM is still running great and it has superb battery life. I do keep getting a FC with the Lucid file explorer, even when I'm not using it, I will still get the message.

jwiens

Oct 24, 2011
Download

I have gone through the thread 3 times now, so either I'm blind, an idiot, or both (most likely the latter....) :p, but for the life of me, I cannot find the download link. I am not any of, but ABSOLUTELY feel like one now! Could anyone please point out my moronic mishap so I can FINALLY get a decent replacement room for my P600?????

Thank you MUCH!!!!

Jason

Grykonmon

Jul 17, 2013
México > Gdl
I have gone through the thread 3 times now, so either I'm blind, an idiot, or both (most likely the latter....) :p, but for the life of me, I cannot find the download link. I am not any of, but ABSOLUTELY feel like one now! Could anyone please point out my moronic mishap so I can FINALLY get a decent replacement room for my P600?????

Thank you MUCH!!!!

Jason

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2793898
Here is the rom! Just walk trought the forums :laugh:

Top Liked Posts