[Q] Error catalyst control center

Search This thread

StereoD

Mar 11, 2011
Hi, install the windows 8 consumer preview but the ccc does not work, can not be opened and then fails , i have a hd 4850 and i can not do screen scaling :confused:

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
install it with comparability mode for windows 7 and it will work when will finish setup it will ask u to download net frame work 3.5 and it will work

kooskoos1814

Nov 20, 2011
Same card, same problem. ATI Tray Tools doesn't work either...

I have a random graphic bug on the desktop (only on the desktop), it randomly flashs black...

dragonslee

Jun 8, 2010
I was able to get ccc running by removing all the ati drivers and reinstalling by setting the installation file to run in windows 7 compatibility and run as admin. The issue I have now is while trying to watch anything on YouTube the video card runs as if I were gaming heavily and Firefox freezes up, this also occurs with IE. Hopefully these issues will get worked out soon.

gkillerx

Mar 22, 2009
I guess you didn't install the windows 8 CP drivers?
support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Windows8ConsumerPreviewDrivers.aspx
There you go. Only problem is you will need to COMPLETLY remove all other drivers. I recommend re do the installation and install only these drivers/.

StereoD

Mar 11, 2011
Install driver in compatible mode with windows 7, the ccc and it worked, i set the screen scaling, but the problem now is that every time I switch on my pc all the ccc values ​​are reset and must reconfigure the scaling :confused::confused:

Last edited:

gkillerx

Mar 22, 2009
Install driver in compatible mode with windows 7, the ccc and it worked, i set the screen scaling, but the problem now is that every time I switch on my pc all the ccc values ​​are reset and must reconfigure the scaling :confused::confused:

Why don't you just do what I see you need to do? It's fine over here if you follow my steps....

dragonslee

Jun 8, 2010
I guess you didn't install the windows 8 CP drivers?
support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Windows8ConsumerPreviewDrivers.aspx
There you go. Only problem is you will need to COMPLETLY remove all other drivers. I recommend re do the installation and install only these drivers/.

Those drivers didn't work for me and as outlined on that page the Radeon HD 4000 series isn't supported.

On another note now that I have the drivers working by using compatibility mode as previously stated adobe flash constantly crashes. I think this is due to hardware acceleration from the video card. Anyone else with this issue?

pazman2k

Mar 22, 2009
Guys, installing 11-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe by right clicking and selecting Troubleshoot Compatability (which set it to Win XP SP3) has solved this for me.

CCC installs and runs fine, I can configure the overscan and my second monitor is finally back to normal.

dragonslee

Jun 8, 2010
Guys, installing 11-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe by right clicking and selecting Troubleshoot Compatability (which set it to Win XP SP3) has solved this for me.

CCC installs and runs fine, I can configure the overscan and my second monitor is finally back to normal.

Are you able to get flash videos to work on youtube or vimeo or anyplace online? I am finding my browser freezes and I can hear audio but see a solid green color where the video should be. This occurs under the desktop and metro version of IE, the latest beta of Firefox and the latest beta of Chrome. I have uninstalled, rebooted computer and reinstalled flash mutliple times as well as the drivers for my Radeon 4890. I believe flash uses hardware acceleration from the graphics card which may or may not get corrected anytime soon.

pazman2k

Mar 22, 2009
Are you able to get flash videos to work on youtube or vimeo or anyplace online? I am finding my browser freezes and I can hear audio but see a solid green color where the video should be. This occurs under the desktop and metro version of IE, the latest beta of Firefox and the latest beta of Chrome. I have uninstalled, rebooted computer and reinstalled flash mutliple times as well as the drivers for my Radeon 4890. I believe flash uses hardware acceleration from the graphics card which may or may not get corrected anytime soon.

Yes - flash video is working fine. I'm using Chrome as primary browser but have also just tested with IE and it's ok.

Here's the steps I took:

1. Install .NET 3.5 from Windows features
2. Remove any previous ATI/AMD installs INCLUDING the Windows 8 default ATI Driver
3. Install 11-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl
4. Did a custom install and could see it will install its own driver

Couple of shots for you:

win8Driver.PNG

ccc.PNG