HTC one soft bricked need help

Search This thread

mirborn

Feb 9, 2014
Sprint Htc One - Phone is stuck in bootloader. It is not rooted. (had the issue trying to root it) There is no OS installed as i think i erased the internal storage.
Tampered
Unlocked.
S-ON
HBOOt - 1.56
OS 4.06.651.4

I have philz_touch_5.08.5-m7spr as my recovery. When i go to "choose zip from sdcard, it says E: Cant't mount /sdcard/. So i tried sideloading insertcoin-m7-7.1-4 rom. I was successful in sideloading it, but when installing, i get the error message set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed. I have also tried a different rom (OrDroid 40.0.1) but get the same message halfway through. I have tried openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls but that had the same issue except, it wouldn't even go to sideload. it just says failed.

I have also tried the RUU software, but my versions dont match and it seems you cant go from a higher version to a lower one?

Anything i can do to solve the issue?

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Look HERE ...use the 4.06.651.4 s-on firmware.
When you get to the part where it says to adb push a rom to your phone use a 4.4.2 Sprint rom

mirborn

Feb 9, 2014
Look HERE ...use the 4.06.651.4 s-on firmware.
When you get to the part where it says to adb push a rom to your phone use a 4.4.2 Sprint rom

Ok i followed all the steps and here is what happened. When flashing the 4.06 firmware in fastboot mode, my htc one's screen displayed the HTC logo and a progress bar underneath it. It stopped at what looked like 90%. and doesent complete. But the terminal on my computer said it was complete. so i just rebooted it into fast boot mode and continued on the instructions. I unlocked the bootloader again and flashed twrp 2.6.3 m7wls I formatted the data like it said to do. And after wards i adb pushed cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-m7spr. When i got to the sd card to install it, it says failed.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Ok i followed all the steps and here is what happened. When flashing the 4.06 firmware in fastboot mode, my htc one's screen displayed the HTC logo and a progress bar underneath it. It stopped at what looked like 90%. and doesent complete. But the terminal on my computer said it was complete. so i just rebooted it into fast boot mode and continued on the instructions. I unlocked the bootloader again and flashed twrp 2.6.3 m7wls I formatted the data like it said to do. And after wards i adb pushed cm-11-20140208-NIGHTLY-m7spr. When i got to the sd card to install it, it says failed.
I would suggest pushing a Sprint 4.4.2 sense rom just to get you up and running

Docarut

Nov 13, 2010
Thanks for having our backs BD! I am not having issues but learn much by looking at these threads.

Top Liked Posts