[Q] Galaxy Gear and batery performance.

Search This thread

Enigma Hall

Nov 4, 2012
Well, i don't have a gear yet but i have this question about the performance of the batery at cellphone side.
I keep my bluetooth always off to make my batery works longer, but with gear i belive it will need to be always on.

How this works to the cell? the conection is aways alive draining the power or maybe it will be activated by the gear when i will use it?

And another fast question. I Have a Galaxy Beam who is like a s2. I have some hope to use the gear with this device by cfw or it is and will be aways useles for these 1.2ghz middle age cellphones?

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
In most cases you will require android 4.3 or above, which you phone doesn't support. I would recommend upgrading your phine before wasting money on a support gadget.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
The gear utilizes Bluetooth 4.0ble which stands for Bluetooth low energy. You don't need to shut Bluetooth down to save battery anymore. Pairing a 4.0 to a 3.0 will pair. But the 3.0 hardware will drain faster.

As long as you're on a 4.3 or higher rom you'll be able to use most features, but not all. Follow the thread "gear on my nexus 5" for installation details. It's in the general section.

Enigma Hall

Nov 4, 2012
The gear utilizes Bluetooth 4.0ble which stands for Bluetooth low energy. You don't need to shut Bluetooth down to save battery anymore. Pairing a 4.0 to a 3.0 will pair. But the 3.0 hardware will drain faster.

As long as you're on a 4.3 or higher rom you'll be able to use most features, but not all. Follow the thread "gear on my nexus 5" for installation details. It's in the general section.

Thanks, i will follow it. The only reason for me to keep my beam is the projector. Really waiting for a new release of this phone.