[APP] Root Call Blocker - need some feedback please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

skim7x

Aug 15, 2010
I purchased this app for my Nexus One rooted on CM7 and worked GREAT. I just got the GS3 and rooted it... am curious to know if this app still works well on GS3?? Still in testing?

And is there even an advantage, because I see the stock software on GS3 has an option to "add [contacts] to reject list"... is that just as effective as root call blocker?

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
A - it works flawlessly. Most people purchased the S3 back when it was a new toy and any issues would have been dealt with long ago. Also, this software will work on any rooted phone, regardless of the manufacturer.

B - if you can't see the advantage you should probably not have paid for this software to begin with :)

Raul77

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver
Hi, thanks for the great app,
I am using the Pro Version on AOKP , I lose my Data connection from time to time, and i need to re-start the phone to get it back, this mostly happen when the phone is connected to wifi for like 10-15 hours and then need has to connect to 3G/4G. I tried disabling Call blocker and did not have any issue for a week, i enabled it and its back ! not all the time though, like more like every 2 days or so.

anyone else experiencing this?

skim7x

Aug 15, 2010
A - it works flawlessly. Most people purchased the S3 back when it was a new toy and any issues would have been dealt with long ago. Also, this software will work on any rooted phone, regardless of the manufacturer.

B - if you can't see the advantage you should probably not have paid for this software to begin with :)
Well, it was a HUGE savior on my Nexus... but my Nexus didn't have the "block caller" build in... however, your software still has advantages like autoreply with text and blocking text message as well... GREAT JOB!! Well worth the money =P

Reactions: ftgg99

marv_in_lbc

Oct 16, 2011
Long Beach, CA
I have the Pro Version on Stock AT&T 4.1.1 Galaxy S3.
I have never had a problem with losing my data connection.
Oh, and I actually bought the app while I was on AOKP 4.1.2 for the AT&T Galaxy S3--had no problems with the data connection dropping while on that rom either.

Thanks for your work. I love the app--works flawlessly.

Last edited:
Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Well, it was a HUGE savior on my Nexus... but my Nexus didn't have the "block caller" build in... however, your software still has advantages like autoreply with text and blocking text message as well... GREAT JOB!! Well worth the money =P

If you need even more advantages you can have a look at Cal Master in my sig its on sale st the moment.

skim7x

Aug 15, 2010
This morning I received a text from a number that I had blocked in this app...not sure how it snuck through? I added the contact to the 'exceptions' so that it would be blocked regardless of the profile I was using. I made sure that text message blocking was selected as well... any ideas?

Currently on cm10 stable...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
This morning I received a text from a number that I had blocked in this app...not sure how it snuck through? I added the contact to the 'exceptions' so that it would be blocked regardless of the profile I was using. I made sure that text message blocking was selected as well... any ideas?

Currently on cm10 stable...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

If you havent rebooted yet best you send logs through "write to us" in the app. Be sure to describe the problem and also mention the number that wasnt blocked.

Im on cm10 myself, though admittedly im running call master rather than rcb. Shouldnt make any difference but maybe i missed something...

Anyone else seens something like this?

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
I don't see this in the "Galaxy Note" forum, but since this issue seems to affect Samsung phones (Galaxy SIII and Note), I will chime-in:

I have AT&T Galaxy Note with ICS - stock ROM - rooted, that's it.

I bought Root Call Blocker Pro today because I thought RCB can not only block and send calls to VM, but also do accept and then hang-up, preventing the caller from leaving VM, ever.

However, after trying every single "Blocking" method (Fast Reject, Alt Reject, etc.), all blocked calls still goes to VM. So I went and got a refund of the app.

Not sure if this is an issue with the app..

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I don't see this in the "Galaxy Note" forum, but since this issue seems to affect Samsung phones (Galaxy SIII and Note), I will chime-in:

I have AT&T Galaxy Note with ICS - stock ROM - rooted, that's it.

I bought Root Call Blocker Pro today because I thought RCB can not only block and send calls to VM, but also do accept and then hang-up, preventing the caller from leaving VM, ever.

However, after trying every single "Blocking" method (Fast Reject, Alt Reject, etc.), all blocked calls still goes to VM. So I went and got a refund of the app.

Not sure if this is an issue with the app..

Its not. VM settings depend on your operator - this app already provides all possible reject methods (apart from KILL, which is on Call Master only).

You might want to try CM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1291587

But also call your operator and find out what call forwarding settings you can manage yourself - usually theres more than whats available on the device.

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Its not. VM settings depend on your operator - this app already provides all possible reject methods (apart from KILL, which is on Call Master only).

You might want to try CM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1291587

But also call your operator and find out what call forwarding settings you can manage yourself - usually theres more than whats available on the device.

Actually, I want the blocked caller NOT to ne able to leave VM. So it'll be like this:

Ring --> accept call --> immediately hang up --> no VM.

I currently have Mr. Number app and it can do this, but I want RCB because it's not bloated like Mr. Number.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Actually, I want the blocked caller NOT to ne able to leave VM. So it'll be like this:

Ring --> accept call --> immediately hang up --> no VM.

I currently have Mr. Number app and it can do this, but I want RCB because it's not bloated like Mr. Number.

Slow reject is supposed to do that...

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Hmm interesting. And you say that mr number works properly? Ill check this out...

Yes, Mr. number works perfectly. If you fixed the issue, I'll re-buy the app!

FYI, Mr. number have 2 settings:
1. Hang up: phone no ring, caller cannot leave VM. This is what I want
2. Voicemail: phone no ring, caller send to VM

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Yes, Mr. number works perfectly. If you fixed the issue, I'll re-buy the app!

FYI, Mr. number have 2 settings:
1. Hang up: phone no ring, caller cannot leave VM. This is what I want
2. Voicemail: phone no ring, caller send to VM

Lol ok so i just tried mr number and heres what happens:

hang up - scrceen turns on, theres a few notes of a melody then screen turns off, the calls isnt disconnected just cant hear anything

send to voicemail - sends busy signal

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Lol ok so i just tried mr number and heres what happens:

hang up - scrceen turns on, theres a few notes of a melody then screen turns off, the calls isnt disconnected just cant hear anything

send to voicemail - sends busy signal

Hmm.. on the "Hang up" option, the screen DID turn on but the caller hear the "hang-up" click and got disconnected.

However, I think I know the problem:

I use Google Voice extensively and I gave people my GVoice number instead of the cell phone number. The test I did with RCB and Mr. Number was by calling my GVoice number. I'll download RCB trial and test by calling the cell phone number instead of GVoice number.

I also use "Current Caller ID" app, which started when a call comes in for the purpose of doing reverse number lookup. This may also be a problem, since now we have this app and RCB starting when a call comes in.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

So I downloaded RCB Trial and set it up as follow:
- Blacklist - ALL number blocked
- Start at boot
- Rebooted the phone after setting the above
- Block mode: tried every single reject option (Reject, Alt-Reject, Fast Reject, Slow Reject)

Then the test:

TEST 1:Call to cell number (NOT GVoice) with RCB block ON
1). "Current Caller ID" app did NOT start (good thing)
2). RCB shows blocked call notification
3). Phone did NOT ring
4). Caller hear ONE ring
5). Caller got disconnected
Result: exactly what I wanted

TEST 2: Call to GVoice with RCB blocking ON
3). Phone did NOT ring
4). Caller hear phone rings continuously
5). Caller get transferred to cell phone VM, NOT GVoice VM (this is interesting…)
Result: NOT what I wanted

So I believe this has to do with GVoice. Especially interesting is on Test 2 above --> the call gets directed to the phone VM and not GVoice VM. Usually (without RCB app installed), the called will leave VM on GVoice.

The good news: I think it is NOT your app, it works as intended
The bad news: those who use GVoice as the primary number will not be able to use RCB

Using Mr. Number, at least on my setup, the caller CANNOT leave VM, so it seems the app was able to intercept the call to my GVoice number.

BTW, I tried rebooting the phone, pulling the battery out, clearing cache and Dalvik and same result as the above.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Hmm.. on the "Hang up" option, the screen DID turn on but the caller hear the "hang-up" click and got disconnected.

However, I think I know the problem:

I use Google Voice extensively and I gave people my GVoice number instead of the cell phone number. The test I did with RCB and Mr. Number was by calling my GVoice number. I'll download RCB trial and test by calling the cell phone number instead of GVoice number.

I also use "Current Caller ID" app, which started when a call comes in for the purpose of doing reverse number lookup. This may also be a problem, since now we have this app and RCB starting when a call comes in.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

So I downloaded RCB Trial and set it up as follow:
- Blacklist - ALL number blocked
- Start at boot
- Rebooted the phone after setting the above
- Block mode: tried every single reject option (Reject, Alt-Reject, Fast Reject, Slow Reject)

Then the test:

TEST 1:Call to cell number (NOT GVoice) with RCB block ON
3). Phone did NOT ring
4). Caller hear ONE ring
5). Caller got disconnected
Result: exactly what I wanted

TEST 2: Call to GVoice with RCB blocking ON
3). Phone did NOT ring
4). Caller hear phone rings continuously
5). Caller get transferred to cell phone VM, NOT GVoice VM (this is interesting…)
Result: NOT what I wanted

So I believe this has to do with GVoice. Especially interesting is on Test 2 above --> the call gets directed to the phone VM and not GVoice VM. Usually (without RCB app installed), the called will leave VM on GVoice.

The good news: I think it is NOT your app, it works as intended
The bad news: those who use GVoice as the primary number will not be able to use RCB

Using Mr. Number, at least on my setup, the caller CANNOT leave VM, so it seems the app was able to intercept the call to my GVoice number.

BTW, I tried rebooting the phone, pulling the battery out, clearing cache and Dalvik and same result as the above.

If its ringing continuously, the reject mode has to be "dont answer"... as i said, it all depends on your various call forwarding settings.

Also, its not as ring that people hear, its a tone!

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
If its ringing continuously, the reject mode has to be "dont answer"... as i said, it all depends on your various call forwarding settings.

Also, its not as ring that people hear, its a tone!

I don't change anything on the call forwarding...its whatever the carrier set. I tried RCB on my AT&T Note, Verizon Galaxy Nexus and Virgin Mobile Triumph and it exhibit the same problem ONLY if the caller call my GVOICE number.

If the call is to the cellular number and not Voice, its great.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I'm not sure there's anything to be done about that...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys check this new one by me out:

abcohJs0.jpg

Ditalix is not just the name of a planet from the Star Trek TNG episode "Conspiracy" - its a suite of awesome live wallpapers with
    incredible customization options. Its free, its fun, its built to look great on high resolution devices like the Nexus 10 and its Fahrbot!

Features:

★ Completely free theme constructor - pay only for the stuff you like
    ★ Shapes, animations, settings and glow effects to suit every taste
    ★ Use your own images to create amazing background palettes
    ★ Randomize settings to quickly create interesting themes
    ★ Sit there gawking at the screen because its just so cool

Facts:

★ Phone and tablet UI for ease of use
    ★ Written in native, its a billion times faster than most other wallpapers
    ★ Supports ultra high resolution textures - up to 4600 pixels per edge
    ★ Works flawlessly even on older, weaker devices
    ★ Full multi-touch implementation: swipe with as many fingers as you've got

This is the first release, so if problems do arise, please let us know before rating - we will fix any issues as soon as possible.
    You can write to support@fahrbot.co.uk or through our website at www.http://fahrbot.co.uk/feedback any time, we will help.

And the most important thing: have fun! We certainly did when we were creating it :)

Screens:

You can find the gallery HERE.

Download:

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.ditalix.free

Or use this handy QR code from our friends at goqr.me:

create-qr-code

Support and feedback:

This is the first release - if problems arise, please contact us at support@fahrbot.co.uk or through our website: http://fahrbot.co.uk/feedback.

And do offer suggestions for shapes and effects and whatever else you can think of :)
    Hi guys, Im the dev of Root Call Blocker, a powerful blocking solution. There have been a few reports of people experiencing issues with the data connection on the S3, which i dont have.

Could someone please let me know if this is indeed the case?

If you do find an issue please follow this procedure:

- as soon as you spot the radio without a data connection (not after a call) send logs through the "Write to us" item in Settings
    - once youve sent the report, try using the Debugging tools found in settings
    - if the tools do not help, please send another report - this will still help me track issues

Thanks in advance, PR after the break

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Root Call Blocker - the only truly functional call filter

Feeling paranoid? Need privacy? Discretion? Enter Root Call Blocker, the only true call firewall available on Android.

Unlike all other call blocking apps, Root Call Blocker silently blocks calls at a system level. You need not even know its working.

Supported languages: English, Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Pyccĸий, Українська.

If you want to help translate, visit http://bit.ly/wCgD4j

Advantages:

- A call will never go through
    - Your phone never rings
    - Reject calls from anyone, including restricted numbers
    - Wildcards block groups of callers
    - Keep blocked calls and messages hidden
    - Five reject methods, including "Don't answer"
    - Per-number logging

Features:

- Multiple profiles
    - Groups integration
    - Exceptions
    - SMS auto-replies
    - Toggle widget
    - Scheduling
    - Logging
    - In-app replies
    - Persistent and event notifications
    - Customizable vibrate notifications
    - Export from hidden logs
    - Low profile
    - And much, much more

Debugging

Please follow the instructions in the app's Settings menu to send us logs of your error. Reproduce the error, then send the log.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta&feature=search_result

The Trial allows you to block one ITEM. You can use Groups to block multiple contacts.

Screens:

Been using RCB since my Cappy. Since then i have had it on my 9100, Note, Gnex.
    Been working fine on my CM10-Jellybro SGS3 ATT.
    Wish for one thing though, would like to be able to long press the number in my call log and have it added to the black list. That's one thing I miss from running stock TW. (The ability to send number to reject )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    I have been using this app for about a month on my SIII and I have had no issues at all. I was running CM10 but just recently switched to Kyan ROM. I love this app.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium
    Would love to see the block from call log feature described above!

Been using RCB for a couple of months now. It does a great job.