htc one x no os installed

Search This thread

Nanamkin

May 29, 2014
Okay so my friend asked me to fix a phone that he says one day it got stuck in boot splash screen. He claims he did not try to flash a custom Rom or something but he said he hadn't.here's some of the phones info

HTC one x
***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.14.0002
RADIO-0.19as.32.09.11_2
OpenDSP-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMC-boot

Can anyone sheed some light on the subject.
I don't know how to use adb and fastboot

And I have Windows xp and Mac 10.6 and lynx

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Wrong forum, the evita is the HTC one XL.. Thread reported for moving to the correct forum. This part is for the international HTC one X (quad-core model)

Good luck

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I think your friend is telling fibs, phones don't just magically stop booting for no reason. Please tell him to own up to whatever activities lead to this situation, as embarrassing as it might be, I need to know how this happened in order to help properly.

Now, just to be clear, the phone is actually the HTC One XL, not the HTC One X. They look similar but are actually very different. What recovery is installed on the device?

Another question for you, why isn't your friend posting here and attempting to fix this problem himself? If he can't recover from a simple problem like this (or can't be bothered learning/trying) he honestly has no place having a modified phone. That might sound harsh but it's the truth, this is very basic knowledge, it's flashing 101. Knowing how to recover from something like this is an essential skill for anyone who owns a modified phone. If your friend isn't interested in being honest about what lead to this situation, or interested in learning how to recover from this situation, my only advice is to return to the device to stock and leave it that way. I'd strongly urge him to get on here and post himself, and do some reading to educate himself on the ins and outs of modified devices.

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanamkin

Nanamkin

May 29, 2014
sorry for being so vauge

My friend is a lady friend who had no idea how the phone could have become modified. The phone is a HTC one X and my lady friend said she would love nothing more then to have a stock phone. My friend has no intrest in leaning how the in's and out's of HTC but, I on the other hand would love to learn about HTC and Android. I come from a n Apple community and have a little knowledge but not a lot.
Anything you can tell me would help greatly, and I would be indeed greatful.

Sincerely Nanamkin

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
The only option for you is to return the phone to stock, giving a modified device to someone who knows nothing about them and doesn't even want a modified device is a bad idea. I'll just reiterate though, it isn't a HTC One X, it's the One XL. Is it an at&t model? Can you please retrieve the software version from Settings/About Phone? Can you please enter recovery from the bootloader screen and tell me which recovery version is installed?

Sent from my Evita

Nanamkin

May 29, 2014
Thank you so much

The only option for you is to return the phone to stock, giving a modified device to someone who knows nothing about them and doesn't even want a modified device is a bad idea. I'll just reiterate though, it isn't a HTC One X, it's the One XL. Is it an at&t model? Can you please retrieve the software version from Settings/About Phone? Can you please enter recovery from the bootloader screen and tell me which recovery version is installed?

Sent from my Evita

it is AT&T
and it has TWRP 2.14
dont know the software version but when i connect to 'htc sync manger'' it says version 2.20 but im not sure.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
it is AT&T
and it has TWRP 2.14
dont know the software version but when i connect to 'htc sync manger'' it says version 2.20 but im not sure.

There is no TWRP 2.14 for this device, are you confusing it with the hboot number? Go to Settings/About Phone (where I said it would be earlier), and post the software version please.

Sent from my Evita

Nanamkin

May 29, 2014
Man your GOOD

There is no TWRP 2.14 for this device, are you confusing it with the hboot number? Go to Settings/About Phone (where I said it would be earlier), and post the software version please.

Sent from my Evita

I am sooo sorry. you are absulotly right, and you are good! how did you know that? lol
here is the right info.

TWRP 2.3.1.0

im sorry i cant boot into the phone to check the setting/about phone for a software version. do you know any other way?
and while i was messing around i figured out how to install ADB and FASTBOOT and use it.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm an idiot, completely forgot you can't boot to check the software version. Facepalm. Can you please check the CID for me? Put the phone in fastboot mode and issue this command:

Code:
fastboot oem readcid

Sent from my Evita

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok. To get the phone back to stock you Erik need to run an RUU, but in order to do that safely you'll first need to get s-off. To get s-off you're gonna need a booting ROM on the device. Purely for this exercise I think Kickdroid would be your best option, head to our Android Development section and find the Kickdroid thread, download it, and use TWRP recovery to install it. Look in the How-To Guide For Beginners thread in my signature for full instructions on how to flash the ROM. Please note, you'll also need to flash the boot.img from the ROM zip via fastboot after flashing the ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
when i get done with step 6 i cant use the last 3 codes for the s-off flag because the phone wont boot into android?

I thought you said you had the ROM on your phone? Did you just mean the zip? If so, go to the How-To thread in my signature and follow the instructions to install the ROM and flash the boot.img. Then you can go back to the Facepalm thread. Just make sure you boot up the phone and set it up before doing the s-off process.

Nanamkin

May 29, 2014
I got the rom to work

I thought you said you had the ROM on your phone? Did you just mean the zip? If so, go to the How-To thread in my signature and follow the instructions to install the ROM and flash the boot.img. Then you can go back to the Facepalm thread. Just make sure you boot up the phone and set it up before doing the s-off process.

I got the rom to boot after fallowing your directions(like you said)lol. but when i do steps 7 the 3 codes it says there are no directory. I got the first one to go but the other 2 would not work

Nanamkin

May 29, 2014
got the os to boot

Did you remember to extract (unzip) the file into your fastboot folder?

Sent from my Evita

okay so i have the rom on the phone (kickdroid) and now i cant run the last 3 codes on step 7. any clue. I have soffbin zip unzipped in the directory but where exactly do i put it? i have it in the same folder as adb and fastboot is that right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think your friend is telling fibs, phones don't just magically stop booting for no reason. Please tell him to own up to whatever activities lead to this situation, as embarrassing as it might be, I need to know how this happened in order to help properly.

Now, just to be clear, the phone is actually the HTC One XL, not the HTC One X. They look similar but are actually very different. What recovery is installed on the device?

Another question for you, why isn't your friend posting here and attempting to fix this problem himself? If he can't recover from a simple problem like this (or can't be bothered learning/trying) he honestly has no place having a modified phone. That might sound harsh but it's the truth, this is very basic knowledge, it's flashing 101. Knowing how to recover from something like this is an essential skill for anyone who owns a modified phone. If your friend isn't interested in being honest about what lead to this situation, or interested in learning how to recover from this situation, my only advice is to return to the device to stock and leave it that way. I'd strongly urge him to get on here and post himself, and do some reading to educate himself on the ins and outs of modified devices.

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita
    it is AT&T
    and it has TWRP 2.14

Sent from my Evita
    I'm an idiot, completely forgot you can't boot to check the software version. Facepalm. Can you please check the CID for me? Put the phone in fastboot mode and issue this command:

Code:
    fastboot oem readcid

Sent from my Evita
    Ok. To get the phone back to stock you Erik need to run an RUU, but in order to do that safely you'll first need to get s-off. To get s-off you're gonna need a booting ROM on the device. Purely for this exercise I think Kickdroid would be your best option, head to our Android Development section and find the Kickdroid thread, download it, and use TWRP recovery to install it. Look in the How-To Guide For Beginners thread in my signature for full instructions on how to flash the ROM. Please note, you'll also need to flash the boot.img from the ROM zip via fastboot after flashing the ROM.

Sent from my Evita