[Q] phone does not turn on. it goes directly to cwm recovery mode

Search This thread

marioman1

Jun 27, 2014
Good day,

I am having problem with my lg optimus l3 e400. I just rooted it the other day to solve the memory problems of the phone. It has been working fine until today. What happened was, it just turned off and whenever i turn it on, it goes directly to cwm recovery, which has been installed during the root process thru ROM manager app. I also found out that the SD card is corrupted. I had to format the SD card and tried pasting stock ROM's but it still doesn't boot and still goes to recoovery everytime I turn it on. I tried to format the device, the cache, and the other format options in recovery mode but the issue is still not solved. Can anyone please help? And if possible, give me a step by step guide because I'm kinda new at this. Thanks.

giaki3003

Jun 19, 2014
Good day,

I am having problem with my lg optimus l3 e400. I just rooted it the other day to solve the memory problems of the phone. It has been working fine until today. What happened was, it just turned off and whenever i turn it on, it goes directly to cwm recovery, which has been installed during the root process thru ROM manager app. I also found out that the SD card is corrupted. I had to format the SD card and tried pasting stock ROM's but it still doesn't boot and still goes to recoovery everytime I turn it on. I tried to format the device, the cache, and the other format options in recovery mode but the issue is still not solved. Can anyone please help? And if possible, give me a step by step guide because I'm kinda new at this. Thanks.

If you highlight the reboot option and then press the power key what happens?Does the phone reboot?If not somethings gone wrong...Anyway try flashing another custom ROM(cyanoid,for example @linuxxx)Does CWM recovery mount the SD card?Did you flash SD merge and you aren't using a SD merge compatible kernel?Anyway you can't flash stock roms from the phone.You must use the good old KDZ(How many times did he save me....:p)

Sent from my LG-E400 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: marioman1

marioman1

Jun 27, 2014
already tried flashing other roms

If you highlight the reboot option and then press the power key what happens?Does the phone reboot?If not somethings gone wrong...Anyway try flashing another custom ROM(cyanoid,for example @linuxxx)Does CWM recovery mount the SD card?Did you flash SD merge and you aren't using a SD merge compatible kernel?Anyway you can't flash stock roms from the phone.You must use the good old KDZ(How many times did he save me....:p)

Can you guys give me a link? i'm having a hard time looking for stock roms and i don't even know how to distinguish stock rom and custom rom. the sd card that was working before the happened got corrupted but after inserting it to another phone and formatting the sd card, it seems to be working and the sd card can be mounted. i'm not sure with the sd merge compatiility with the kernel but it worked for a few days so i think it is compatible. the phone does not reboot. whenever i reboot it or turn it on, it just goes to recovery mode. thanks.

giaki3003

Jun 19, 2014
Can you guys give me a link? i'm having a hard time looking for stock roms and i don't even know how to distinguish stock rom and custom rom. the sd card that was working before the happened got corrupted but after inserting it to another phone and formatting the sd card, it seems to be working and the sd card can be mounted. i'm not sure with the sd merge compatiility with the kernel but it worked for a few days so i think it is compatible. the phone does not reboot. whenever i reboot it or turn it on, it just goes to recovery mode. thanks.

http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=11 this link is for the stock roms.Just download one of them(the best one is v10m:D)And then flash it thru kdz.I prefer it cause it's more UNOFFICIAL:D:D.This is the guide for using KDZ: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582881 :p Have a nice day!
P.S. You can ignore step 4 since the link i gave you is better;)

Last edited:

marioman1

Jun 27, 2014
http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=11 this link is for the stock roms.Just download one of them(the best one is v10m:D)And then flash it thru kdz.I prefer it cause it's more UNOFFICIAL:D:D.This is the guide for using KDZ: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582881 :p Have a nice day!

thanks. but i cant download from the stcok rom link you gave me. it's asking me to download different apps that i'm not sure i'll be needing like babylon, bearshare and i dont see a way or a link i can click to skip it if it is an advertisement. thanks :)

giaki3003

Jun 19, 2014
i think i got. let's hope it solves it, thanks a lot.

If i helped you there's the thanks button;).Anyway the stock roms i gave you are from another thread in the forum.You can try the original step 4 if you can't use mine;):):D.Have a nice day,greetz from giaki3003

My phone: Lg-e400 with cyanoid rom #15+cyanoid kernel 0.4(@linuxx)+supercharger v6 (@zeppenlinrox)+crossbreeder (edited zip) (@idcrisis)+swap of 50 mb (System) and 693 mb (sdcard) all this for#abetterl3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good day,

i think i got. let's hope it solves it, thanks a lot.

If i helped you there's the thanks button;).Anyway the stock roms i gave you are from another thread in the forum.You can try the original step 4 if you can't use mine;):):D.Have a nice day,greetz from giaki3003

My phone: Lg-e400 with cyanoid rom #15+cyanoid kernel 0.4(@linuxx)+supercharger v6 (@zeppenlinrox)+crossbreeder (edited zip) (@idcrisis)+swap of 50 mb (System) and 693 mb (sdcard) all this for#abetterl3