HTC extended battery

Search This thread

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
Amazon had some the other day. But its 20 bucks Plus shipping, so for another 10 you get the official battery itself. I have a tbolt extended battery but I went ahead and got the official one because I wasn't really saving anything by just buying the battery door.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

yeah i posted an edit right before you posted saying exactly the same thing

chaos254

Mar 4, 2011
Just ordered mine for 29.99. Ive only had the phone for about a week and was already frustrated with battery life. I'll probably pick up an extended on amazon as a backup

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
I purchased this same battery and I'm somewhat happy with it. It's bigger than the extended battery from my EVO 4g but doesnt last as long. Disappointed but I got it for $29.99 as well so not bad. That should be regular price. Not worth $60

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

brisdaddy1207

Nov 12, 2010
Fowler
I got one online for 25 and a free mhl cable because I went to the corporate Niles Ohio store and got treated like sh.t twice in a week..

Wendemixda

Mar 5, 2011
I got one at a corporate Verizon store but so far I don't see a difference between that battery and the standard one in term of duration. 12-13 hours with moderate use. BTW, does having LTE/CDMA instead of CDMA only selected drain battery? I just realized that it was what I had been using.

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
I got one at a corporate Verizon store but so far I don't see a difference between that battery and the standard one in term of duration. 12-13 hours with moderate use. BTW, does having LTE/CDMA instead of CDMA only selected drain battery? I just realized that it was what I had been using.

Make sure you door is making good contact. Because if it's not and you're running lte, as you say, then that will kill the extended battery in no time. because the antenna is in the battery door. Try battery monitor also, that can some times help you find a specific drain. I'm a heavy user I kill the extended battery in about 14 hours. I was lucky to see 6 out of the stock one.

Reactions: Wendemixda

dyetheskin

Dec 12, 2006
bensalem, pa
can someone post a proper voltage reading? preferably one after the ext has been used for a few charge cycles and has settled. I bought one of these and I'll need to compare after I charge full/drain a few times. hoping it's not like stock where it was 4353mV

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I already posted this in another thread (but there are tons of extended battery threads).

Anyone who ALREADY HAS an extended battery (and the back that goes with it), here is an extended battery (WITHOUT the back) that is the EXACT same part number as Rezounds. It's worked in 3 rezounds for me without issue. It behaves exactly as the Rezound one (it's the same part number.)

ITS $4!!!!!!!

FOUR DOLLARS, from HTC (not some x-brand).

It's worth charging, and tossing in your glove compartment. It's legit. Get it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055OTNK4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Reactions: blestsol

blestsol

Jul 24, 2010
Baltimore
I already posted this in another thread (but there are tons of extended battery threads).

Anyone who ALREADY HAS an extended battery (and the back that goes with it), here is an extended battery (WITHOUT the back) that is the EXACT same part number as Rezounds. It's worked in 3 rezounds for me without issue. It behaves exactly as the Rezound one (it's the same part number.)

ITS $4!!!!!!!

Thanks grabbing two!

318sugarhill

Aug 31, 2010

ITS $4!!!!!!!

are you the seller? :)

Just kidding. Good deal. I bought one like this for my dinc on ebay. Everyone swore it was junk, and it would last 3 months tops. I just retired the dinc, and after 18 months of using that battery alongside the stock battery (used a seidio charger for the batteries...I never plugged the phone in, just shut down and swapped batteries when it was dead) that battery was still working fine. It was starting to not last as long as when I first got it, but so was the stock battery. I'd say they had lost about 20% of their capacity based on the usage I was getting. For $8 (with shipping) it's worth the risk.

Now if I can only find the adapter piece for the Seidio chargers for the Rezound battery so I don't have to buy a whole new charger.......

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
are you the seller? :)

Just kidding. Good deal. I bought one like this for my dinc on ebay. Everyone swore it was junk, and it would last 3 months tops. I just retired the dinc, and after 18 months of using that battery alongside the stock battery (used a seidio charger for the batteries...I never plugged the phone in, just shut down and swapped batteries when it was dead) that battery was still working fine. It was starting to not last as long as when I first got it, but so was the stock battery. I'd say they had lost about 20% of their capacity based on the usage I was getting. For $8 (with shipping) it's worth the risk.

Now if I can only find the adapter piece for the Seidio chargers for the Rezound battery so I don't have to buy a whole new charger.......

Just buy the thunderbolt adapter. Its the same. Works fine for me.

Feb 15, 2008
El Cajon
The VZW "sale" was still going this past Friday. Now I'm frantically looking for the clear insert for extended battery that came with my windshield mount. :-/

jbuffethed

Sep 28, 2010
I read this while laying in bed. I ran downstairs and ordered one. Cant go wrong at that price. Should've gotten 2.

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
Question for those who have the extended battery already - if you lay the Rezound on its back, does it lay flat with the extended battery cover? At work I leave mine on my desk and type on it without picking it up - just wondering if the curvature of the extended battery cover is such that the phone no longer lays flat without moving around when typing...

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
Question for those who have the extended battery already - if you lay the Rezound on its back, does it lay flat with the extended battery cover? At work I leave mine on my desk and type on it without picking it up - just wondering if the curvature of the extended battery cover is such that the phone no longer lays flat without moving around when typing...

ive tried one on at my store and can confirm it does NOT lay flat. it's like a rounded edge so it bobs front and back

Reactions: rsage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And if you're looking for an additional extended battery (you already have the extended back), you can get a Thunderbolt extended battery real cheap here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055OTNK4/ref=mp_s_a_13?qid=1334231529&sr=8-13

Note that the picture in the description does not match the actual battery. But go to the htcpedia.com Site and look at the Rezound extended battery options and you'll see that the Thunderbolt extended battery fits just fine in the Rezound and has the exact same model number that is listed in the Amazon link. Mnfg Part #: 35H00149-01M

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-thunderbolt-rezound-oem-2750mah-extended-battery.html

And yes, the Thunderbolt extended battery works perfectly fine in the Rezound. Here is my video proving it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikSJgbn5D6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just got the extended battery from a VZW store for 50% off. That's $25. Can't beat that. Just figured I'd pass this along. It might just be a weekend sale to go along with the sale of the phone for $50 this weekend.
    You are one brave soul if you are going to put that in your phone.

That's an interesting outlook. I have been using one of these for nearly two months now with no issues. It has worked perfectly. I have another actual HTC extended battery which I alternate with this one and there is no perceivable difference between the two.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2
    For what its worth..
    Logged into my vzw acct and it only gave me a discount of 44.99 for the extended battery, cleared my cart and logged out of my account now it gave me the 50% discount of 29.99 (from 59.99), logged back in and it kept the price. You won't see the discount until you add it to your cart.
    Not sure if it was a glitch or Verizon trying to get more money out of its customers.
    But hopefully this helps anyone looking to buy this.
    What are you all using for cases for this battery? i like the hard silicon was for the normal battery(aren't bulky). But i think I might get an extended one for vacations and stuff, that take frequently... i thought I saw it posted somewhere but I can't find it now.

These are what I bought:

Case

Battery

Back Cover

Everything is working awesome. For under $50...You can't go wrong!