iNew i6000 (and other Chinese 6.45" FHD phones) - $250

Search This thread

Batfink33

So would who would recommend this phone..?

IThe build quality is not great. After a week I have got dust in the camera lens, some of the silver paint has rubbed off from around the frame and it just feels a bit plastic i wouldnt keep it in my pocket without a case.BUT for the price the screen looks great, its fast and snappy and easily beats the Galaxy Mega which is much more expensive.

Sent from my UMI X2 using Tapatalk 4

dio62000

Jan 16, 2009
So would who would recommend this phone..?

I own this phone a few days now and I'm excited. Can't say anything about durability yet, but the advantages are many:

- low priced!
- big screen
- great specs (2 GB/32 GB, quadcore 1,5 Ghz)
- dual SIM (big plus)
- it has a pen that works well (if off USB cable), you can download many note apps from Google Play (right now I'm using Antipaper Notes)
- can be rooted and flashed with CWM / SP Flash Tools (which works different than Odin btw)
- battery life with official Firefly V65 ROM is great for a phone of this size; in standby I'm sure it could last 2 days. Of course when using it it consumes a lot more battery. At normal/intensive use it lasts at least a day.
- the phone is even thinner than my Samsung Note 1
- Xposed is working on the iNew (loads of tweaks possible, which for me is a must! Tweaks like changing density per app, changing colours and notifcation panel)

Some things to consider are:

- camera has the infamous pink spot and it's even rather big. Flash isn´t working great.
- GPS isn't working out of the box, you need to install MobileUncle (free and needed for installing recovery anyway) to get it working for navigation. After that, it's working though.
- I needed to install an app (free) to had the screen automaticallyl turn off when making phone calls
- apps memory is 0,99 GB. That wasn't big enough for me, I had to partition the internal SD card to extend the 0,99 to (in my case) 3 GB.

brady56

Mar 27, 2012
IThe build quality is not great. After a week I have got dust in the camera lens, some of the silver paint has rubbed off from around the frame and it just feels a bit plastic i wouldnt keep it in my pocket without a case.BUT for the price the screen looks great, its fast and snappy and easily beats the Galaxy Mega which is much more expensive.

Sent from my UMI X2 using Tapatalk 4

i think all chinese phone are easy to has dust in the screen.such as THL,zopo,inew,umi,jiayu and so on.the ZTE ,LENOVO ,huawei will much better

Sep 19, 2012
I'm not sure if i'm seeing a pattern here but to owners of the inew i6000, can you please confirm this.

When you plug in the usb cable for charging, if it is plugged in "properly", there is red led lighting up near top of the phone, the battery icon in the notification bar says it is charging and the battery reading is accurate. However, if it is plugged in "improperly", the red led doesnt light up but the battery icon on the notification bar still says it is charging. In this case, android "charges" until the meter is 100% but i think the battery is not really actually charged. When you plug it in "properly" only then will you see the correct battery level. This may account for "sudden drops" in battery charge after a supposedly 100% full charge.

The key seems to be that when charging make sure the red led is lit, else it is not really charging.

Can anyone else confirm this?

dio62000

Jan 16, 2009
I'm not sure if i'm seeing a pattern here but to owners of the inew i6000, can you please confirm this.

When you plug in the usb cable for charging, if it is plugged in "properly", there is red led lighting up near top of the phone, the battery icon in the notification bar says it is charging and the battery reading is accurate. However, if it is plugged in "improperly", the red led doesnt light up but the battery icon on the notification bar still says it is charging. In this case, android "charges" until the meter is 100% but i think the battery is not really actually charged. When you plug it in "properly" only then will you see the correct battery level. This may account for "sudden drops" in battery charge after a supposedly 100% full charge.

The key seems to be that when charging make sure the red led is lit, else it is not really charging.

Can anyone else confirm this?

No red light here and charging anyway ;)

Turbojo

Nov 23, 2012
Chichester
I have bought a Carpad T65 2G/32G and I am impressed with it.

problems I have:

SP flash tool, I cant backup data or int sdcard, earlier part of rom is fine, get alignment errors.
CWM recovery in Chinese.... Firefly and i6000 don't work and cwm builder makes the img larger than partition (6.06mb).
MTK tools makes a recovery but the font is so small I need a magnifier to read it and its an old version.
build.prop has an lcd density of 430 which errors play store, my wife's UMI x2 has a density that is not listed in the build.prop but is 480 and the same apps install fine. If I change the density on this phone to 350 those apps install fine.
No notification/charging light.

Other than that I love it.

Last edited:

eojont

Mar 6, 2011
Bangkok
I have bought a Carpad T65 2G/32G and I am impressed with it.

problems I have:

SP flash tool, I cant backup data or int sdcard, earlier part of rom is fine, get alignment errors.
CWM recovery in Chinese.... Firefly and i6000 don't work and cwm builder makes the img larger than partition (6.06mb).
MTK tools makes a recovery but the font is so small I need a magnifier to read it and its an old version.
build.prop has an lcd density of 430 which errors play store, my wife's UMI x2 has a density that is not listed in the build.prop but is 480 and the same apps install fine. If I change the density on this phone to 350 those apps install fine.
No notification/charging light.

Other than that I love it.

Thanks for sharing, dpi 350 Is really painfull since it has full hd display, small number is making it even very small. Mine set 560 Still not big enough for old man eyes.
I thing carpad has different hardware so, rom can not share with inew or firefly.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Turbojo

Nov 23, 2012
Chichester
Just found out that the MoreFine S6pro that I have is a clone of the 2/32GB Star/Ulefone U650. The iNew/Firefly roms are incompatible with this phone. If anyone needs a CWM recovery (in English) for it let me know.

Try my CWM rom, it is the only rom on Needrom at the moment for the Carpad T65.
I have finally sorted the CWM recovery, so just the DPI setting (which I think on the UMI X2 is set in the kernel) and SP Flash (on the Cache, Data, and Mass Storage) to sort now.

Turbojo

Nov 23, 2012
Chichester
I have tried the Ulefone U650 rom from needrom and it works fine on my phone.
I actually prefer it as there is not as many junk apps on it, the icons are all stock JB and the 'reboot, reboot recovery, shutdown' ect all work in Mobileuncletools. Also the DPI is fine and all the apps from Play Store install fine.
I have now modded it so it reports as being a Carpad and all the boot logos are Carpad as well.

There is a newer T65 rom on the 'official' website forum with some bug fixes,dpi and playstore being one of them as well as the voltage drop from 14% to 1%, but still the Mobileuncletools fault remains.
I ported the generic JB icons into the apps and removed all the junk apps. I would just like the reboot issue sorted but I have not got a clue where to start.

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
Strange Touch Screen behaviour when charging

Hi all !
I saw some complaints about Touch screen precision on the iNew i6000 and felt lucky that mine feels perfect (with Pen AND finger).
I am using a doodle app and/or "Multitouch Tester" to try out those things.

But the i had to charge my new "monstrous beauty" and things got wild...
I was not able to unlock the phone (using a pattern) and when i tried the pen, it was not registered at all.
I thought "OMG, its broken already (got it yesterday)...

I did this and that (reboot, reseat battery, bending the casing) and out of a sudden it worked again.
I then realized that i removed the US Charger to remove the case.
AND: i can reproduce it as often as i like: when i insert a USB charger the screen goes unresponsive / wild, as soon as i unplug it its okay again.

I am NOT using the original stuff as i wanted to leave the package as untouched as possible, but HEY, ITS A STANDARD CHARGER & CABLE, right ?

What do you think ybout this, is anyone else having this ? I am asking myself if there is something broken / loose around the USB connector or if this is "normal" behaviour that maybe changes with a new firmware...

Greetings,

Ender

Turbojo

Nov 23, 2012
Chichester
I have had that problem with every phone I have bought from China. I buy a generic 2A one from the local computer store, strip it open and solder the two centre usb pins together so the phone takes it a being an ac charger. No problems then.

Reactions: enderffx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the reply, it looks like a bluish tint with greater intensity not only me. The question is, why is this so? Tomorrow I will solve it with my dealer. To flash a new ROM. I already have a backup of both the computer and also have a backup done through recovery.

i just got the 2gb ram 32gb internal storage unit two days ago. there seems to be quite a lot of interest on this phone but no one seems to have done any reviews on it. allow me to give a small review on this phone

body

it looks great. i like large phones and although the body of the phone is plastic, it doesn't feel cheap, probably because it is a bit on the heavy side. with a body that long and wide, it not really a surprise that they can make it thinner as well, however it is still easy to hold on to. however, with that kind of size, single hand use is not possible anymore, unless you have really, really large hands. the logo of the phone is behind it, so for people who are conscious about this kind of thing, no one will know you have a chinaphone.

screen

the screen is as high res as you can get and it is bright and quite readable even outside. i realize that i was only using half the screen brightness and it was already that good. i did notice that blueish tinge that is being reported here but though nothing of it until i found it on xda. as mentioned by michalcl and stevenma61m it appears towards the bottom of the screen, near the buttons. you will only notice it if you have a white background.

as for the physical screen, i don't think this is gorilla glass though but i won't take any chances, just make sure you use your screen protector.

performance

i ran antutu (yes, not reliable) as soon as i got it out of the box and it gave me a score of 14000+, however after all my installations, i could no longer get that number anymore and have been getting 12000-13000. not great, but at least much better than my previous single core phone. 3d performance isn't spectacular, minion rush is not very smooth. for day to day usage, it feels great. applications launch quickly and i can easily switch between applications. i haven't experiences and slowdowns yet, hopefully that is thanks to the 2gb ram it has.

applications

it came with an older version of google play but this can be easily updated to the latest version. the only chinese app i got was what i think is a chinese input method which i don't really need. otherwise this seem to be quite stock.

connectivity

i didn't experience any of the signal issues i have read so far. reception seems to be good as well. this phone doesn't do LTE though, if you are looking for that, look elsewhere. one thing which surprised me was the that dual sim card slots behind the unit were not identical. the first one accepts the original size sim cards, while the second one accepts micro sim. i had to go and get it resized just because of that. unlike my older dual sim phone, this one can accept two 3g sim cards. note that the second, smaller sim card slot is a spring loaded slot. i was worried that my tiny sim card would go all the way in to the slot and i won't have any way to get it out. just push it all the way in. to get it out just push it back in and it pops right out.

accessories

mine came with a nice leather case. it has a plastic shell stuck on the inside and you just have to make the phone wear the shell. just be aware that the shell is just stuck on to the case and i do not know how reliable the adhesive is. so far in the two days that i have owned this, it hasn't fell out yet.

it also comes with a stylus. for a stylus this thin, it has some surprising heft to it. touching the screen with the stylus doesn't seem to register at all,but i doubt if i will be using the stylus at all. so this is a non issue for me.

correction: the stylus does work. sometimes it doesn't register fast enough, but it works. i still won't use it though.

it also came with a micro usb cable as well as a wall socket adaptor. they even gave me a screen protector. i haven't had time to apply it yet, so i still have the original plastic protector that came with the phone.

battery

when i put in the battery, the battery level was already at 50%, so i proceeded to charge it. it does seem to take a longer time for it to charge. at least that is what the battery level indicator says. the each time i check, the battery level barely budges. now, i'm not sure if there is anything wrong with the battery level indicator or it really is the battery's problem but as mentioned by stevenma61 plugging the charge may give you wildly different charge levels. i suspect this might be a firmware problem, hopefully they can fix this soon. i do have a spare battery maybe i should try it one of these days. i haven't run the battery all the down to empty so i don't really know if it can really last 48 hours as they claim in their website, however, my phone use typically has it plugged in the usb cable whenever i am at work. i will update the battery performance once i get more time with it. this is probably one of the most worrying points of this phone.

camera

i haven't had time with the camera yet, but is have taken some photos with it and they seem decent. it already has more megapixels than my old dslr (yes, yes, it doesn't matter).

rooting

i have already rooted it, just use the eroot program, make sure that your machine can see the phone (drivers properly installed) and just trigger the program. eroot is in chinese, but not really difficult to use. if you do not see a green button after launching it, it means it can't see your phone. once it shows up, just click on the green button and wait for it to finish.

conclusion

i love my new phone, i never thought that i would try to buy online from a chinese retailer but here it is. the phone is built solidly and has a great ips screen. probably the biggest selling factor for this is that it has large ram (2gb) and large internal storage (32gb), to top it all off, it has support for micro sd as well. it is priced below similarly spec-ed phones and i think that can give them a run for their money. apart from the battery issue i have i think this was a good purchase for me.

i hope that more people can have this phone so we can have custom roms on this as well.

hopefully this small review helps other people who are considering this phone. let me know if you need to know more.
    for rooting the phone (mtk 65xx phone) n flash the recovery

a) to root
    use ( run the below with your phone on and computer to the computer, u need to have computer able to talk to phone- driver installed)
    1-- Eroot ( google this Eroot , u should be able to get the programe)

2-- Auto Root MTK6589 (One click root)

run the first one, if cannot root, then run the second one,

still cannot get root, then run the first one again, that is how i get mine rooted.

B) for recovery.img to flash to phone - u need the phone to be rooted
    dowload recovery.zip from needrom.com , look for firefly under other catergory (the recovery is in chinese), not too sure u can find one in eng.
    unzip the recovery.zip and get the file recovery.img and copy it to the root of your sd card in the phone

now dowlload "mobileuncle" from play store in your phone.
    then run the mobileuncle, then hit the Recovery Update" then choose the file u have copied to the sd card,

then reboot the phone , there u have recovery installed

the current rom i have still the stock rom, but the 3g signal up n down , not stable.
    i have just download the other two rom from the web site they have just updated hours ago. i will try
    Final pattern for modified antenna

after using this pattern for 2 days, i find this pattern is quite good

the signal most of the time stay at 3 bars, have not drop to zero so far.
    Hi Stevenma61,

I will get my 32 Gb 2gb ram white color today.

Can you please share where is the place to download rom and CWM.?
    Did mobile uncle tools work for this model for flashing cwm?
    Has it pre root from the seller?

Thanks in advance.

for CWM recovery, i am not too sure if u can get it english on the web, bcause the one i use is in Chinese , from Firefly V65 , u can use the rom from Firefly V65 , go to needrom.com

or the firefly web site 91firefly ( go n google this "91firely" the web is in chinese, u can translate with crome , or bing)

ity to lookfor iNew6000 on the web, so far , i did noot get it

I will see if i can create my own recovery, if i can get it , i will let u know

yes i use mobile uncle to flash my recovery.img to my phone
    inew i6000

received my inew phone i6000 on 16/072013
    i bought it for 265 without shipping cost.

the screen is good( much much better, i think because of OGS - one glass Screen solution) , compare to the other one i had ( star S7599 ) which i bought in May.
    the reading angle is as good as those high eng phone (HTC, Nexus, Samsung) , except, when u are using chrome/browser, the bottom part of the screen show a little blueish ( somesort like when u have reached the last page of the web)

I have rooted and CWM

i also tried to flash it with the Firefly V65 rom found on the needrom web
    it is ok the rom from V65 are compatible with iNew 6000