Note 8 vs iPad mini Retina

Search This thread

Gino76ph

Oct 18, 2013
Hi.

I would like to ask whether you guys know the current Android version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0?

Seen for myself at Carphone warehouse that it was still on 4.1.2 which is Jurassic in terms of software and performance seems kinda less buttery, less smooth, lots of stuttering , etc. I also heard that screen ain't that sharp.

Please advice. Thanks.

Jamie T

Mar 1, 2013
The screen is only 720*1280.. So its not even in the same ball park as a retina which is
1536*2048

I'd expect that KitKat will be coming soon to the note 8.0 so that shouldn't bother u so much.. If you want super smooth then you might wanna try a custom ROM at some stage..

However the note has the wacom spen and its great for note taking and for artist with 1024 level of pressure sensitivity.. And its upgradable to 64gb.. And you're not locked into apples draconian ecosystem and ****ty OS

I'm super happy with mine.. Which is the 3g version.. And i use it as my phone

If you're not fussed on having an spen you should look at the latest nexus 7 as a good alternative to the iPad mini retina..

Hi.

I would like to ask whether you guys know the current Android version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0?

Seen for myself at Carphone warehouse that it was still on 4.1.2 which is Jurassic in terms of software and performance seems kinda less buttery, less smooth, lots of stuttering , etc. I also heard that screen ain't that sharp.

Please advice. Thanks.