[FEEDBACK]Darchstar CM9 ROM *Help,Tips, and Tricks*

Search This thread

patthew

Oct 10, 2011
Orange County, CA
Is there a way to get the rom to recognize the sd card, instead of just the internal sd card by itself?

It does recognize the external SD card, but you'll find it mounted at /emmc/

I was a bit freaked out when I went into /sdcard/external_sd/ and found it empty, thought at first that it had gotten wiped during the install!

Does anyone know how to configure the external SD location in CM9? I'd rather not go in manually and change the location in all my apps that reference it.

cjwaggsrx8

Jun 3, 2011
Got a quick one. When I go into settings/storage it just force closes. Not a big deal at all I was just curious if I was the only one?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

tvar2005

Jun 8, 2011
Florida
Thanks Patthew that was almost a deal breaker for me.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

If I copy and move all of my files from emmc to the usual spot for the external sd card will my apps be able to read from there properly?

coiledwire

Oct 20, 2010
norcal
Thanks Patthew that was almost a deal breaker for me.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

If I copy and move all of my files from emmc to the usual spot for the external sd card will my apps be able to read from there properly?

The standard place for aosp roms mounting the external SD is in /emmc. If you move stuff to the /external_sd folder, it will just take up space in your internal sd. I don't know if an app would even look there for its data. What app data are you trying to move?

Sent from my SPH-D710

patthew

Oct 10, 2011
Orange County, CA
The standard place for aosp roms mounting the external SD is in /emmc. If you move stuff to the /external_sd folder, it will just take up space in your internal sd. I don't know if an app would even look there for its data. What app data are you trying to move?

Sent from my SPH-D710

Titanium Backup, configured for /external_sd/, was suddenly confused and lacking configuration once my sd card was mounted at /emmc/. Or Beyondpod, now I need to tell it my new external location.

It's not a huge problem, but it's just annoying.

coiledwire

Oct 20, 2010
norcal
Titanium Backup, configured for /external_sd/, was suddenly confused and lacking configuration once my sd card was mounted at /emmc/. Or Beyondpod, now I need to tell it my new external location.

It's not a huge problem, but it's just annoying.

For Ti backup, change the folder location:

menu > preferences > backup folder location > detect! > whole phone > select the location referencing /emmc > use the current folder

I don't know anything regarding beyondpod.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: patthew

takeheart

Jun 21, 2010
Brooklyn
Been out of town a few days so haven't been able to check up on things... is the newest build still having the issue where you periodically lose data and the only way to fix it is to reboot?

lems111

Jun 5, 2009
Been out of town a few days so haven't been able to check up on things... is the newest build still having the issue where you periodically lose data and the only way to fix it is to reboot?

I haven't seen that issue. I have had no data or roaming data for 2 days. I called sprint; they are having issues in the area.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

patthew

Oct 10, 2011
Orange County, CA
For Ti backup, change the folder location:

menu > preferences > backup folder location > detect! > whole phone > select the location referencing /emmc > use the current folder

I don't know anything regarding beyondpod.
Hope this helps.

Thanks! (although I had figured that part out :p)

I had like 10 labels in TB that had survived dozens of previous ROM flashes but they didn't survive this one. Restoring TB within TB doesn't even seem to work. Has this happened to anyone else?

b0ricua

Jul 3, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hey all,

How are things running with FC18 modem and CM9? Any noticeable differences with performance/battery life/anything from the older modems?

Thx

neuteboomt

Apr 8, 2009
South Carolina
All is good. I still have issues getting a GPS lock and when I do for more than one satellite. I am running with FC18 kernal and modem. With the Kernal over clocked to 1.352 GHz. I do see the phone kick down to 1x when driving to and from work. I keep the phone on WiFi when at work and home. Faster speeds and better battery life.

lems111

Jun 5, 2009
Is there a build19 rom? I saw it being mentioned; but, it doesn't show on darch's OP

neuteboomt

Apr 8, 2009
South Carolina
When flashing build 15 and trying to add kernel FC22 I would lose root access under dev apptions. If this is the case would future builds not allow other kernels then what is in the ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I suggested this thread to Darchstar and I got the go ahead to create it.
    I hope, the purpose of it is self-explanatory. It's for all feedback, except bug reports. Logcats are preferred with your bug reports and post them on Darch's ROM thread.

Keep insults and down talks in PMs.
    My steps to upgrade rom:
    *Booted into rogue recovery, which is included with this rom, and made nandroid backup.
    *Used mobile odin to flash el26 cwm kernel from OP
    *I let it be for about 10 minutes. FYI, it seems to power off after it's done flashing.
    *I booted into recovery and followed instructions for first time install.

***NOTE: After flashing EL26 cwm kernel, phone won't reboot into OS; so, don't panic. Just used hard key combination to boot into recovery

For those using Macs:

Download and install Heimdall:
    http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/

Download EL26 CWM Kernel:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u0hs65d1utb3fe4
    (Rename this to whatever.tar and then extract the zImage, put that on your desktop)

Place phone into Download mode (power + volume down)

Navigate to desktop in terminal:
    Code:
     cd desktop

Open Terminal, type:
    Code:
     heimdall flash --kernel zImage

It will reboot once finished, then press power and volume up until you get to recovery.

Wipe data, cache, then flash your rom + gapps.

Reboot and enjoy!

The next step (optional):
    Download your modem of choice, and put your phone back into download mode. To flash the modem, open up terminal again and type:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --modem modem.bin
    Or whatever your modem file is called.

Reboot again and enjoy!

This was a post from Vip3rV333 in darch's thread.

I wasnt fully sure which recoveries were the ICS or the gingerbread, and that when you did flash CM9, the EL26 recovery would get overwritten. Thats how I got mine bricked when I tried to wipe and restore. Just add something along the lines of...

If trying to restore to your old backup...
    1. Reboot to DOWNLOAD mode (power+vol-down)
    2. Using ODIN (link) flash to StockCWM EL26.
    3. Wipe and do a factory reset.
    4. Then try to restore... yada yada or whatever the exact right procedure is.

My steps to installing CM9 with working GPS

1. Odin back to stock rooted EL29 (full restore)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1433101
    2. Use automated rooting package to flash EL26 Kernel CWM zimage *NOT ROGUE*
    (option c then option i) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342728
    3. download gps test from market and get gps lock
    4. *WITHOUT TURNING OFF GPS OR CLOSING GPS TEST*, turn off the phone
    5. Hold vol up + power to boot into recovery
    6. flash calkulins format all
    7. flash cm9
    8. flash gapps
    9. flash fc07 modem
    10. reboot
    11. shed tears of joy

Honestly there is another thread but the more the better as long as it keeps crap out of the real dev thread

I kinda agree. Also, I noticed your signature has 100% less boobage than before. For that reason, I am sad.
    I think some people are over looking the fact that the OP asked darchstar if this thread was a good idea and darchstar gave him a green light. By that alone, I have no problem with this. There have been discussion threads in development forums in the past and if this clears up some of the garbage on the main page, then job well done. But please stop bashing the guy, he's clearly just trying to be helpful.

Why is it that people still after all the bricks and all the post of how people bricked MFs still wanting to do **** in ics recovery just don't ****ing do it use Odin back to gingerbread please.

Darkstar and Sbrissen are working together and since there is already one of these, there really isn't a need for this..
    Honestly there is another thread but the more the better as long as it keeps crap out of the real dev thread