[Q] [SOLVED]No network with new SIM card on Ace 2 with TeamCanjica CM 10.2

Search This thread

micxer82

Jan 9, 2014
Munich
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Mi A2
Hi there, I flashed CM 10.2[TeamCanjica] on the Galaxy Ace 2 of my wife and everything worked fine (old SIM is o2 network). Now she has a new contract (Telekom network) and got a new SIM. However when I insert the new SIM card and enter the PIN, the phone doesn't get a network connection. Everything else works without problems.

First, I tried the SIM in my phone - working. Then I tried my SIM in her phone - working (so no SIM/Net-Lock). Before flashing CM 10.2 I made a backup of the stock JB 4.1.2 using CWM Recovery. So I restored that backup and tried it again. The SIM was working. :(

I couldn't find anything related to that problem in the forums so I tried to diff the system folder of both backups (stock 4.1.2 against CM 10.2 4.3.1) but there are way too many different files to spot the problematic one(s). I also had a look at the tee folder in system/lib but the files in there are exactly the same.

Is there anything I can do to find out, why it is working with 4.1.2 and not with 4.3.1? I'm also puzzled why the old SIM is working fine but the new one isn't!

P.S.: I couldn't post in the development forums because I just registered. That's why I opened the thread.

Last edited:

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
Hi there, I flashed CM 10.2 on the Galaxy Ace 2 of my wife and everything worked fine (old SIM is o2 network). Now she has a new contract (Telekom network) and got a new SIM. However when I insert the new SIM card and enter the PIN, the phone doesn't get a network connection. Everything else works without problems. Before flashing CM 10.2 I made a backup of the stock JB 4.1.2 using CWM Recovery. So I restored that backup and tried it again. The SIM was working. :(

I couldn't find anything related to that problem in the forums so I tried to diff the system folder of both backups (stock 4.1.2 against CM 10.2 4.3.1) but there are way too many different files to spot the problematic one(s). I also had a look at the tee folder in system/lib but the files in there are exactly the same.

Is there anything I can do to find out, why it is working with 4.1.2 and not with 4.3.1? I'm also puzzled why the old SIM is working fine but the new one isn't!

P.S.: I couldn't post in the development forums because I just registered. That's why I opened the thread.

hi,
-which varient do you have?
-is the phone sim-locked?
-have you tried fresh install?

Reactions: micxer82

micxer82

Jan 9, 2014
Munich
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Mi A2
hi,
-which variant do you have?

That was fast :)

The phone is a I8160P, CM10.2 is the newest one from TeamCanjica for the P version (cm-10.2-20140104-UNOFFICIAL-codinap.zip). CWMR version is 6.0.4.6 (if that matters)
It is not sim-locked, my SIM card (vodafone network) also works and strange enough the new SIM works in my phone (Galaxy Nexus, official CM 10.2 stable, no custom kernel or anything).

Haven't tried a fresh install yet, but since I have a backup, I can try that as well.

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013

The phone is a I8160P, CM10.2 is the newest one from TeamCanjica for the P version (cm-10.2-20140104-UNOFFICIAL-codinap.zip). CWMR version is 6.0.4.6 (if that matters)
It is not sim-locked, my SIM card (vodafone network) also works and strange enough the new SIM works in my phone (Galaxy Nexus, official CM 10.2 stable, no custom kernel or anything).

Haven't tried a fresh install yet, but since I have a backup, I can try that as well.

-do a nandroid backup
-flash stock via odin
-reboot to temp cwm 6
-wipe data/cache
-flash newest 10.2 rom for P varient
-flash gapps
-reboot
hope it works for you, good luck :)

Reactions: micxer82

micxer82

Jan 9, 2014
Munich
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Mi A2
Awesome, it worked!!! Big thanks! I had to wait for the new SIM card the provider sent that's why my answer is so late.

One more question: I now have a backup form the old not working system and one form the working version. I had a look at the system part of ti, but there were exactly no differences. In the data part the differences are so vast, that I gave up. Do you have any idea, where to look for the relevant differing files? I'm just curious what made the difference.

-do a nandroid backup
-flash stock via odin
-reboot to temp cwm 6
-wipe data/cache
-flash gapps
-reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, I flashed CM 10.2 on the Galaxy Ace 2 of my wife and everything worked fine (old SIM is o2 network). Now she has a new contract (Telekom network) and got a new SIM. However when I insert the new SIM card and enter the PIN, the phone doesn't get a network connection. Everything else works without problems. Before flashing CM 10.2 I made a backup of the stock JB 4.1.2 using CWM Recovery. So I restored that backup and tried it again. The SIM was working. :(

hi,
    -which varient do you have?

-do a nandroid backup
    -flash stock via odin
    -reboot to temp cwm 6
    -wipe data/cache
    -flash gapps
    -reboot