[Q] How to pull data when in Clockworkmod Recovery Mode?

Search This thread

aui164

Feb 14, 2014
Hi guys

I am running Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 on a Galaxy Nexus GSM. I installed that last year with the easy to use installer.
2 days ago I clicked update on that M3 Snapshot. Since then, the phone is not booting anymore and hanging on the blue loading screen with the cyanogenmod face and the circle around it.

I can boot to Odin and Clockworkmod Recovery.

I installed the Android SDK and the USB adb drivers and it shows the device under "devices" without trouble but not as a storage device so i cant pull data via the windows explorer. I am on Windows 7 Ultimate.

When in CWM Recovery and trying adb pull it says device not authorized. Unfortunetly i switched off usb debugging right before i installed that update.

My question>
I have to save the photos from the internal sd card before i can just wipe everything and reset it to factory setting. How can i do that?

Any chance to get around the "device unauthorized" msg ? Via adb devices i can see the device in the list.

I searched around a lot and kind of out of options now :/

aui164

Feb 14, 2014
if it is any help. i was just able to flash the clockworkmod to 6.0.4.7 via heimdall in odin mode but i still cannot read data from the phone..
if its possible to write on the phone it should be possible to read from it?

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
if it is any help. i was just able to flash the clockworkmod to 6.0.4.7 via heimdall in odin mode but i still cannot read data from the phone..
if its possible to write on the phone it should be possible to read from it?

Adb should work in recovery so you could try and use "adb pull".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

aui164

Feb 14, 2014
solved

ok if anyone cares for the solution:

i got all mad. i booted into cwm recovery and did the wipe all/factory reset. after that i clicked system reboot. the old cm booted smooth and quick. and all data on the internal sd card is still there. just the apps and their data is gone. pictures saved.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
ok if anyone cares for the solution:

i got all mad. i booted into cwm recovery and did the wipe all/factory reset. after that i clicked system reboot. the old cm booted smooth and quick. and all data on the internal sd card is still there. just the apps and their data is gone. pictures saved.

...I thought you were to retrieve app data. Yes, the internal storage will not be cleared during normal /data wipe (unless you intentionally do so). Anyway, congrats :)