[GUIDE] [Huawei Ascend G300] Unlock bootloader and gain root access.

Search This thread

Teodor34

Sep 16, 2013
Bad english .. I'm sorry I could not tell my problem..

There was no radio, but the original firmware of my device's firmware ..

Phone brands and are characteristic of the.

Model Number: U8816 - Huawei Ascend G301
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: 109808
Kernel Version :2.6.38.6-perf android @ localhost #
Build Number: U8816V100R001C416B895

I would like to help..

Originally had a radio version of the device, but the KVK 2.3.6 Gingerbread ROM to Turkey where required by law bandrol state tax is not installed on the phone radio software for radio devices, so it is not installed on the radio to cut down the cost ..

G300 and G301 devices have the same features .. but how do I want to install the software for my device and upload the original radio, I do not know .. I would be glad if you help me I need radio with RDS apk device as the original ..

I'm sorry again ..

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Does this method will work with B952 General version which Huawei provided on their support site?
one more thing my phone is carrier locked and it is asking for a "Sim Network Unlock Pin" when I insert sim. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue? And if I root my phone, shall it ask for "Sim Unlock Pin" or not?

If its a stock ICS then this will work.

Cake...

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Bad english .. I'm sorry I could not tell my problem..

There was no radio, but the original firmware of my device's firmware ..

Phone brands and are characteristic of the.

Model Number: U8816 - Huawei Ascend G301
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband Version: 109808
Kernel Version :2.6.38.6-perf android @ localhost #
Build Number: U8816V100R001C416B895

I would like to help..

Originally had a radio version of the device, but the KVK 2.3.6 Gingerbread ROM to Turkey where required by law bandrol state tax is not installed on the phone radio software for radio devices, so it is not installed on the radio to cut down the cost ..

G300 and G301 devices have the same features .. but how do I want to install the software for my device and upload the original radio, I do not know .. I would be glad if you help me I need radio with RDS apk device as the original ..

I'm sorry again ..

I am having trouble understanding you mate, but don't worry I don't blame you, English may not be your first language. So here's what I want you to do.

Explain what you want to happen. Preferably in key words? Like this.

Install apk of radio

Or

Info on installing ROM

Something like that? If not then just write it up in your language and I'll translate it.

Cake...

Teodor34

Sep 16, 2013
I am having trouble understanding you mate, but don't worry I don't blame you, English may not be your first language. So here's what I want you to do.

Explain what you want to happen. Preferably in key words? Like this.

Install apk of radio

Or

Info on installing ROM

Something like that? If not then just write it up in your language and I'll translate it.

Cake...

Huawei Ascend G301 original radio.apk required..

pcgardner

Dec 24, 2012
Leeds
Bricked G300 - advice on repair?

I bought an Ascend G300+ (U8815-71) from Australia, although I live in the UK (long story). It was running Gingerbread and had the 109808 baseband. I followed the instructions at huaweig300.com to root and unlock the phone and then to upgrade it to stock ICS and 2030 baseband; it all went smoothly, and the phone was running fine. I wish I'd stopped at that point!

I then tried to unlock the bootloader so that I could install CWM. I didn't realise then that I could have got a bootloader unlock code from Huawei (or DC Unlocker). I continued with the huaweig300.com instructions (http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-i...ock-bootloader-install-clockworkmod-recovery/). When I ran BootloaderG300.exe one of the operations failed, and then when I rebooted the phone it was bricked. All it will do is to flash the buttons 10 times when I press the power button or plug the charger in. It won't boot into recovery mode or bootloader mode, and it can't be accessed via USB.

I've found a post on MoDaCo from someone who had exactly the same experience (http://www.modaco.com/topic/363175-g300-unlock-bootloader-brick/). That makes me think the G300+ may need its own bootloader image; fortunately I have a nandroid backup.

I'm fairly sure it needs a JTAG repair to reflash the bootloader, and I've tried several local shops, but it seems that Huawei phones are harder to fix than commoner makes. I know this is a long shot, but if anyone in the UK has had a similar experience and can offer any advice on who to go to, I'd be very grateful. I'd prefer to take my phone to somewhere in the Leeds/Bradford area, but would be prepared to use a postal service if necessary.

rsd3k

May 25, 2013
Sydney
Samsung Galaxy S7
I bought an Ascend G300+ (U8815-71) from Australia, although I live in the UK (long story). It was running Gingerbread and had the 109808 baseband. I followed the instructions at huaweig300.com to root and unlock the phone and then to upgrade it to stock ICS and 2030 baseband; it all went smoothly, and the phone was running fine. I wish I'd stopped at that point!

I then tried to unlock the bootloader so that I could install CWM. I didn't realise then that I could have got a bootloader unlock code from Huawei (or DC Unlocker). I continued with the huaweig300.com instructions (http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-i...ock-bootloader-install-clockworkmod-recovery/). When I ran BootloaderG300.exe one of the operations failed, and then when I rebooted the phone it was bricked. All it will do is to flash the buttons 10 times when I press the power button or plug the charger in. It won't boot into recovery mode or bootloader mode, and it can't be accessed via USB.

I've found a post on MoDaCo from someone who had exactly the same experience (http://www.modaco.com/topic/363175-g300-unlock-bootloader-brick/). That makes me think the G300+ may need its own bootloader image; fortunately I have a nandroid backup.

I'm fairly sure it needs a JTAG repair to reflash the bootloader, and I've tried several local shops, but it seems that Huawei phones are harder to fix than commoner makes. I know this is a long shot, but if anyone in the UK has had a similar experience and can offer any advice on who to go to, I'd be very grateful. I'd prefer to take my phone to somewhere in the Leeds/Bradford area, but would be prepared to use a postal service if necessary.

Same thing happened to me after following the moddaco guides. (same link quoted above)
It seems like the bootloader version for G300+(aka U8815-71) is different to the original G300.

Since I'm based in Australia I managed to Swap it from the retail outlet.

To the new phone I rooted from GB version. (Hence bootloader unlock is not applicable in first place).

I found some JTAG kits online
, then again they are for U8815-51 version.

rsd3k

May 25, 2013
Sydney
Samsung Galaxy S7
I bought an Ascend G300+ (U8815-71) from Australia, although I live in the UK (long story). It was running Gingerbread and had the 109808 baseband. I followed the instructions at huaweig300.com to root and unlock the phone and then to upgrade it to stock ICS and 2030 baseband; .

Which Upgrade FIle did you use. Is it B952 ICS Update or the official VHA

I tried the offcial VHA and had the same issue while rinning the boolderG300.exe

pcgardner

Dec 24, 2012
Leeds
Which Upgrade FIle did you use. Is it B952 ICS Update or the official VHA

I tried the offcial VHA and had the same issue while rinning the boolderG300.exe

I used the ICS B952 update. Although that worked fine, I had wondered if using B952 instead of the VHA update caused BootloaderG300 to fail, but from what you say that's not the case.

I'm glad you managed to swap your phone. I've taken mine to several repair shops but so far no success. I'm on the point of giving up and throwing it away (or giving it to my wife to cannibalise for parts - she makes steampunk jewellery :) ) I've considered buying a JTAG box plus jig, but it's quite expensive and I'd have to learn from scratch - even if I became competent and offered a repair service, it would be a while before I recouped the cost.

Last edited:

Bubimir666

Nov 24, 2013
Huawei G300 Problem...

Hi, I have a problem, I was on 109808 baseband and trying to change it to 2030 following the guides, but I accidently unlocked bootloader on GB (now I know that I shouldn't have done that), and my phone just keeps rebooting when I turn it on (I can't acess recovery). But I can force update by holding Volume + & Volume - while turning it on, so I was wondering is there any fix to this? And which ROM should I force update to recover it? (Btw, I tried several official firmware-s but I just get pink line without any text, and it stops at about 1/3 and just stays there) Thanks in advance. :)

igortski

Feb 10, 2011
When I ran BootloaderG300.exe one of the operations failed, and then when I rebooted the phone it was bricked. All it will do is to flash the buttons 10 times when I press the power button or plug the charger in. It won't boot into recovery mode or bootloader mode, and it can't be accessed via USB.

I did exactly the same as you. Did you ever find a solution to your brick problem? I've bought another G300+ since and unlocked the bootloader successfully using the latest version of DC-Unlocker and have got ICS running on it. I've managed to back up the ICS rom and have it saved on my computer.

Is there any way to repair the bootloader on the bricked phone besides using JTAG? I got quoted $60AU + postage to repair it, but since I only paid $79 for it in the first place, I dont want to spend the same or more to repair it. Any suggestions from you Android gurus? Any help much appreciated.

EDIT: Here's a partion layout of the phone.

Android version: REL 4.0.3
onandroid script version: 9.2
Device: hwu8815 Huawei HUAWEI HUAWEI U8815
Contents of: /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name

179 0 3817472 mmcblk0
179 1 20 mmcblk0p1
179 2 300 mmcblk0p2
179 3 133120 mmcblk0p3
179 4 1 mmcblk0p4
179 5 12288 mmcblk0p5
179 6 196608 mmcblk0p6
179 7 4096 mmcblk0p7
179 8 3072 mmcblk0p8
179 9 4096 mmcblk0p9
179 10 3072 mmcblk0p10
179 11 3072 mmcblk0p11
179 12 393216 mmcblk0p12
179 13 786432 mmcblk0p13
179 14 4096 mmcblk0p14
179 15 8192 mmcblk0p15
179 16 20480 mmcblk0p16
179 17 4096 mmcblk0p17
179 18 81920 mmcblk0p18
179 19 2154496 mmcblk0p19
179 64 1024 mmcblk0boot1
179 32 1024 mmcblk0boot0
31 0 4096 mtdblock0
179 96 7822336 mmcblk1
179 97 7818240 mmcblk1p1

EDIT2: I've managed also to get the mmcblk0boot0 and mmcblk0boot1 from my new phone onto my computer. I don't know if this is of any help.

Last edited:

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
@igortski So you have a G300 with a broken boot loader, am I correct? Does the phone itself respond in anyway? Powers on? Led flashing etc etc? Provide me with as much info on what you did, what happened, and what's it doing right now.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

igortski

Feb 10, 2011
It's a G300+ which has 850, 900 and 2100 3G bands. The G300 only has 850 and 2100 3G. Hardware is virtually identical other then that. I used the instructions on Modaco site to try and unlock the bootloader (had upgraded to ICS which locks bootloader). All the phone does now when you plug USB charge cable in is flash the button lights ten times. There is no other response from phone at all. So it seems that the bootloader unlock exe is only for the G300 and not the G300+.

I've bought an identical phone and managed to unlock the bootloader OK on that using DC-Unlocker (this is free to use to unlock bootloader). I have a nandroid rom backup from it and also the 2 boot partitions.

The bricked phone does not respond to the usual recovery/download mode power/volume button presses. Is JTAG my only option or is there another way to recover it?

Thanks

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
It's a G300+ which has 850, 900 and 2100 3G bands. The G300 only has 850 and 2100 3G. Hardware is virtually identical other then that. I used the instructions on Modaco site to try and unlock the bootloader (had upgraded to ICS which locks bootloader). All the phone does now when you plug USB charge cable in is flash the button lights ten times. There is no other response from phone at all. So it seems that the bootloader unlock exe is only for the G300 and not the G300+.

I've bought an identical phone and managed to unlock the bootloader OK on that using DC-Unlocker (this is free to use to unlock bootloader). I have a nandroid rom backup from it and also the 2 boot partitions.

The bricked phone does not respond to the usual recovery/download mode power/volume button presses. Is JTAG my only option or is there another way to recover it?

Thanks

Are you able the enter the force update mode? Power button + Vol up and down?

igortski

Feb 10, 2011
No, the only thing that happens when I turn it on is that the button lights flah exactly 10 times.

TheArc

Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
No, the only thing that happens when I turn it on is that the button lights flah exactly 10 times.

The phone is bricked, kind of obvious, JTAG is probably your last option. If you're thinking of getting it repaired for that said amount. I highly suggest you keep the money or buy a different phone because its just not worth it. Sorry I couldn't help as much. But it seems like your phone isn't responding. Btw have you tried charging it for a whole day?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome all Huawei Acend G300 users, this is a full guide prepared by me which will help you unlock your bootloader and not only that but it will help you gain root access for system modifications and root required applications.
    Keep in mind, this method is not confirmed working if you're running android 2.3.x [ Gingerbread ]. So do not use this if you're running it. Also dual sim ones aren't supported from what I see it tempers with the phone, I haven't tested it but many have reported it doesn't work on dual sims.
    Lets get started shall we? Firstly I have gathered up some useful resources that will help you get started. Make sure you read this guide first, from top to bottom. Then continue. As you must have a clear understanding on what you are going to attempt. If you have any queries don't hesitate to ask on the thread itself.
    I have performed these exact steps and have successfully unlocked my bootloader and rooted the phone. So if you're worried. Don't be. After attempting this I haven't noticed any issues either.
    Okay, first of all you will need to download Unlockbootloader ---> View attachment unlockbootloader.zip

Once you have downloaded the said .zip extract the .exe file inside the .zip to your desktop.

Continue by turning on USB debugging on your G300. if its already switched on then skip the part below..

Go into Settings>Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging option.

Once its switched on, plug your phone to the computer using a USB cable.

So far you've downloaded Unlockbootloader, have switched USB debugging on, and your phone is connected to your PC.

Now run the .exe file you have just extracted. Click "Root" and let it do everything, it will prompt up with a few warnings saying don't use your keyboard because CMD is running.

Once the setup finishes, your phone should be rooted.

Head into the app drawer, and if you see "SuperUser" you're now officially rooted.

Reboot your phone to finalize the rooting and exploits.

Ok, now for the bootloader.

Once your phone is on, and connected again to the PC with debugging mode on, run the .exe file again and this time click "Unlock BootLoader".

Wait for it to do its job, once done reboot again and you now have a Stock Rooted and Bootloader unlocked ICS phone.
    If this Guide helped, don't hesitate to hit the thanks button.
    When I try and root my device is says "ROOT failure, please check the driver" what should I do?

Hi, assuming you have installed the g300 adb drivers, once the device is hanging on the boot logo and you connect the usb cable. You need to wait for windows to fully the load the adb driver before you use the unlockbootloader.exe program.
    krishneelg3

Thanks for that by b927* you are referring to a different version of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?
    where would i be able to get this from?

so this would give me the stock ics
    what is the advantage of then installing HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?

Thanks

Your on gingerbread so your baseband Is 109808 and if u flash any b934+ stock using the combinations say goodbye to your phone. I did that to my brothers and it bricked.

So to get to ice you must install b927 version of ics then your baseband will change to the new one *2030* now you can flash any b934+ stocks because you now have the new baseband.

Go to modaco and enter the G300 forums and look at the first dew pages all the info and guides you need. Procedure is simple.
    thanks for that

I did head over there after your first post but it was down and being impatient I thought I would hassle you!
    Its strange, having had about 4 HTC's myself My first call will always be XDA

thanks again
    Re: [GUIDE] Huawei Ascend G300 Rooting & Bootloader for Stock ICS

heya guys i am planing to install ICS rom on my huawei g300 i found a guide but i have a question , my phone was locked on Vip carrier and i unlocked it via IMEI codes will it lock when i flash the ICS ?

There are some reports of the cm10.1 ROM unlocking network Sim locked phones. Look it up on modaco g300 forum.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/360515-[JB]-[4.2.2]-CyanogenMod-10.1-[ROM]-[Last-updated:-16/02]

[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [Last updated: 16/02]

Sent from my Ascend G300 using xda app-developers app