[17/04][INDEX/GUIDE][JB][i9070/9070P] Everything related to JB can be found here!

Are you satisfied with the current stock JB ROM released by Samsung?

• Yeah, its great!

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Nope, it needs bug fixes and a lot of work!

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

ManiacShri

Nov 17, 2012
Mumbai
This thread is made to compile everything based on JB from flashing to rooting to general problems.
Let everyone experience Jellybean the way Google meant us to! To view anything, just click on the item name!

FOR GT-i9070

The first step to start off with JB is to flash stock Samsung XXLQB ROM. You can download this ROM from samsung-updates.com
Next is using the Windows software ODIN to flash the stock ROM. AFter this follow the steps in order to get a custom KERNEL adn then a custom ROM on your device ;)

1.Rooting

This is the only current root available for S Advance on Jellybean! all others are for GingerBread ! do not use them!!.
link:*
-> Root(credits: shaaan)
To flash this file root.zip , enter stock android recovery using Home + Power + Vol UP buttons together when the @Samsung Galaxy S Advance boot screen is shown. Then in recovery, select install from sdcard and select the file root.vip.
Your phone is now rooted! The next step is flashing a CUSTOM KERNEL to get a custom recovery on your device( CWM or TWRP)

2.Custom Recovery

-> Temporary CWM (shaaan)
-> Permanent CWM/TWRP are integrated in THUNDERZAP kernel(varun.chitre15), Siri Kernel (Adi_Pat) and CoCore-E (cocafe)!

3. JB Kernels

=>Notice: If you find it difficult to flash kernels, use this Terminal Kernel software for Windows!(credits: Chry_Gigio)
or you can use UNIVERSAL KERNEL FLASHER app by frapeti!

1) Sammy default kernel (credits:frapeti)!
2) Thunderzap Kernel (credits: varun.chitre15)
3) Siri Kernel (credits: Adi_Pat)
4) CoCore-E (credits: cocafe)
Note::CoCore-E is also flashable via recovery mode(CWM or TWRP)!
Now that you have a Custom Recovery on the phone,you can flash every existing custom ROM through it!

4.ROMs

=>Note: If you donot know how to flash Stock ROMS via ODIN, check out this TUTORIAL by shaaan.
Also, do not flash any other ROM other than STOCK Samsung through ODIN as it will increase the Binary Counter and cause unnecessary headache to reset it to zero!
Use CWM instead!
Now flashing via CWM/TWRP:
-> Enter recovery mode and select install from sdcard then select the zip file of the rom that you downloaded (if in CWM you can choose from internal and external sdcard) and select the file. The ROM will flash for an average of 5 mins.
-> After ROM has finished flashing, wipe data by factory reset and wipe cache.
Done!

You have successfully flashed a custom ROM!

1) Samsung official (credits: raneet for the tutorial)
2) CyanogenMod 10.1 [Alpha3] Build (credits: diego-ch)
3) Supressed JB (by achyut):
4) JellyMOD (by martin_carpio17)
5) Pure Vanilla(by ikaster17)
6) MIUI V4.1.2[in ALPHA] (by fedevd)
7) Chucky-Bean Master ROM: A ROM by non-xda chucky,for more info go here
8) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2206406"]GALAXPERIA(by achyut)
9) TURBOSTOCK (by panda00)
10)Windows Phone Project[BETA](by ikaster17)

5.Themes

=>Note: If you want to develop themes, here is the link to the deodexed ROM (credits:frapeti)
1) Advance Galaxy(by Koulis2000)
2) Jelly Theme(by joehanh88)
3) Status Bar and Notification MOD (credits:tahapapun)
4) Red Jelly UI MOD (credits:KINGbabasula)
5) Nexus Style Status bar
6) glow bean UI mod

6. Other Important Stuff!
1) Reset Binary Counter : -> Reset Binary Counter (credits:Shaaan)
--> Triangle Away by Chainfire! Its compatible with our phone now! ;)
If you want to check the counter, enter download mode by pressing vol down+home+power!

FOR GT-i9070P
the phone has just received JB.(thanks tap007 for informing)
Here's the direct hotfile link : www.hotfile.com/dl/203378855/8231dde/I9070PXXLPD_I9070PDBTLPD_DBT.zip.html

IF ANYTHING HERE IS INCORRECT, or i forgot anything, please tell me I will update it!!
This GUIDE is ONLY for threads and post related to JellyBean to help avoid confusion between what is meant for which version of the OS and to organise the JB THREADS! Suggestions to add new threads or sections in the guide are welcome!
I have put a good amount of effort into this so,if this helped u,
HIT THANKS! it will motivate me to keep regularly updating the post!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Shaaan

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2011
Mumbai
This is supposed to be in the general thread..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

atishey23

Apr 27, 2012
You are looking at it
Re: [INDEX][4.1.2][JB only]All of your doubts related to JB can be solved here!

I have installed nova launcher...but I cant put a weather widget on my screen....is it only applicable to TW5:(
Can any one suggest just the same widget which looks as stock.....

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is made to compile everything based on JB from flashing to rooting to general problems.
    Let everyone experience Jellybean the way Google meant us to! To view anything, just click on the item name!

FOR GT-i9070

The first step to start off with JB is to flash stock Samsung XXLQB ROM. You can download this ROM from samsung-updates.com
    Next is using the Windows software ODIN to flash the stock ROM. AFter this follow the steps in order to get a custom KERNEL adn then a custom ROM on your device ;)

1.Rooting

This is the only current root available for S Advance on Jellybean! all others are for GingerBread ! do not use them!!.
    link:*
    -> Root(credits: shaaan)
    To flash this file root.zip , enter stock android recovery using Home + Power + Vol UP buttons together when the @Samsung Galaxy S Advance boot screen is shown. Then in recovery, select install from sdcard and select the file root.vip.
    Your phone is now rooted! The next step is flashing a CUSTOM KERNEL to get a custom recovery on your device( CWM or TWRP)

2.Custom Recovery

-> Temporary CWM (shaaan)
    -> Permanent CWM/TWRP are integrated in THUNDERZAP kernel(varun.chitre15), Siri Kernel (Adi_Pat) and CoCore-E (cocafe)!

3. JB Kernels

=>Notice: If you find it difficult to flash kernels, use this Terminal Kernel software for Windows!(credits: Chry_Gigio)
    or you can use UNIVERSAL KERNEL FLASHER app by frapeti!

1) Sammy default kernel (credits:frapeti)!
    2) Thunderzap Kernel (credits: varun.chitre15)
    3) Siri Kernel (credits: Adi_Pat)
    4) CoCore-E (credits: cocafe)
    Note::CoCore-E is also flashable via recovery mode(CWM or TWRP)!
    Now that you have a Custom Recovery on the phone,you can flash every existing custom ROM through it!

4.ROMs

=>Note: If you donot know how to flash Stock ROMS via ODIN, check out this TUTORIAL by shaaan.
    Also, do not flash any other ROM other than STOCK Samsung through ODIN as it will increase the Binary Counter and cause unnecessary headache to reset it to zero!
    Use CWM instead!
    Now flashing via CWM/TWRP:
    -> Enter recovery mode and select install from sdcard then select the zip file of the rom that you downloaded (if in CWM you can choose from internal and external sdcard) and select the file. The ROM will flash for an average of 5 mins.
    -> After ROM has finished flashing, wipe data by factory reset and wipe cache.
    Done!

You have successfully flashed a custom ROM!

1) Samsung official (credits: raneet for the tutorial)
    2) CyanogenMod 10.1 [Alpha3] Build (credits: diego-ch)
    3) Supressed JB (by achyut):
    4) JellyMOD (by martin_carpio17)
    5) Pure Vanilla(by ikaster17)
    6) MIUI V4.1.2[in ALPHA] (by fedevd)
    7) Chucky-Bean Master ROM: A ROM by non-xda chucky,for more info go here
    8) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2206406"]GALAXPERIA(by achyut)
    9) TURBOSTOCK (by panda00)
    10)Windows Phone Project[BETA](by ikaster17)

5.Themes

=>Note: If you want to develop themes, here is the link to the deodexed ROM (credits:frapeti)
    1) Advance Galaxy(by Koulis2000)
    2) Jelly Theme(by joehanh88)
    3) Status Bar and Notification MOD (credits:tahapapun)
    4) Red Jelly UI MOD (credits:KINGbabasula)
    5) Nexus Style Status bar
    6) glow bean UI mod

6. Other Important Stuff!
    1) Reset Binary Counter : -> Reset Binary Counter (credits:Shaaan)
    --> Triangle Away by Chainfire! Its compatible with our phone now! ;)
    If you want to check the counter, enter download mode by pressing vol down+home+power!

FOR GT-i9070P
    the phone has just received JB.(thanks tap007 for informing)
    Here's the direct hotfile link : www.hotfile.com/dl/203378855/8231dde/I9070PXXLPD_I9070PDBTLPD_DBT.zip.html

IF ANYTHING HERE IS INCORRECT, or i forgot anything, please tell me I will update it!!
    This GUIDE is ONLY for threads and post related to JellyBean to help avoid confusion between what is meant for which version of the OS and to organise the JB THREADS! Suggestions to add new threads or sections in the guide are welcome!
    I have put a good amount of effort into this so,if this helped u,
    HIT THANKS! it will motivate me to keep regularly updating the post!
    Cheers!
    I think a clean JB index thread is a good thing but please keep it up to date.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
    Please search before you create a thread
    There is already a Index thread stickied at the top. Saw?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1945806
    :mad:

i know but its a jumble of info...its not even been updated.. this one is a bit more specific only for JB.
    One more thread ?
    Was this really needed ?

yep...there are people in the ur JB ROOT thread asking if it works for GB 2.3.6 :eek:
    helps if OS specific stuff is indexed
    If there was 10 threads like this, someone will post stupid question that there is answer allready...

atleast theyll know what stuff is compatible..n currently the JB posts r nt grouped.. hope this helps....