[APP]Note Buddy ***v2.8.1***(S Pen Helper)

Search This thread

CRudner

Apr 26, 2011
London
Re: [APP] SPen-Helper ***v0.33***

Great app, looking forward to watching the development of this app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

hotelier1984

Jul 31, 2012
Seems like the app sometimes crashes when S-note is opened in multiwindow view and S-Pen detached and reattached (my multiwindow is based on the Multiwindow Control mod in Omega rom). No big deal though, still this is a very useful tweak.. Thanks.

tushar9989

Apr 22, 2011
Mumbai
Seems like the app sometimes crashes when S-note is opened in multiwindow view and S-Pen detached and reattached (my multiwindow is based on the Multiwindow Control mod in Omega rom). No big deal though, still this is a very useful tweak.. Thanks.
I tried it multiple times doesn't crash for me. ... Can you tell me how to reproduce the bug? Btw I use the same multi window app from omega

ruk212

Mar 29, 2012

Works great 'perfect for what I use it for
Thanks for for the quick update :thumbup::)
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tushar9989

I'm really thnkful to the Dev, his app has solved my long problem of opening a particular snote file on every detachment of spen, instead of opening a new snote file which become unmanageable,
Though currently this app alone cant do this but his to do tasker plugin will easily do it, for the moment i have made a simple app which will do the work,it opens a particular spen file by the name evryday,
U can download it frm this forum
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175693,
Sry yesterday i dnt completed the post,

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Emptydroid

May 12, 2012
Hey, i wonder if this app works on PA? It would be a nice app to have if so. :cyclops:

Last edited:
Re: [APP] SPen-Helper ***v0.4***

Sry tushar left the post uncompleted as power cut r terrible here, i hv modified the previous post, n was saying that ur app cant open a particular s note file, but whith tasker plugin tht wil be possb, currently n for those not using tasker i hv made a simple app, check this forum
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175693
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium((l(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you don't like the TouchWiz launcher, but don't want to change to another launcher like Nova because you lose the S Pen/Headset detection and QuickBar feature that Samsung provides, then this application will help by filling that gap.

Free Version:

-Can be used by Tasker to detect the S Pen detachment/insertion.
    -Launches the Application/Shortcut chosen by you when the S Pen is detached/Headset is plugged in. (can be disabled)
    -Launches the Application/Shortcut chosen by you when the S Pen is attached/Headset is removed. (can be disabled)
    -Shows a Notification with custom text when the S Pen is detached/Headset is plugged in. (can be disabled)
    -During a call the auto launch for the S Pen is disabled so that it does not conflict with S-Memo auto-launch. (can be disabled)
    -Quick Bar of up to 3 Applications or Shortcuts in the Notification Bar.
    -Can select custom insert/detach sounds for the S Pen.
    -Up to 3 applications in the Application Shade
    -Auto-Launch blacklist of up to 1 application
    -Automatically lock phone when S Pen is inserted. Smart mode is also available in which phone is locked only if it was locked when S Pen was detached.
    -Notification icon's can be made transparent to make it look better on Note devices where the default notification cannot be disabled.

Premium Version:

-Application selected for auto-launch will close when S Pen is inserted/Headset is removed
    -Application Shade will be dismissed when S Pen is inserted/Headset is removed
    -Application Shades can be nested
    -Capacity of QuickBar will increase to 6
    -Application limits from the Application Shade and Blacklist will be lifted
    -Volume of the S Pen insert/detach sounds can be adjusted
    -Smart Launch mode will be available which allows you to select a seperate Application/Shortcut/Action to launch if the phone is locked
    -Ability to select an Icon Pack to be applied to all the icons of the Application Shade/Quick Bar

Download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tushar.spen_helper

Use in conjunction with this on CyanogenMod/AOKP/AOSP based ROMs.

Changelog:

v2.8.1
    -Fixed the Blacklist and Auto-close features on Lollipop. (Requires the Accessibility service to be enabled from the System Settings)
    -Added a separate Blacklist for the Button Features.
    -Added 3 new actions if you have the Add-on installed:
    *Simulate Back key
    *Take screenshot
    *Toggle Keyboard
    -Now uses the System default theme instead of Holo.
    -Minor UI improvements.

Older Versions

v2.7.1
    -Small UI change since the options were becoming confusing all in one place.
    -Added support for S Pen button events. You need the add-on to be able to respond to the S Pen button events: Single Press, Double Press and Long Press. Tested and working on Note 2, Note 3 and Note 10.1(Old). Please email me if you want to add support for your Note device. (REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS)

v2.6.1
    -Improved the sound selection system. You can now preview the sound file before selection and also set a default directory for any future selections.
    -Fixed a bug with the sound looping endlessly if a ringtone or alarm tone was selected for attach/detach

v2.5.1
    -Added License checking for Pro version users
    -Added attach S Pen/remove Headset actions
    -Added Afrikaans language support (Thanks to Johann Stassen)
    -Changed method of picking sound files
    -Fixed the icon's for some Themes being too large
    -Fixed the Application Shade close and select buttons being too small in Landscape mode

v2.4.1
    Pro Version:
    -Ability to select an Icon Pack to be applied to all the icons of the Application Shade/Quick Bar.

Free Version:
    -Translation support added. Spanish translation done by Tito Sanchez Esteso. If you want to help translate the application to your language please email me.
    -Moved the Application Shade from Actions to the main menu.
    -Fixed the icons having jagged edges/being blurred in the Application Shade.
    -Icons in the Application Shade can now be re-arranged by long pressing and then dropping it on the position you want to place it. To delete an item from the Shade pick it up and then drop it on the cross.
    -Added remove confirmation in the Application Shade.
    -Fixed the S Pen sounds triggering multiple times.
    -The music play/pause action now supports more Music Players.

v2.3.1
    New Pro version only feature:
    -Smart Launch mode will be available which allows you to select a seperate Application/Shortcut/Action to launch if the phone is locked

v2.2.0
    -Added a new Action : Lock Phone
    -Added auto lock when S Pen is inserted
    -Added Smart Lock mode for auto lock. Device will be locked only if it was locked when S Pen was detached.
    -Added option to make the notification icon's transparent for Note devices in which the default notification cannot be disabled.

v2.1.0
    -Added auto launch blacklist
    -Added a new action Open Website
    -Fixed a bug where the headset insert would get re triggered when the headset was attached for long

v2.0.0
    Please check my post for the change log

v1.8.0
    -Cleaned up the sound selection process a bit
    -Fixed a small bug

v1.7.1
    -Now automatically pauses music when headset is unplugged
    -Potential fix for the detach event firing multiple times
    -Now compatible with CyanogenMod too with the help of https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tushar.cmspen

v1.7
    -Fixed auto-close not working when call was active
    -Fixed a rare crash
    -Changed all the check boxes to switches
    -Can now switch between the tabs by swiping
    -Removed the feature of updating from within the application according to Google policy changes and therefore reduced the number of permissions required by the application
    -Made the size of applications appearing in the application selector uniform

v1.6
    -Increased QuickBar apps to 6
    -Removed the settings icon and label from the QuickBar notification, now clicking anywhere on the empty space on the right or left corner of the notification will take you to S Pen Helper
    -Changed the click effect of icons in the QuickBar
    -Now shows a progress dialog when loading your applications so you don't have to stare at a black screen
    -Changed the Home action icon and also modified the process of selecting the action a bit
    -A few other minor UI changes
    -Fixed a bug where if you tried to use the Tasker Plugin for S Pen detection without enabling it in the settings the app would crash
    -Added option to not disable the auto-launch during a call

v1.5
    -Insert/Detach sounds now play in the Notifications sound channel
    -Reduced the number of background services
    -Reworked the QuickBar a bit

v1.41
    -Crash fix.

v1.4
    -Fixed the settings page going back to the top when any checkbox was clicked.
    -Many UI changes.
    -Can now select auto-launch for the headset too.
    -Can now select an action,shortcut or application for the auto-launch or the QuickBar. There is only one action for now, going to the Home Page.
    -Streamlined the auto-closing of launched app a bit more.
    -Significantly reduced apk size.
    -Changed the headset and spen notification icons to the ones used by TouchWiz.
    -Fixed another crash.

v1.3
    -Can select custom insert/detach sounds now.

v1.23
    -Now also detects Bluetooth Headset
    -Fixed a few crashes
    -Fixed the Tasker profile not being triggered after some time

v1.22
    -Fixed the QuickBar becoming non-responsive on Orientation Change
    -Fixed the crashes that were happenening for some people(Hopefully)
    Sorry for too frequent updates this one will be a stable version

v1.21
    -Fixed the overlapping of QuickBar icons on Orientation Change
    -Fixed the crashes that were happenening for some people

v1.2
    -Implemented Headset quickbar
    -Implemented Headset notification
    -Fixed a small bug

v1.13
    -Added a bit of nagging for the Pro Version.

v1.12
    -Fixed a minor bug.

v1.11
    -The QuickBar looks more uniform now
    -The currently selected apps are now shown

v1.1
    -Implemented QuickBar in Notifications.

v1.0
    -Now appears as a Plugin in Tasker. :)

v0.5
    -Added check for updates feature.

v0.41
    -Can now choose the Text that will be shown in the Notification bar when Pen is detached
    -Now shows the current version of the application

v0.4
    -Changed Theme to Holo
    -Can disable Notification now
    -Can also disable the Services from running now

v0.33
    -Streamlined app closing process

v0.32
    -Does not conflict with the default S-Memo Launch during a call anymore.

v0.31
    -Now closes the Application launched once the pen is Inserted back in.
    -Toggle to enable/disable App Launch on removal of the Pen.

v0.3
    -Now shows a Notification for as long as S Pen remains detached(Goodbye TW :p)

v0.23
    -Runs in the Background even if the SPen-Helper app is closed.
    -Starts automatically at Startup

v0.22
    -Widgets and non-launchable apps no longer appear in App Selection

v0.21
    -Fixed Icon Size in App Selection
    -Now Sorts according to App Name

v0.2
    -Custom App Launch Support
    v2.3.1 out
    New Pro version only feature:
    v2.0.0 Changelog:
    -Changed name to Note Buddy and Icon. New icon is designed by Sergio Ejeda (Dibujor)

-Added more actions:
    • Play Music
    • Pause Music
    • Toggle Music
    • Application Shade (more about it ahead)
    Note: Stock Samsung player and Google Play Music have been tested by me

-Ability to remove items from the QuickBar and make slots empty

-Insert/Detach sounds volume control

-Reworked a lot of code which makes it easier for me to add more stuff in the future as well as makes the application more efficient. Please clear data for the application once before or after installing newer version. In-case you use this application with Tasker you will have to re create your profile and delete the old one.

-Fixed a bug where sound selection would not work unless the phone was restarted.

-Tweaked layout of application selector a bit as well as a few other minor UI tweaks.

-Application Shade:
    • Applications, shortcuts or actions can be added
    • Long pressing an item will delete it
    • Application shades can be nested
    • In case you want to use the same shade in two places just use the same name
    • Automatically dismissed when pen is inserted
    • Will add some theming options later like size of the shade background and icon later
    IMG_20130609_041831.JPG

Download

In case you are interested in beta testing please join this group and then download the beta version from here.

Please report back here or you can also email me or post on that group :)
    v0.33 out now..... streamlined the app closing process
    @daveid
    Try it out now I don't think it should happen anymore :)
    v0.4 out..... gonna integrate as a Tasker plugin in the next update