Froyo for kaiser, jit enabled and working out of the box wifi tethering!

Search This thread

urban69

Feb 25, 2009
Hi,
i've moddified a little froyo for kaiser (from http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715402), it includes working by default Superuser and WiFi Tethering, it has also enabled by default JIT.

Disabled bootanimation and removed unused apps like VoiceSearch.

Scripts that enables superuser and tethering are in /system/bin/fix{,-tether}.sh, modified /etc/wifi/loadit to store calibration on /data, not on sd card, and some minnor changes.

First boot takes much longer, cause no dexopt is used, so it has to dexopt all the apps.

Here you can find it here: http://avalanche.fail.pl/androidinstall.tar

Checksums:
8e252d202810133d60d630d949ab2bc3e7c4e0f249e5e1283be0a71311e8ed1b androidinstall.tar

wassermam

Jul 8, 2009
Great :)

I will try it right now

Why don´t you join forces with DZO and kallt_kaffe and implement this as default on Fresh Froyo version I think they would be pleased with this.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Just installed. Haven't noticed much difference. But then again, I don't know what JIT is and I am not doing wifi tethering, lol

SuperJMN

Mar 4, 2007
Ciudad Real
superjmn.wordpress.com
Hi,
i've moddified a little froyo for kaiser (from http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715402), it includes working by default Superuser and WiFi Tethering, it has also enabled by default JIT.

Disabled bootanimation and removed unused apps like VoiceSearch.

Scripts that enables superuser and tethering are in /system/bin/fix{,-tether}.sh, modified /etc/wifi/loadit to store calibration on /data, not on sd card, and some minnor changes.

First boot takes much longer, cause no dexopt is used, so it has to dexopt all the apps.

Here you can find it here: http://avalanche.fail.pl/androidinstall.tar

Checksums:
8e252d202810133d60d630d949ab2bc3e7c4e0f249e5e1283be0a71311e8ed1b androidinstall.tar

I'm going to try it! the question is why you don't contact dzo and kallt_kaffe to join efforts?

urban69

Feb 25, 2009
I'm going to try it! the question is why you don't contact dzo and kallt_kaffe to join efforts?
I want to try if this works for other, and then send patch do dzo.

tethering doesn't work for Polaris! ir says that it couldn't attach to the WiFi driver.
Can you connect it with usb cable, run adb logcat and provide the results?
I think its something easy to fix, maybe wrong path somewhere.

milanche

Jul 11, 2007
Bled
Tethering works on my Kaiser. Huray!! Really nice =))

One thing I noticed is that it doesn't allow me to set up a VPN channel thru this connection, but I can live with that.

Congrats for getting this to work man!

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
Is not working for me I get "ERROR" when I try to enable wifi
Just my 2 cents, even though your build is lighter than the others maybe you could have put out an androidupdate.zip to compliment the other builds. I am looking a little further into why I cannot enable wifi if I figure something out I will keep you posted.

bandur

Jun 27, 2008
So far so good

I have been testing your build all morning, so far so good. Stable and snappy!

Thanks for your effort,

urban69

Feb 25, 2009
One thing I noticed is that it doesn't allow me to set up a VPN channel thru this connection, but I can live with that.
Weird, i've used

Is not working for me I get "ERROR" when I try to enable wifi
Just my 2 cents, even though your build is lighter than the others maybe you could have put out an androidupdate.zip to compliment the other builds. I am looking a little further into why I cannot enable wifi if I figure something out I will keep you posted.
androidupdate will be nice, i'll post it little bit later.
For the wifi problem - connect to PC and show me whats going on logcat, so i can fix it.
You have tested wifi with froyo from kallt_kaffe?

SuperJMN

Mar 4, 2007
Ciudad Real
superjmn.wordpress.com
I want to try if this works for other, and then send patch do dzo.

Can you connect it with usb cable, run adb logcat and provide the results?
I think its something easy to fix, maybe wrong path somewhere.

If only I could connect it to adb... Lamentably, I don't know how to connect it under Windows 7 x64. adb devices doesn't show any entry. I don't know which drivers are compatible with my Polaris.

akmalxxx

May 17, 2010
been using it for 2 days, quite stable, market works fine, wifi excellent, my only prob is the camera looks a bit yellowish, but anyway it's the same with vaniljfroyo rl 2. :p

HTC tytn ii (130), running haret froyo (sd) alongside WM 6.5.3 ahmedfikry

Last edited:

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
I cannot connect to logcat, for some reason my adb drivers are all jacked up on my pc and I can't seem to get it straightened up without a complete wipe. I'm not going to sweat it too much since I will most likely be buying the captivate Sunday. But it would still be nice to get my kaiser as fully finctional as possible especially with this new feature.
I did replace your loadit file with the original from dzo's and then my wifi would turn on.

When I turn on the wireless tether app you included It will start now but gives errors under the wireless tether log I have
wlan.ko module OK
Config wifi interface (fw1251r1c.bin from /system/etc/wifi) - FAILED
Activating Wifi interface - Failed
and then the rest are OK
any advice

urban69

Feb 25, 2009
I cannot connect to logcat, for some reason my adb drivers are all jacked up on my pc and I can't seem to get it straightened up without a complete wipe. I'm not going to sweat it too much since I will most likely be buying the captivate Sunday. But it would still be nice to get my kaiser as fully finctional as possible especially with this new feature.
I did replace your loadit file with the original from dzo's and then my wifi would turn on.

When I turn on the wireless tether app you included It will start now but gives errors under the wireless tether log I have
wlan.ko module OK
Config wifi interface (fw1251r1c.bin from /system/etc/wifi) - FAILED
Activating Wifi interface - Failed
and then the rest are OK
any advice
Normal wifi are working? Try to enable wifi first, then try to tether if it wont works try to open terminal from dev tools, and do ls -lsha /data/calibration and provide the result to me.
Another thing you can do is command ./system/bin/fix-tether.sh from the same terminal.

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
the fix-tether.sh fixed it thanks. I should have known to try that but I just assumed that it was automatically run at boot and that was what had ultimately enabled users wireless tether. Sorry for the confusion.
I did do this before hand do a full reinstall again and enable wifi first I assume this is what creates the calibration file. After that it has been working.

Oh and just so you know about an hour ago my phone became unresponsive when I opened the keyboard to type a message. the only thing it would do is flip screen when I open and close keyboard and the function lights would light on the keyboard when depressed

Last edited:

mkulakov

Aug 29, 2006
Hi,

thanks you very match for this froyo release, it's work fine on my kaiser with only one small, but major for me problem: you delete russian language from keyboard layout.

can i to add russian layout back to original froyo keyboard ?

Michael

urban69

Feb 25, 2009
the fix-tether.sh fixed it thanks. I should have known to try that but I just assumed that it was automatically run at boot and that was what had ultimately enabled users wireless tether. Sorry for the confusion.
I did do this before hand do a full reinstall again and enable wifi first I assume this is what creates the calibration file. After that it has been working.

Oh and just so you know about an hour ago my phone became unresponsive when I opened the keyboard to type a message. the only thing it would do is flip screen when I open and close keyboard and the function lights would light on the keyboard when depressed
The fix-tether.sh should be runned when enabling tethering, its weird that it wont run, i'll add more tries to run it in the sysinit.rc.

The unresponsive problem is something with orginal froyo for kaiser, i'm not a kernel developer to try to fix it. ;)

thanks you very match for this froyo release, it's work fine on my kaiser with only one small, but major for me problem: you delete russian language from keyboard layout.

can i to add russian layout back to original froyo keyboard ?
Michael

Later i'll add the androidupdate to enable tethering and su in any rom, with any of this stuff ;)

Top Liked Posts