[Q] S health problems

Search This thread

husky88

May 26, 2013
NYC
I get the "Unfortunately, S health has stopped." error after I agree to the privacy policy. How can I fix it?

Screenshot of where it crashes

I recently uninstalled updates for S health because I kept getting update prompts when I started or used my camera. The update prompt issue was solved by uninstalling S health updates but now S health no longer works. Camera functionality is of higher importance than S health, but I'd like both working.

I have tried clearing data/cache for S Health, restarting several times. I tried download a separate apk from the forums for S health and S health services to no avail. I have all Samsung services running and there doesn't seem to be a reason for this failure. I'd like to run the original launch version of S health (not updated) since that's what's crashing the camera. What crappy QA work by Samsung.. jeez.

Last edited:

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I get the "Unfortunately, S health has stopped." error after I agree to the privacy policy. How can I fix it?

I recently uninstalled updates for S health because I kept getting update prompts when I started or used my camera. The update prompt issue was solved by uninstalling S health updates but now S health no longer works. Camera functionality is of higher importance than S health, but I'd like both working.

I have tried clearing data/cache for S Health, restarting several times. I tried download a separate apk from the forums for S health and S health services to no avail. I have all Samsung services running and there doesn't seem to be a reason for this failure. I'd like to run the original launch version of S health (not updated) since that's what's crashing the camera. What crappy QA work by Samsung.. jeez.

This happened to me during camera use of the stock camera and snapchat. It was asking for updates everytime the camera loaded. If I hit "later" if would force close. If I hit "update" it would force close. It got to the point where it was constantly force closing and I had to awkwardly navigate to the app manager to disable in between FC notifications. After I disabled it the phone rebooted, but things were fine after that. The next day I enabled it again and it acted like I was starting it for the first time. It works now, but I have no clue why any of that was happening.

husky88

May 26, 2013
NYC
I've tried disabling s health, enabling, reboot.

I've also tried disabling, reboot, enabling.

Still crashing. This must be happening to others. I feel I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to cause the bug on camera start, same as you. You were just lucky enough to react to the problem differently and get a fix by disabling the app and restarting whereas I uninstalled updates.

G

GuestK00202

How do you get this error? Does this happen when launching the app from a widget or from the app draw itself?

What is the list of apps you have turned off?

I just tried to replicate your issue and I am not having any issues.

Try the following in this order:

- Go to your application manager

- Scroll over to "ALL"

- Find S Health

- Clear cache then clear data

- Then choose "Force stop"

- Right after choosing "force stop" go to the app draw and start the application.

I was able to UN-install the updates and clear all data and cache without running into any issues. Application came right back up ready for set-up. If the problem persists, then please show a list of all the apps you have turned off.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Try to re install the app that you are using.

Firstly - No one takes advice from a troll.

Second - S Health is a pre-installed application (meaning it cannot be UN-installed / RE-installed)

Third - You've been reported once again.