JB.......Horray

Search This thread

jimbob_sf

Jul 16, 2010
San Rafael, CA
update failed. Red triangle over body. it's a week old, 30 firmware, still locked. was rooted.

gonna unroot and try again.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

ewells38

Nov 14, 2008
Last edited:

Turel

Dec 3, 2010
Santiago
Downloading, i'm in Chile but my infinity was bought in the US.
Hope that all my games keep working after the update.

kosmarnik

Jan 8, 2009
How did you keep the root access?
I got the US version, and have regular SuperSU and OTA rootkeeper installed. Don't want to lose root.

theWHITE1

May 7, 2010
Miami
confirmed

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349097345919.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349097345919.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 817

fatpandas

Mar 30, 2009
update failed. Red triangle over body. it's a week old, 30 firmware, still locked. was rooted.

gonna unroot and try again.

keep us updated! going to temp-unroot? basically just want to know if we're able to carry root over to JB.

jimbob_sf

Jul 16, 2010
San Rafael, CA
after the fail, it says no update is available. I'm going to return it to best buy today. I'm not going to waste my life on the phone with Asus. I've been working with roms since the OG and for a locked device I expect a working upgrade. Not upset at all.

ewells38

Nov 14, 2008
How did you keep the root access?
I got the US version, and have regular SuperSU and OTA rootkeeper installed. Don't want to lose root.

I awaiting for the community to post that exact information, as I don't want to lose root either, I'm sure someone will post their findings and steps to retain or re-gain root shortly....

Treggs

Aug 9, 2010
I awaiting for the community to post that exact information, as I don't want to lose root either, I'm sure someone will post their findings and steps to retain or re-gain root shortly....

I had Voodoo root keeper installed and Root was protected before install. Just successfully restored root. :good:

Jelly Beanz are very noticeably smoother. Project butter is clearly working well.

Reactions: fatpandas

czerdrill

May 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So the questions that need to be answered:

1) can you restore root with voodoo after the install
2) do rooted users get the update failed just like the last fw?
3) can rooted users just flash the dpkgfile like last time if it does fail?

TIA!

fatpandas

Mar 30, 2009
after the fail, it says no update is available. I'm going to return it to best buy today. I'm not going to waste my life on the phone with Asus. I've been working with roms since the OG and for a locked device I expect a working upgrade. Not upset at all.

um. was it go to CMClient and DMclient, clear data and retry? I seem to recall that was the process to get the update again.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

I had Voodoo root keeper installed and Root was protected before install. Just successfully restored root. :good:

Jelly Beanz are very noticeably smoother. Project butter is clearly working well.

exactly what i wanted to hear!! thanks!

Top Liked Posts