[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][d2SPR] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

Re-Raze

Apr 3, 2014
Data but no calls?

Hello Im running pac_d2spr_LP-MR1.Official_20160427-195513.zip and I cant seem to activate service
I can use the network for data but when making calls it says "your account could not be validated"
Anyone have a solution?

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Hello Im running pac_d2spr_LP-MR1.Official_20160427-195513.zip and I cant seem to activate service
I can use the network for data but when making calls it says "your account could not be validated"
Anyone have a solution?
Make a nandroid backup, flash a Touchwiz ROM, and activate your phone. Then restore your backup.

IWSJX5e.jpg

Reactions: Re-Raze

clearchris

Dec 21, 2014
Are you sure you don't have the triband? (Model ends in t. Sph-l710t)

You have to check behind your battery.

Also, this project is dead. After the disbanding of PAC the d2 maintainers (john and myself) have moved to Team Octos. I have left this thread up in case someone has a specific reason they need an M build, but all others should probably be on something a bit more recent.

Re-Raze

Apr 3, 2014

Also, this project is dead. After the disbanding of PAC the d2 maintainers (john and myself) have moved to Team Octos. I have left this thread up in case someone has a specific reason they need an M build, but all others should probably be on something a bit more recent.

Hi. the model number on the phone is SPH-L710. i may need a different rom besides wicked x for a touchwiz rom because it ALWAYS boot loops. flash nd8 . still just the boot animation. Any would you happen to have a link to another touchwiz rom? sorry for the hassle since im just going to abandon the rom as soon as I get the service fixed

clearchris

Dec 21, 2014
Hi. the model number on the phone is SPH-L710. i may need a different rom besides wicked x for a touchwiz rom because it ALWAYS boot loops. flash nd8 . still just the boot animation. Any would you happen to have a link to another touchwiz rom? sorry for the hassle since im just going to abandon the rom as soon as I get the service fixed

Any stockrom will be touchwiz.

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)

when coming from any rom after lollipop, going to kitkat, you have to wipe internal storage as well as data.

Reactions: bilgerryan

orcecso

Aug 18, 2015
reup pls

may i ask kindly for any person who can reup this rom for me? even though its old i would love to have it

clearchris

Dec 21, 2014
may i ask kindly for any person who can reup this rom for me? even though its old i would love to have it

I thought I might have had the build environment still, but no, it's gone. You might be able to rebuild it from github if you really want it. Otherwise, check out the build for TeamOctos, it's where pretty much all of PAC-ROM moved to after Konami shut us down.

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9

do you have any recommended reads for learning how to compile from source code? Ive been wanting to get my hands wet for a while but have always been afraid of getting into a situation where i am lost from the very beginning and get super frustrated. Thanks in advance man

clearchris

Dec 21, 2014
do you have any recommended reads for learning how to compile from source code? Ive been wanting to get my hands wet for a while but have always been afraid of getting into a situation where i am lost from the very beginning and get super frustrated. Thanks in advance man

You need a linux box first. Then go here and follow the instructions at the bottom of the linked page. I'd like to say that it's super easy, but there's a lot to learn all at once when you are starting. You are going to feel compeletely clueless, and that's normal. I'm a programmer, and it was rough to start, the code base is huge, complicated and interrelated. But once you get going, it's not too bad...

https://github.com/Team-OctOS/platform_manifest

If people really want to run with this, PM me your gmail address and I'll add you to the hangouts s3 testing group. There's me, some other devs and some testers left from the old days.

Last edited:

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
You need a linux box first. Then go here and follow the instructions at the bottom of the linked page. I'd like to say that it's super easy, but there's a lot to learn all at once when you are starting. You are going to feel compeletely clueless, and that's normal. I'm a programmer, and it was rough to start, the code base is huge, complicated and interrelated. But once you get going, it's not too bad...

https://github.com/Team-OctOS/platform_manifest

If people really want to run with this, PM me your gmail address and I'll add you to the hangouts s3 testing group. There's me, some other devs and some testers left from the old days.

thanks for the words of encouragement man, not even joking. 2 of my computers are set up to tri-boot. 1 linux partition and 2 windows, so i should be good instead of using linux box, right? Or should i use the vm from within windows? im pretty sure i still have virtualbox on one of my computers from a previous instance i was tinkering with something. I only say this to say that im not 100% unfamiliar with it by any stretch, but am an obvious beginner at coding

clearchris

Dec 21, 2014
thanks for the words of encouragement man, not even joking. 2 of my computers are set up to tri-boot. 1 linux partition and 2 windows, so i should be good instead of using linux box, right? Or should i use the vm from within windows? im pretty sure i still have virtualbox on one of my computers from a previous instance i was tinkering with something. I only say this to say that im not 100% unfamiliar with it by any stretch, but am an obvious beginner at coding

A multiboot machine is fine. I would avoid running linux in a vm just because unless you are running a very recent machine, it's going to take a while to compile. IIRC, it would take 4-8 hours for a clean build on my admittedly old laptop with (i7) m640 cpu, 8g ram and SSD. And there is a point in there that will require 8G ram to finish. If you look at my tagline, I tended to just run my builds overnight because they take so long...

Most of the devs / maintainers I know didn't start out as coders, I'm unusual that way. Either way you need a double dose of sheer determination. That said, there's a lot of things you will run into that someone who has been there before could tell you what is wrong so you don't spend hours or days troubleshooting something that could be solved quickly. There's plenty of work to be done, zero reason to have you spinning your wheels on already solved issues.

PM me your gmail, I'll add you to the chat. We'll bootstrap you as best we can.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][d2SPR] PAC-ROM LP MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Man - Sprint, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-02
    [ROM][D2SPR][4.1.2][05DEC2012]PAC-man V18.0.0 | All-In-One | PA-2.55 | AOKP-M1 | CM10

Original OP
    Just got the OK from kbizzle and am honored to be taking over as the maintainer or the PAC man ROM. It will be run as a team LOTK rom and I will be setting everything up on my desktop tonight and hopefully have a build up and running in the next few days for you guys.

XDA Moderator
    I will be taking over this thread when I release the next build. Thanks for the bug reports. The kernel will get updated with this update to remove the wake lock. The 3g to lte handoff has been fixed on the latest nightly and I will be putting fix into the update. I got my github setup last night for the vendor files. I've gotta pull and new stuff over and add in my fixes and will build soon. Need some time to look into bugs but keep them coming cause the more bugs reported the more I can try to fix.

XDA Moderator
    Just got the OK from kbizzle and am honored to be taking over as the maintainer or the PAC man ROM. It will be run as a team LOTK rom and I will be setting everything up on my desktop tonight and hopefully have a build up and running in the next few days for you guys.

XDA Moderator

Thanks papa. I'll provide all my resources and info to him. You all will be well taken care of.

Thank you again to all supporters. It's been an awesome ride! :D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2