[APP] One Click Lag Fix APK - 2.0 (UNSUPPORTED development halted)

Search This thread

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB
OneClickLagFixV2PLUS inside the app is currently in RELEASE status. It has been tested on a fairly enormous number of devices without issue.

This is an APK (Normal Android App) that will install an EXT2 lag fix for you.

The APK itself can support a number of different lag fixes. It currently has the old OCLF V1 fix, which uses symlinks, and it now also has a new V2 fix which uses bind mounts.

This is in a new thead, as the old thread is very very long, and this is now version 2.

New features of the OCLF2+ lagfix vs OCLF1+

- Bind mounts are faster and require less O/S overhead than symlinks, making this fix smoother in everyday use.
- The bind mount allows for Android to report the correct free space available.
- If something goes wrong at boot, and the bind mount does not initialize, you will boot up to a copy of your data from before the lagfix was applied. This makes V2 safer than V1. (copying /system/bin/playlogosnow onto /system/bin/playlogos1 will effectively restore your device to how it was before you applied the lagfix. There is also an undo option, which will copy all of your changed data back to RFS before restoring.)

- As a bonus, an option to set the wifi screen off timeout is included.

How to use this:

Copy over the APK file onto your phone, and run/install it as normal using 'My Files'. There will be a 'One Click Lag Fix' app installed. Run that, and select the option you want!

The app will automatically kill all running tasks, and enable flight mode. You should probably not use the device while the lag fix is running. If you accidentally hit back or home by mistake, re-enter the app and re-select the lag fix. It should still be running.

Known issues in 2.0.0

Some devices with heavy carrier customization cannot install EXT2 Tools. Fix should be in the next version, if possible.

On Froyo (Android 2.2) this lag fix will refuse to install if the apps2sd feature is in use. The error you will see if Apps2SD is in use on installation will be that the loopback cannot be mounted.
Workaround: In order to install the lagfix on froyo, you will need to set each app that is on the external SD back to regular. Once the lagfix is installed, you can move apps back to the SD.
Fix should be included in the next version, if possible.

If you use up more space inside the EXT2 than is available outside the EXT2, you will have to remove apps/delete data until you have enough space to copy your data back when you want to uninstall. To help avoid this, don't set the space bar all the way on the far right.

Supported Devices And Firmwares

Root support is available for:
- I9000 Galaxy S on Android 2.1
- Captivate on Android 2.1
- Vibrant on Android 2.1
Other devices / Android versions will have to use a different method to root

Lagfix support is available for:
- I9000 Galaxy S on All Firmwares
- Captivate on All Firmwares
- Vibrant on All Firmwares
- Fascinate on All Firmwares

2.0.1 - 2.0.4 Changelog

- Fixed WifiTimeout option to work on Froyo
- Fix for OCLFV1 undo.
- Sync is called before bind-mounting, to ensure no data is lost.
- Fix for APPS2SD error (loopback can't be linked error)

2.0.5 Changelog

- Fixed WifiTimeout to work on strange firmwares without a system.system

2.1.0, 2.1.1Changelog

+ Lagfix V2+ has been updated to V2.1+ which features enhanced data security
In order to install it, you must first undo V2 using the option, and then install V2.1+ as usual
- Fixed WifiTimeout to now correctly require EXT2 Tools
- Fixed Cleanup option to now correctly clean up the V2 lagfix as well as V1
- EXT2 Tools will now remount /system as read-write
- Changelog included in app for market users

2.1.2 Changelog

- Fixed 'Restore Bootlogo' option to work correctly when V2 lagfix is installed.
- Fixed 'Restore Bootlogo' option to restore the froyo bootlogo if running froyo.

2.2.3 Changelog

+ Lagfix updated to V2.2+ which contains:
- Fix for new Vibrant, and I9000 JJ1 firmware.
- Fix for the timezone issue.
~ To Install V2.2+, use the undo V2 function, and then re-do with V2.2+
+ Kernel Installer (ALPHA) that allows you to easily flash a kernel to your device

2.2.4 Changelog

- Fix for menu->help button opening kernels page.
- Minfree now shows current settings
- Set scheduler now shows current settings
- Set scheduler now has an option to apply tweaks from hardcore on XDA forums
- Text cleanup
- Fix for occasional crash on fetching kernel manifest

2.2.8 Changelog

- Galaxy Tab Support
- Fix for installing with APPS2SD active
- Fix for set-on-boot for minfree and scheduler/tweaks

2.3.0 Changelog

- Bug fixes for occasional 'Broken Pipe', as well as related failure to copy boot up scripts.
- z4root option added, which opens the market to the z4root app.
- update.zip root option now downloads update.zip instead of having it included.
- Fix for typo in cleanup option, it should now work correctly

Rooting Froyo

Froyo's recovery mode is locked down, so you can't root it from your device.
However, you can use this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Donations

Since a lot of people have been asking, I set up a paypal account and got a donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
Feel free to donate if you want, but I'm happy if you don't donate too. :)

Attachments

• OCLF.2.3.0.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 118,892
Last edited:

ed10000

Jun 9, 2010
Damn! Just when I decided to try out the stock firmware without any lagfixes. :-| Guess I have no choice but to succumb to your awesomeness now.

Will make a backup of data on my internal memory (just in case) and give this a shot on my brand new JM8 now :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB
Hang on, looks like it has a bug! I did a clean firmware flash, and its just giving a 'disabled' message, because it seems to be erroring on trying to find /dbdata/ext2data/

I'll have a 2.0.1 up within a few minutes with the fix. Sorry! I need a QA department! ;)

Reactions: dukemist

Steephig

Jul 15, 2010
Good work!

Do we need to uninstall APK v1 before using this APK?
I guess yes, but you never know.

Thanks

dupel

Jun 2, 2010
London
Is this the app version of "voodoo" fix only with ext2 (the one you started testing earlier in different topic) or its old virtual file method?

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB
Hang on, looks like it has a bug! I did a clean firmware flash, and its just giving a 'disabled' message, because it seems to be erroring on trying to find /dbdata/ext2data/

I'll have a 2.0.1 up within a few minutes with the fix. Sorry! I need a QA department! ;)

2.0.1 is up in the first post. If you downloaded 2.0.0 and noticed that it didn't work, grab that one. :)

Good work!

Do we need to uninstall APK v1 before using this APK?
I guess yes, but you never know.

Thanks

You don't need to uninstall APK v1 first. It will overwrite it.
V1 lagfix will need to be uninstalled first, but the uninstall can be done by either V1 or V2 APKs. :)

Is this the app version of "voodoo" fix only with ext2 (the one you started testing earlier in different topic) or its old virtual file method?

Virtual file method, but better.

Steephig

Jul 15, 2010
You don't need to uninstall APK v1 first. It will overwrite it.
V1 lagfix will need to be uninstalled first, but the uninstall can be done by either V1 or V2 APKs. :)

I phrased my question a bit weird, what I meant to say was if the v1 lagfix should be uninstalled, but you gave the answer anyway. :)

Nifty!

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB
Can I try it this in 2.2 JPH?

Thanks...

It was deved this evening now, completely in JPH. So yeah, JPH works. If anything else works is unknown! ;)

Also, the wifi timeout option does not work in 2.2, only in 2.1 Android. I'll put the fix up with whatever other bugs people find in a bit.

DocRambone

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
Got an error (running XXJPH):
"Could not link loopback device /dev/loop0 to /dbdata/rtssdata/ext2/linux.ex2! loseup: /dev/loop0"

mazsuper

Jul 15, 2010
Damm i chose to upgrade the app from 1.6.7 but there are no install options am i missing something ? when i open the app no options to install anything

wifi timeout defo not working on 2.2 JPH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OneClickLagFixV2PLUS inside the app is currently in RELEASE status. It has been tested on a fairly enormous number of devices without issue.

This is an APK (Normal Android App) that will install an EXT2 lag fix for you.

The APK itself can support a number of different lag fixes. It currently has the old OCLF V1 fix, which uses symlinks, and it now also has a new V2 fix which uses bind mounts.

This is in a new thead, as the old thread is very very long, and this is now version 2.

New features of the OCLF2+ lagfix vs OCLF1+

- Bind mounts are faster and require less O/S overhead than symlinks, making this fix smoother in everyday use.
    - The bind mount allows for Android to report the correct free space available.
    - If something goes wrong at boot, and the bind mount does not initialize, you will boot up to a copy of your data from before the lagfix was applied. This makes V2 safer than V1. (copying /system/bin/playlogosnow onto /system/bin/playlogos1 will effectively restore your device to how it was before you applied the lagfix. There is also an undo option, which will copy all of your changed data back to RFS before restoring.)

- As a bonus, an option to set the wifi screen off timeout is included.

How to use this:

Copy over the APK file onto your phone, and run/install it as normal using 'My Files'. There will be a 'One Click Lag Fix' app installed. Run that, and select the option you want!

The app will automatically kill all running tasks, and enable flight mode. You should probably not use the device while the lag fix is running. If you accidentally hit back or home by mistake, re-enter the app and re-select the lag fix. It should still be running.

Known issues in 2.0.0

Some devices with heavy carrier customization cannot install EXT2 Tools. Fix should be in the next version, if possible.

On Froyo (Android 2.2) this lag fix will refuse to install if the apps2sd feature is in use. The error you will see if Apps2SD is in use on installation will be that the loopback cannot be mounted.
    Workaround: In order to install the lagfix on froyo, you will need to set each app that is on the external SD back to regular. Once the lagfix is installed, you can move apps back to the SD.
    Fix should be included in the next version, if possible.

If you use up more space inside the EXT2 than is available outside the EXT2, you will have to remove apps/delete data until you have enough space to copy your data back when you want to uninstall. To help avoid this, don't set the space bar all the way on the far right.

Supported Devices And Firmwares

Root support is available for:
    - I9000 Galaxy S on Android 2.1
    - Captivate on Android 2.1
    - Vibrant on Android 2.1
    Other devices / Android versions will have to use a different method to root

Lagfix support is available for:
    - I9000 Galaxy S on All Firmwares
    - Captivate on All Firmwares
    - Vibrant on All Firmwares
    - Fascinate on All Firmwares

2.0.1 - 2.0.4 Changelog

- Fixed WifiTimeout option to work on Froyo
    - Fix for OCLFV1 undo.
    - Sync is called before bind-mounting, to ensure no data is lost.
    - Fix for APPS2SD error (loopback can't be linked error)

2.0.5 Changelog

- Fixed WifiTimeout to work on strange firmwares without a system.system

2.1.0, 2.1.1Changelog

+ Lagfix V2+ has been updated to V2.1+ which features enhanced data security
    In order to install it, you must first undo V2 using the option, and then install V2.1+ as usual
    - Fixed WifiTimeout to now correctly require EXT2 Tools
    - Fixed Cleanup option to now correctly clean up the V2 lagfix as well as V1
    - EXT2 Tools will now remount /system as read-write
    - Changelog included in app for market users

2.1.2 Changelog

- Fixed 'Restore Bootlogo' option to work correctly when V2 lagfix is installed.
    - Fixed 'Restore Bootlogo' option to restore the froyo bootlogo if running froyo.

2.2.3 Changelog

+ Lagfix updated to V2.2+ which contains:
    - Fix for new Vibrant, and I9000 JJ1 firmware.
    - Fix for the timezone issue.
    ~ To Install V2.2+, use the undo V2 function, and then re-do with V2.2+
    + Kernel Installer (ALPHA) that allows you to easily flash a kernel to your device

2.2.4 Changelog

- Fix for menu->help button opening kernels page.
    - Minfree now shows current settings
    - Set scheduler now shows current settings
    - Set scheduler now has an option to apply tweaks from hardcore on XDA forums
    - Text cleanup
    - Fix for occasional crash on fetching kernel manifest

2.2.8 Changelog

- Galaxy Tab Support
    - Fix for installing with APPS2SD active
    - Fix for set-on-boot for minfree and scheduler/tweaks

2.3.0 Changelog

- Bug fixes for occasional 'Broken Pipe', as well as related failure to copy boot up scripts.
    - z4root option added, which opens the market to the z4root app.
    - update.zip root option now downloads update.zip instead of having it included.
    - Fix for typo in cleanup option, it should now work correctly

Rooting Froyo

Froyo's recovery mode is locked down, so you can't root it from your device.
    However, you can use this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Donations

Since a lot of people have been asking, I set up a paypal account and got a donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    Feel free to donate if you want, but I'm happy if you don't donate too. :)
    Just wondering, does anyone have a solution to this?
    I have a galaxy using froyo and rooted with SuperOneClickv1.5.5-ShortFuse.

Issues with options not being available resolved by rebooting the phone (turning it off and on for that one person who posted how do do that :) ).

Resolved this issue: "When I try to install OCLF2.2+, it failed on moving the playlogos1 file." by doing the following.

Used Autokiller memory optimizer from the market (the processes and services tab) to kill all processes and services other then system proesses (apps I had installed) and voila....installed OCLF.
    Full source code under the GPL is available from http://code.google.com/p/oclf/
    Nice work! Will test it soon!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
    Should I use this app if I use Darky's 9.3 Beta 2 ROM? Is the lag fixed on all his ROM?

DamianGto, when you said use other method instead of OCLF, what is the methods that you're referring to?

Cheers.

Yeah darky has it in his rom. Use darky rom configurator available in market. 2 selection of lagfix u can choose from. Voodoo n speedmod.

Sent from my GT-I9000