Earphone sound quality

Search This thread

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
This is also exactly my experience unfortunately :(

My previous phone was the one x with beats audio + headphones, I'm now using the beats headphones with the Z2 and the bass leaves so much to be desired... I've tried all the settings to no avail, as mentioned above the bass specific setting seems to lower mediums and highs instead of pumping bass.

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

There are some audio hacks out there that rely on root, so providing you ate either able unlock your bootloader and root or an exploit is found so you can root, then you might have some luck yet!

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app

Solidswede

Aug 15, 2010
I agree on the BAD quality sound of these earphones. Just quickly compared with a pair of cheap skullcandy in ears I bought for 25 bucks at an airport and they sounded much better. I'll be trying a tad bigger sets of rubber on the earphones tonight to see if I can get a better sound from them. Changing the different NC settings on the phone didn't make any difference at all.

This was the first impression yesterday. I'll be re-testing everything tonight. I used the Walkman app with no sound effects on except for the NC stuff.

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
I set bass to +7 and made concert surround. It sounds much better than just plug it in and noise canceling does allot.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk

Solidswede

Aug 15, 2010
I agree on the BAD quality sound of these earphones. Just quickly compared with a pair of cheap skullcandy in ears I bought for 25 bucks at an airport and they sounded much better. I'll be trying a tad bigger sets of rubber on the earphones tonight to see if I can get a better sound from them. Changing the different NC settings on the phone didn't make any difference at all.

This was the first impression yesterday. I'll be re-testing everything tonight. I used the Walkman app with no sound effects on except for the NC stuff.

Actually upon changing rubber to a bigger size made a HUGE difference. Now I have loads of bass, treble and Noise canceling works great. Don't forget to change rubber so it fits your ears! Pretty impressive although still lacking detail in music. It's a bit muddy...

Last edited:

crótach

Sep 20, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
I have to say these are the best headphones I ever got bundled with a phone, and the first time that the bundled set had decent sound.

For more enjoyable listening experience I still use BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro, but I don't want to lug those around with me all the time.

Top Liked Posts