GPS OTA Fix Coming

Search This thread

abezapata

Jul 3, 2010
Davis, CA
I really hope this gets fixed. I am keeping the phone for sure as I have already invested in accessories and the like, but I do not want to be reminded my phone is crippled every time I decide to use navigation or anything involving GPS. In the meantime I have applied GPS fixes found in the forums and have found them to be very helpful. I just want a fix from Samsung.

mongstradamus

Jul 28, 2010
i had an weird issue with gps recently i used to never get a lock with my gps , was messing around with it last night, and was getting lock within 5 seconds and was accurate within 15 feet which is pretty good for me. Never usually get that. On my old iphone it would be off way off

derek4484

Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, SC
I've yet to see them explicitly say they are working on a fix. You may be refering to a diff twitter post, but here's the only twitter post I'm aware of: https://twitter.com/Samsungservice/status/19861814931

It seems like they are being extremely careful to avoid admitting there is a problem. Everything I've seen so far only states that they are aware that GPS is not working as well as some people would like, not that GPS has an actual problem.

As far as Samsung tech support actually saying a patch is on the way, I seriously doubt this as well. I've talked to their L3 support many times and its painfully obvious that they have been well trained to not say anything that even remotely sounds like an admission of a defect. (They arent really technical either, which is sad for a group bearing the title Level 3 Tech Support. Out of curiosity, has anybody ever talked to L2 there?)

I've talked to ATT many times as well and amazingly neither the phone stores nor their technical phone support ever know anything about this problem.

Add it all up and either the problem is extremely isolated (yeah right) or they are trying really hard to pretend the problem doesnt exist. The only reason I can think of for a huge company to do that is if they know the've got a problem that cant be fixed and they are hoping the typical wont notice. At least that's what Apple attempted their non-patchable problem.

Yes, thats the one I saw. What part of "To those inquiring about GPS on Captivate or Vibrant, R&D is working hard on this. Thanks for your patience. We'll tweet new info here.^Leah" do you interpret as not working on a fix. To me, "...R&D is working hard on this..." means they are working hard on a fix.