ROLL UP STICKY: Currently Unlocked Bootloader, S-Off and Perm Root

Search This thread

keolawills

Apr 27, 2011
Lake Tahoe
I need to flash ruu and from what I understand I'll lose my jb_hboot in the process. Does anyone know if the one in the OP is the latest? There are many versions floating around, including 3 Rezound ICS jb_hboots on the official site, but I can't tell which is the most recent

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

2.21 and 2.25 are ICS and 2.11 is GB. 2.25 is the latest.

Reactions: rsage

dalvear88

Dec 19, 2011
Does anyone happen to have a working download for GB RUU 2.XXXX in .Zip format? I'm on ICS, but want to step back to GB, Take the OTA, and Start from Scratch. I've searched all over and so far all the .zip Ruu's that i find dont work or dont exist anymore. only able to find 1 .exe.....

Mar 23, 2011
Is everything in this thread still valid?

I am getting the HTC Rezound soon and I want to make sure I am following the latest and best guides to getting unlocked, s-off and perm root.

Thanks for all the support.

Last edited:

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Is everything in this thread still valid?

I am getting the HTC Rezound soon and I want to make sure I am following the latest and best guides to getting unlocked, s-off and perm root.

Thanks for all the support.

Most of it is still pertinent EXCEPT for rooting the stock rom. For root, just need to unlock, flash a custom recovery, flash the latest CWM SuperSU. Then inside the rom, download a busybox installer and run through it. That will then get you the prerequisite for s-off preparation.

Mar 23, 2011
When you say "That will then get you the prerequisite for s-off preparation.", it means after that I just need to run the executable from juopunutbear website and do the wire trick?

Mar 23, 2011
Yup, you will then have the stock rooted rom it asks for.

I am only concerned about rooting the phone because here is what it says on ControlBear's website:

"Verify - You are on Stock RUU (not FreshROM, Stock Rooted, HarmonyROM - none of these will work!)"

If I got S-Off first and then flashed the recovery, then I could go directly to flashing ROMs, right?

Tidewater

Aug 30, 2012
OnePlus 11
I am only concerned about rooting the phone because here is what it says on ControlBear's website:

"Verify - You are on Stock RUU (not FreshROM, Stock Rooted, HarmonyROM - none of these will work!)"

If I got S-Off first and then flashed the recovery, then I could go directly to flashing ROMs, right?

Just from recent experience, dropped my rez and cracked the screen, I did the s-off procedure with a non rooted factory rezound and had no issues. Only had to unlock the boot loader through htcdev website first. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't say anything about being rooted in the juopunutbear instructions.

Sent from my Neo-ified Rezound using Tapatalk 2

mjolnir677

Sep 18, 2010
Richmond

DISCLAIMER

Useful Threads:

RUU Files:

Other Useful Files:

The RUU file links are dead. Does anyone still have these? Perhaps you could put them up somewhere for download? Can't find RUU in zip format anywhere

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

The RUU file links are dead. Does anyone still have these? Perhaps you could put them up somewhere for download? Can't find RUU in zip format anywhere

Nevermind, found a way to get them:

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1721784&d=1360624545

Reactions: Spyke562

Spyke562

Mar 14, 2011
You may have to search the threads and dig around. I found this link but as you said they are not on zip form. I was afraid to run these RUNs.

I have been trying to go back to stock be cause all the ROMa I have tied have some kind of issue. I know they don't do this full timr and all but I would think some would try and finish the work. I would recommemd leaving ur rezound alone haha.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2094412
HTC Vigor (HTC Rezound) Shipped Roms (RUUs)

from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

ahoslc

Mar 30, 2010
salt lake city
Hey guys I am S-Off with Old Team Venom 1.0.3 Rom and CWM I am looking to switch over to Liquid Smooth 2.9. Can I just do wipe/factory reset and flash that Rom? Or do I need to update any kind of files first?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DISCLAIMER
    I am not responsible for what you do with your phone. If you flash something that you shouldn't have, or do something you wish you didn't, and tell me that it is my fault, I will laugh. It isn't my fault if you are fired because your phone bricked, or if your girlfriend breaks up with you because you couldn't text back. If you don't know what to do, ASK!! That's the purpose of this thread.

Useful Threads:

Back to S-On (From S-Off): Scotty1223's Thread

Guide to Unlock Bootloader from HTCDev: Nightwings' Thread

HTC Misctool: Drellisdee's Thread

Network Bootlooping Fix: Jayochs' Thread

Rezound All-In-One Toolkit: Hasoon2000's Thread

Rezound Rom/Mod/Tool/Guide/Recovery/Kernel/Utility List: Xjedi's Thread

S-Off FAQ: Luis86dr's Thread

S-Off Instructions List: Graymonkey44's Thread

S-Off ONLY! Flashing Splash Screens in Recovery!: Con247's Thread

RUU Files:
    FOR THE ZIP FILES, NAME TO PH98IMG.ZIP AND PUT ON SDCARD. THEN FLASH IN HBOOT.

1.02.605.6 Gingerbread EXE RUU: Goo.im's RUU

1.02.605.6 Gingerbread ZIP RUU: Goo.im's RUU

2.01.605.11 Gingerbread EXE RUU: Goo.im's RUU

2.01.605.11 Gingerbread ZIP RUU: Goo.im's RUU

3.11.605.22 Ice Cream Sandwich ZIP RUU: My File, Goo.im's Hosting

3.13.605.7 Ice Cream Sandwich ZIP RUU: My File, Goo.im's Hosting

3.14.605.5 Ice Cream Sandwich ZIP RUU: My File, Goo.im's Hosting

Other Useful Files:
    ENG HBOOT for 2.11 Users: Con247's File, Jcase's HBOOT

JuopunutBear Patched 2.11 HBOOT: Unlimited.io's File

JuopunutBear Patched 2.21 HBOOT: Unlimited.io's File
    To those complaining about S-OFF.

Your decision to buy this phone does not fall on the backs of the devs who are working on rooting it. You are actually only annoying them and making their hobby less enjoyable. This isn't a car ride to the grand canyon and noone wants to hear you ask "are we there yet" a thousand times.

Sure we all want what you're asking, and we even want you to participate in this forum, but please remember that developers are human beings contributing their own free time and owe you absolutely nothing.

Impatient nervous whining will always drive away talented devs. Please show some respect and try not to let that happen here.
    So unless I missed something, why is there so much talk about jumping ship when the Rezound is almost as open as it can be?

to me, and as well this is not an attack, rather stating my opinion, its that the longer S-On persists with no S-off in sight, it feels like I paid to be restricted, when I could be paying to be 100% free elsewhere on the same network. Yes I can wifi tether, and sure I can freeze my bloat but its the principle to me. Do I want to change my boot ani and splash? The answer is irrelevant, because I cant, and that slightly irks me.

That being said, HTC's device quality surpasses samsungs every time. I'm 80% sure or better that I'll be sticking it out. The 20% is the stubborn german in me that says "fck restriction."
    Don't know why, perhaps because I like tilting at windmills, perhaps because I like the bully pulpit social media can provide, but I went on htcusa's wall and protested the locked-down Rezound. Scolded them for poor last quarter figures (like they really care what some flashaholic east coast lawyer has to say) and told them they had an opportunity with the issues with the other phones (Razr and its SIM card; Nexus and its lack of Google wallet).

I also mentioned that I could understand if they were waiting for ICS to unlock the bootloader, but at the very least they could TELL US what they're doing.

Yeah, glad I got that off my chest. Got a response akin to "thank you for sharing."
    also could put the instructions for flashing amonra's recovery image via fastboot in there too :)

Yeah Ill do that too

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App