Nook Color Won't Turn On

Search This thread

JustisLewis

Feb 18, 2011
So I got my Nook Color a couple of days ago. I've been using CM7 off the SD card, but when I just went to turn it on nothing happens. I took the SD card out, still a no go. I even tried using a cwm from sd card thing, nada. The Nook doesn't turn on at all. any ideas?

k8108

Jun 27, 2010
Try plugging in the nook and leaving it for a little while. Sometimes that helps it reset itself.

ruthienu

Nov 11, 2008
Try holding down both the power and the nook button simultaneously for awhile untill it reboots sounds like the sod (sleep of death) hit you. Google it!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

inportb

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 29, 2008
inportb.com
Have you tried rebooting your Nook? Hold the power button for 10 seconds or so, then release it and hold it again for a couple of seconds until the screen flashes white.

JustisLewis

Feb 18, 2011
I just left it alone for a while and when I picked it up a few hours later it came on. It happened again today, I turned off the screen for a minute, went to turn it back on a and nothing happened. Just a black screen. Interestingly, it was still running though, because when I hit the volume keys the tone sounded. I just held down the power button till it turned off and then turned it back on and it booted right up. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm now running CM7 from internal memory, so its not just instability from running it from SD

Last edited:

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
I just left it alone for a while and when I picked it up a few hours later it came on. It happened again today, I turned off the screen for a minute, went to turn it back on a and nothing happened. Just a black screen. Interestingly, it was still running though, because when I hit the volume keys the tone sounded. I just held down the power button till it turned off and then turned it back on and it booted right up. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm now running CM7 from internal memory, so its not just instability from running it from SD

Read the other posts its called Sleep of Death

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
I was under the impression that in sleep of death the nook is inoperable, ie the volume keys wouldn't work. Is that inaccurate?

No, for some odd reason sometimes you can hear sound and the volume keys will work. Nothing else will.

To fix SoD: set up two profiles in tasker. One for wifi off when screen is off and one for wifi on with screen on.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: L2_n19h7m4r3

caferacer73

Jul 2, 2011
Glad I came across this thread. I updated my ROM to CM7.1 earlier this week and have been enjoying it. Came home today and couldn't get my nook color to turn on. Was starting to panic that it had died. Thankfully it was the SoD and I got it back on.

Thanks for the quick tips on how to get it back up and running.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was under the impression that in sleep of death the nook is inoperable, ie the volume keys wouldn't work. Is that inaccurate?

No, for some odd reason sometimes you can hear sound and the volume keys will work. Nothing else will.

To fix SoD: set up two profiles in tasker. One for wifi off when screen is off and one for wifi on with screen on.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk