WiFi problem

Search This thread

anonymous724

Feb 25, 2013
Deathrow
Hi, on my moto g the WiFi won't turn on. The bar goes across for literally half a second and it won't turn on. Stock UK KitKat, no root or anything changed. 3g works fine. I only switched to tesco mobile a couple of days ago (phone bought from tesco on contract). Any help?
I already factory reset it.

markuzmx

Aug 2, 2013
I'm having the same issue

Hi, on my moto g the WiFi won't turn on. The bar goes across for literally half a second and it won't turn on. Stock UK KitKat, no root or anything changed. 3g works fine. I only switched to tesco mobile a couple of days ago (phone bought from tesco on contract). Any help?
I already factory reset it.

I'm having the same issue with the stock Motorola for Telcel (I bought this phone from Telcel), I've installed the Google Play edition rom.

pacorrop

Feb 1, 2011
I had this issue when I was installing several ROMs until I decided one. And if I'm honest, I don't know why this happened, nor what I did to 'fix'it.

I wondered that it was because of a bad ROM flashing, but if you have not even unlocked the bootloader... I don't know what to tell you.

Sorry

Stefano Pech

Jun 22, 2013
Como
Hi guys,

i've a Moto G 16 Gb purchased on Amazon.De, so german phone. I live in italy and when i connect to wi fi no problem. When i go in switzerland and i try to connect to another wi fi net (my girlfriend's line) provided by Swisscom, it doesn't work: well, i insert passoword, but it cant connect ... i called Swisscom, they tried to reset router and so on , but still persist this problem. The person (swiss) that sells me the phone (i bought it as used) said that he has the swiss provider Cablecom and it didn't have any problem. I'm fully stock with 4.4.2 . Anyone has any idea? thank you

ps: with my galaxy s3 i have no problem both in italy and in switzerland :)

enrique097

Oct 29, 2013
Did you manage to fix it

Hi guys,

i've a Moto G 16 Gb purchased on Amazon.De, so german phone. I live in italy and when i connect to wi fi no problem. When i go in switzerland and i try to connect to another wi fi net (my girlfriend's line) provided by Swisscom, it doesn't work: well, i insert passoword, but it cant connect ... i called Swisscom, they tried to reset router and so on , but still persist this problem. The person (swiss) that sells me the phone (i bought it as used) said that he has the swiss provider Cablecom and it didn't have any problem. I'm fully stock with 4.4.2 . Anyone has any idea? thank you

ps: with my galaxy s3 i have no problem both in italy and in switzerland :)

Hi there.
Did you manage to fix it? I have the same problem. Uk and Ecuador.

Rodrimax

Jan 4, 2014
A probable solution

I have the same problem, i have find a ton of solutions but none have worked for me

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
I had this problem only when i used faux kernel. But then i realized i did not copy the modules folder properly.
Maybe a bit off topic. But just to mention.