Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS AN ALPHA BUILD. THERE WILL BE BUGS. PLEASE NOTE THIS BEFORE FLASHING

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

Kernel source code is availible at toastcfh's github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Evo 3D (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install twrp or Clockwork Recovery(You MUST be NAND unlocked!)
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
4. WIPE
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between Bumblebee, cretin45, defer, kmobs, myself, and the rest of the CM team.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

KNOWN ISSUES:
- bluetooth working! but car stereo mode is borked
- nextflix has a security issue
- wimax broken for now
- taking 3d images and video not working
- 3d pictures (mpo, jps, ect) do not display in 3d
- FFC takes pics upside down

LINK TO DOWNLOAD ALPHA ROM 3

md5sum: 3b69f0bba4f03c79e27a3d887d543606

Last edited:

-shift-

Jun 29, 2010
If you're new to flashing AOSP, you must flash the ROM zip in the OP first, and then the zip for Google Apps, linked below:

Google Apps

This post will be updated accordingly with more info as it develops.

Massive thanks to Snipa & s0up for goo.inside.me hosting.

==================

Please Note:

• Do NOT ask for ETAs please, your inquiries will be ignored :)
  • Do NOT flash Sense kernels (such as netarchy's Silverneedle) over this build as it is not compatible.
  • This is NOT a kang build as Toast is an official CM Dev ;)
  • FIXED - Toast knows about the battery bug. It's a kernel issue. Relax. It'll get fixed. See toast's response.

Last edited:

bdoople

Jul 23, 2010
918fcbf6-981a-4750-86bb-ae453da1364d.jpg

Great to hear!

jayharper08

Retired Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Jan 7, 2008
The Dirty
Yes sir! It is on son!!

Toast, thank you for everything you do behind the scenes sir. You are..... Wait for it...... Awesome.

7c7aefc4-a9c5-4791-9231-6b4402ac1864.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lexusmike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS AN ALPHA BUILD. THERE WILL BE BUGS. PLEASE NOTE THIS BEFORE FLASHING

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

Kernel source code is availible at toastcfh's github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Evo 3D (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install twrp or Clockwork Recovery(You MUST be NAND unlocked!)
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between Bumblebee, cretin45, defer, kmobs, myself, and the rest of the CM team.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - bluetooth working! but car stereo mode is borked
    - nextflix has a security issue
    - wimax broken for now
    - taking 3d images and video not working
    - 3d pictures (mpo, jps, ect) do not display in 3d
    - FFC takes pics upside down

LINK TO DOWNLOAD ALPHA ROM 3

md5sum: 3b69f0bba4f03c79e27a3d887d543606
    If you're new to flashing AOSP, you must flash the ROM zip in the OP first, and then the zip for Google Apps, linked below:

Google Apps

This post will be updated accordingly with more info as it develops.

Massive thanks to Snipa & s0up for goo.inside.me hosting.

==================

Please Note:

• Do NOT ask for ETAs please, your inquiries will be ignored :)
    • Do NOT flash Sense kernels (such as netarchy's Silverneedle) over this build as it is not compatible.
    • This is NOT a kang build as Toast is an official CM Dev ;)
    • FIXED - Toast knows about the battery bug. It's a kernel issue. Relax. It'll get fixed. See toast's response.
    ok guys a little progress made this last week. i was able to record a 3d video with the cam. looks pretty good so far. needs some work still. really wanna get the still frame pictures finished up. and working. was a bit of a pita getting the video cam to work correctly but im getting there. WIP FTW lol. anyhow just an update. hope to get another build out soonerish with some fixes in it! hanx for the support guys and gals
    ok closing the thread.
    Running it now..awesome. Native 3d video plays fine. Movies like Avatar don't seem to.

Sent from my E3D.

on this note:

it seems not all movies carry the flag for 3d. like in sense some movies would auto 3d display but others i had to choose to play it in 3d. i think this is of the same issue. its wip for sure. just getting 3d alone on movies with the flag was a pita. but yeah in time ill get it i believe.

battery issue is due to me just updating the kernel yesterday and today i didnt get much time to toy with it. bt is borked for the same reason. but i had to get the new kernel in. some of the major updates in the mr update was new panels (looks like htc decided to go with another vendor (for those interested its a novatec panel)) and a new camera (htc seems to have gone with a set of qualcomm cams (cheaper?)). that said i didnt want those with the new hardware left out ;p

on another note it seems that htcs unlocking sux and can pose issues.

home button not working? maybe try to reboot.

again its a wip and ill be looking into all of these issues.

last note:

thanx for the support guys and gals!