[How To] Reset your phone in order to return to Verizon(Updated 12/11/2012)

Search This thread

nojak

Jul 17, 2012
Revert to Stock from 4.3 Non-OTA

Hi All,

I have an unlocked bootloader and currently have CleanROM 8.1 (Android 4.3). I have MF1 firmware and the latest modem. Can I just flash the 4.3 stock from Odin to get back to everything being stock (I know this locks my bootloader as well), or do I need to start from an earlier version and then take the OTA update for 4.3?

Thanks for any help!

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Hi All,

I have an unlocked bootloader and currently have CleanROM 8.1 (Android 4.3). I have MF1 firmware and the latest modem. Can I just flash the 4.3 stock from Odin to get back to everything being stock (I know this locks my bootloader as well), or do I need to start from an earlier version and then take the OTA update for 4.3?

Thanks for any help!

Either method produces the same result.

Reactions: nojak

Wildarc

Apr 13, 2013
I just the stock rom back on my phone because i qualify for versions edge program but my flash counter is triggered. I don't have the money at the moment to purchase a reset app. Does anyone know of a way for free to reset the counter?

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
I just the stock rom back on my phone because i qualify for versions edge program but my flash counter is triggered. I don't have the money at the moment to purchase a reset app. Does anyone know of a way for free to reset the counter?

Its been a long time and I never wanted to use that app but I think the store app is for donation. There should be the "free" link somewhere On the interwebs.

Rakunvar

Dec 6, 2011
Hmm, so just kinda breezed through everything without issue, havent installed a Rom in quite awhile. Now that I went with the stock 4.3 so I can do a warranty replacement my download screen seems weird, and I want to make sure I didnt miss something...

Custom Binary is:No
Current Binary: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable

Now these were new.

Warranty Bit:0
Bootloader RP SWREV: 1

^ Are these two meaning anything in particular? Looking around the forums atm as well, but figured I should ask. I cannot recall my previous versions of anything or I would've posted them Thanks in advance

wrigbone

Nov 21, 2011
Denver
I'm going to be doing this in the next month or so to sell my phone. Probably when/if they push the Kitkat update. I used Triangle Away and it looks like it worked...
Counter: 0
Binary: Official
Device: SCH-I535
System: Official

However it still says Device status "Modified" under About Phone. Will this change back to default after flashing the stock rooted image?

Also @ SlimSnoopOS "Either method produces the same result." from your reply to the above post asking if he should use the 4.3 stock or an earlier version and OTA up...which is the preferred method, or what would you do? Are the OTAs like installing an upgrade as opposed to a fresh install of the full OS???

Thanks!

Aphole

Jun 1, 2014
yes because the stock odin package has the secure aboot.img. the relock function on the ez unlock app is pointless. the only time the bootloader should be locked is when flashing back to stock.

I keep getting a message that reads SIM CARD PERMANENTLY BLOCKED... a nice user on cyanogenmod told me I have abad ESN...

Now what? wheres a guide to reset esn? and offtopic... can someone spill the beans of one of the roms that leave carrier credentials like Bodafone so I can get Data?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53503862

original ignored thread ^ :(

Last edited:

nickjensz

Oct 27, 2012
I'm currently on a rooted AOSP 4.4 Rom, but would like to get back to stock 4.4.2 . Does any know of the easiest way to get back to stock 4.4.2?

rhcreed

Feb 14, 2012
Staatsburg
Looking to upgrade my phone.. Using cm11.. Rooted and unlocked.. Do they really check the phones they take back for upgrades?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

MisfitsTimmy

May 2, 2010
Montgomery, AL
I'm on Hyperdrive ROM that is 4.1.2. I want to get back to total stock. Can I just install a stock ROM using Odin, or do I need to do something else. I want to be able to get OTA's again.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I'm on Hyperdrive ROM that is 4.1.2. I want to get back to total stock. Can I just install a stock ROM using Odin, or do I need to do something else. I want to be able to get OTA's again.

Yes you could indeed go back to stock. You would have to unroot to take the OTAs, I'll be honest though I highly advise against it as your limited to only a few roms and you'll permanently lock your bootloader

Sent from my Nexus 5

ChiefIlliniwek5

Dec 21, 2011
Does this method still apply for people on running CM11 based on the 4.4.2 bootloader? Could I just flash the stock 4.4.2 image via odin and everything will go back to stock?

sam008

Feb 14, 2009
Guys

To use my phone on pageplus, Ihe phone had to be forced to 3g. Does this process basically undo that as well?

Thanks

Joshatdot

Jul 6, 2016
Anacortes
I want to Odin factory full wipe my SCH-i535. It came with 4.4.2 NE1. I found a FW from Samsung-Updates [VZW-I535VRUDNE1-20140626142723.zip], but the links were not working. I googled the filename and found it. But Samsung-Updates does not have MD5/SHA1 hash checksums, so I don't know if what I downloaded is 100% legit.

I also found one here on XDA [ALL_VZW_I535VRUDNE1_I535VZWDNE1_1542239_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5.7z], I don't remember what post/thread it was on, but it also doesn't have a hash checksum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A lot of people have been starting new threads asking how to reset their phone to stock in order to return it to Verizon with all their modifications undetected. It's really simple and easy to do.

This is to remove any ROM you've installed, un-root and re-lock your bootloader. I'll also post a link to reset your flash counter if you've tripped it.

Basically I'm just going to post a few links to guides that are already here.

-First is to backup:

Backup literally everything on your phone and external sd card just to be safe. Just imagine that if you lost your phone what you would've wanted backed up. (I'm not saying you're going to mess up your phone, just that the internal sd card will be wiped clean. Pics, settings, videos, etc... all wiped off the internal card. Backup up your ext is just to have your bases 100% covered, none of this process actually uses your ext card. You can just remove it if you'd like also.

-Second, Check your Flash counter:

More than likely unless you've been flashing custom stuff through Odin you haven't tripped it. In otherwords if you haven't used Odin or just rooted your phone using Odin and then flashed everything else in CWM or TWRP, you haven't tripped it.

To check your flash counter you need to enter download mode - 'Vol down+Home button+Power button'

You will need to be in download mode for the next step anyways, so just doublecheck the counter first.

If you have tripped it, use this app from the play store Triangle Away

-Third is to flash the stock rooted image via Odin:(This image version will re-lock your bootloader and un root you)
    Go to section #5 of this Guide and follow the instructions. Use the UN rooted official version and Just to clarify, there is really only ONE option to choose if you plan on returning your phone to Verizon.(Official VRALG1 4.0.4)

(Shortcut to the file if you are familiar and already have Odin, Here)

-Lastly, perform a wipe via recovery just for safety's sake:
    Hold 'Volume up+Home button+Power' from your phone being power off. And do this BEFORE you boot up the stock version otherwise you could get stuck in a bootloop and have to do a battery pull.

It's that simple and this will leave your phone in an "out of the box" state therefor safe to return to Verizon without them catching on.
    so can I flash backwards to 4.1.1 ? Things are different without rsd

You can flash to any stock image (doesn't matter what version) using odin.

Yes, you should be able to. What's "rsd"?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I assume hes talking about rsd lite, which is kind of like odin to flash images to phones.
    Thread cleaned of troll arguments and profanity.

There shall also be no discussion, or intimation, of fraud in these threads - ever.

Last warning in here, troll at your own peril from here on out.
    It does? I'll remove the re locking part then.

yes because the stock odin package has the secure aboot.img. the relock function on the ez unlock app is pointless. the only time the bootloader should be locked is when flashing back to stock.
    If its unlocked it goes quick and if its locked it take a few seconds, right?

Tap'n

Correct.

@shojus: When it is unlocked it literally just flashes on and off the screen before going to the boot animation. When locked you can see it for a couple/three or so seconds before the boot animation.