Suitable Tripod & Clamp for Galaxy Note?

Search This thread

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Normal clamps open to accommodate the 'Width' of the phone not the depth.
I couldn't make it out with this clamp but are you saying it is held by clamping the depth of the phone. If so surely that would mean clamping the back of the phone to the glass front?

I mean come one dude did you even click the link and check it out? Here is how it works ...

a693631d-fe1a-271b.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I mean come one dude did you even click the link and check it out? Here is how it works ...

a693631d-fe1a-271b.jpg

Of course I did but I couldn't believe it actually clips to the glass...
As this clamps to the front and back of the phone as opposed to the sides which all other clamps do, I would like to see exactly how it will not cause too much stress on the glass and also how you can effectively mount it...
If mounted at the bottom you can't access any of the buttons and if mounted at the side then how do you orientate it to take a portrait shot.

pepeto2001

Nov 23, 2006

a693631d-fe1a-271b.jpg

I've one of these for my note, it fits ok, but the problem is that it seems to press the screen too much, so it begins to respond erratically.

It's not bad at all, but I'll search for another option for using my note with tripod...

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I've one of these for my note, it fits ok, but the problem is that it seems to press the screen too much, so it begins to respond erratically.

It's not bad at all, but I'll search for another option for using my note with tripod...

Thanks.... That was my concern. You have answered it perfectly.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I have some pictures with my GN and the iTrek. Hope you guys can get a better idea. Sometime indeed touches the screen but I find that is not affecting the shooting.

my tripod is broken so I cannot shoot with the tripod mount but you get the idea.

https://plus.google.com/photos/110649489900640004354/albums/5716638079849991985
Thank you Antonio.
I notice you have on your GN a Case and it looks like the bevelled edge of the case is not helping to hold the device securely enough to the GN.
I am also rather concerned when you have the clamp on the bottom of the GN. It is preventing you from accessing the Menu button (or any other botton if placed any other place on the bottom).

I personally would rather go for a clamp that holds the GN by it's outer edges not the front and back.
1. It should hold the GN more securely.
2. It won't cause any stress on the glass.
3. It won't prevent access to any of the bottons at the base of the GN.

Reactions: antonioeram

antonioeram

Jul 29, 2007
Bucharest
Hi.

I have a SZLF case. indeed when is clamped with the iTrek the phone is a little bit inclined but it can be corrected with the help of the tripod. I don't find it to problematic.

The way I use this is to shoot presentations and conferences. Basically I hit record and that's about it. No need for menu button or anything. else.

it is very secure. I mean super very secure. the way it holds the phone. better than any suction or similar. and what I like is its universality. I can add a tablet or a slim camera. with the same device. kind of cool

no stress on glass unless you really want to screw it like crazy. i am adding an additional layer of soft rubber. this will compensate the edge as well

I told you about buttons. you can also shoot on landscape. and you are safe :

hope I have answered to all your questions...

let me know.
best

Reactions: Beards

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Hi.

I have a SZLF case. indeed when is clamped with the iTrek the phone is a little bit inclined but it can be corrected with the help of the tripod. I don't find it to problematic.

The way I use this is to shoot presentations and conferences. Basically I hit record and that's about it. No need for menu button or anything. else.

it is very secure. I mean super very secure. the way it holds the phone. better than any suction or similar. and what I like is its universality. I can add a tablet or a slim camera. with the same device. kind of cool

no stress on glass unless you really want to screw it like crazy. i am adding an additional layer of soft rubber. this will compensate the edge as well

I told you about buttons. you can also shoot on landscape. and you are safe :

hope I have answered to all your questions...

let me know.
best

Many thanks for the updated information. Most welcoming addition.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Just had a bit more digging....... Has anyone come across the 'Glif Tripod Mount & Stand'?
71wUQ1c-IeL._AA1500_.jpg

It is advertised for the iPhone4 & 4s but seeing as both are slightly thicker than the Note I'm wondering if the Note could be used in the 'slide it in' method.

Reactions: PaulVulcan

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Looks good but the slots are a fixed size for the iPhone. So being our phone is thinner maybe with the right case or some added foam and it would work?

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Looks good but the slots are a fixed size for the iPhone. So being our phone is thinner maybe with the right case or some added foam and it would work?

That is exactly what I was thinking.... Insert the phone and use a small soft wedge running along the base (a pencil maybe). You could then for added safety put an elastic band underneath the clamp and over the Note to hold it firmly in place.

Reactions: PaulVulcan

kbm

Dec 8, 2008
The Glif was created by two enthusiastic iPhone users under Studio Neat , and have 3 related products

Sadly, i can imagine they won't be producing anyhting other than iPhone stuff. I've emailed them asking if a note version is avliable (or a univeral mount), but looks unlikely. Looks ideal though, they even have it attached to a gorilla pod.

So a work around is the best option.

Just checked the stats though; the iphone 4s is 9.3mm thick, the Note 9.7mm so it wont fit? :confused: (the mount for iPhone is design to fit without a case too).

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Another potential winner?..

Capta Stick it, lean it, wrap it mount for smartphones.

It works with some non permenant adhesive that can be reused. there is a load of videos on the website (cant view them myself at the moment; work firewall ;)) Looks good though, has good potential.

Love this shot - it must be strong to stick it over a bath....:eek:

Last edited:

kbm

Dec 8, 2008
Here is a email response i got;

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us - We truly appreciate it!

The note looks like a brilliant phone :). Regarding the size that would not be a problem for Capta but I have to take a look at what the material on the back is made from. I will try to get one today and see if I can put it through the Capta tests. If I am successful in getting my hands on one I will furnish you with pictures and possibly video.

Please be patient and I will get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks and have a great day. Cheers!!

p.s Here is a link where we tested Capta with the Galaxy nexus

http://youtu.be/pND9JTrM5Vo

I replied that the Note has the same plastic cover as the Nexus and S2. So as long as the extra width doesnt make a difference - this could be a great solution.

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Capta looks fuc**** amazing. I wanna know how they came up with that adhesive. I see its washable so i wonder what lifespan it carries?

Price seems a but much but i could see it being realistic for what it does.

Edit. Also checked adorama and that's weird it says unavailable, should be end of January???

Last edited:

kbm

Dec 8, 2008
ask and ye shall receive...

Update from the guys on Capta; I asked if they would be happy to demo the Note and the capta....and they did. :D

(very) Short video
http://youtu.be/IMio-YIH1SI

They mentioned that to show how strong the pad is they did not need to attach the whole pad. Its seems the size of the Note is no problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,
    Just to let you all know I have just received a P.M. from Adewale one of the Capta designers.
    Things are moving along. We have one seller holding them in stock and the UK company whom I contacted has now themselves been in contact with the designers who in turn have shipped a few back to the UK company for testing.
    Further, I have been given details of someone else in the UK seller whom I will be emailing tomorrow.
    Here below is Adewale's latest message to me.
    Don't get confused with the two Mark's mentioned, they are from different addresses. The first is Mark Scotton of the UK company B. Hague.co.uk whom I have been acting as liaison, hoping he would stock the Capta in the UK.
    The second Mark is someone Adewale knows in the UK whom again I will be contacting.

Good day Beards,

Thanks as always for you time and support for Capta - We truly appreciate it!

Mark already contacted us and we have shipped him a couple of samples already for their review - Thank you very much for the connection. We have already sent out products to Adorama so they will be available there shortly.

Meanwhile one of our backers on kickstarter who purchased quite a few already has them onsale on his site - http://bitemyapple.myshopify.com/ - Perhaps he might have a good deal regarding shipping costs.

We have also shipped a quantity to Mark in the UK and e should have them in about 5 days or so. His name is Mark Smith and his email is ************@******.*** perhaps you can shoot him an email? I believe he is in Middlesex.

I hope all this helps. Either way anyone interested in getting one would be able to get their hands on them one way or the other :)

Let me know if we can be off help in any other way. Cheers!!

P.S we just added a "how to use Capta video" at our website www.udsproducts.com
    Guys,
    Just to keep you in the loop...
    I've received a further of messages from Adewale of Capta and things are moving along nicely.
    It looks like we may have a seller in the UK soon so that should benefit our UL members.
    I have also asked for a list of all other sellers outside of the UK.

Finally I shall be receiving a Capta for testing.
    As soon as I receive it I shall test it thoroughly and let you all know my findings.

Got to say I am getting a little excited in finally being able to have my Galaxy Note connected to my Joby Gorillapod and hanging from a tree branch shooting Time-Lapse photography.

a693631d-fe1a-271b.jpg

Guys,
    I have just received a P.M. from one of the designers of the Capta and he may be posting on here later.
    If not I'll keep you all informed.

Beards