Root - noobquestions

Search This thread

EAPOCS

Aug 23, 2008
Hello, so to anyone that is offenced by these beginner questions, feel free to ignore it.

1.Does Frameroot really only works up until Android 4.2? If yes, are the new Android versions really totally foolproof so that an exploit is definitely impossible to make use of?

2.Is Android 4.3 really worth it or should one stay with 4.2? Stock 4.4 is really uncertain

3.Odin does work with 4.3 but flashing it might lead to bricks, breaking your efs partition and what not.
I assume there aren't better alternatives?

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Hello, so to anyone that is offenced by these beginner questions, feel free to ignore it.

1.Does Frameroot really only works up until Android 4.2? If yes, are the new Android versions really totally foolproof so that an exploit is definitely impossible to make use of?

2.Is Android 4.3 really worth it or should one stay with 4.2? Stock 4.4 is really uncertain

3.Odin does work with 4.3 but flashing it might lead to bricks, breaking your efs partition and what not.
I assume there aren't better alternatives?

1. Framaroot does work. But not sure until what version.
2. Theres rly not much difference in 4.2 and 4.3. 4.4 is kinda worth it as google made it such tat it requires less specs so our device will run faster with more ram to spare etc.
3. Not sure abt this. I dun use odin much.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

EAPOCS

Aug 23, 2008
Thanks

So, how did you root your device and with what programs did you make the backups with?

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
1. methode to root your device: http://techverse.net/root-samsung-galaxy-s3-android-4-3-jellybean/
2. then install a custom recovery like philz-touch (use the odine methode): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39433857&postcount=4
3. now you are able to install custom roms just read the threads in android development i'm using archi droid 1.X right now 4.3 runs really smooth for me

Before you root your device read some threads and google what it means to root your device. This tutorials I gave you and are a bit risky you could brick your device so please be careful!

Some interesting threads for you:
- [LOTK]Android Terms,Slang,Definitions & Laiman Terms Android Guides
- [GUIDE] - The differences between Odex and Deodex Files
- [ROM] [XXUGNA7] [4.3] [Sammy's Stock] [Stable] [Flexible] [Excellent] | [21/02/14] ArchiDroid V1.7.11 | Power In Your Hands

If you are going to install custom roms you do not need to root your device because custom rom's already come rooted... You only need to root if your are staying on stock rom and need to remove system apps and use the many apps that require root access.