[ROOT]TWRP Coordinator(BETA)

Search This thread

Samer Diab

Sep 4, 2012
Beyrouth
Samer Diab And Helicopter88 Present
TWRP Coordinator
Description :​

This application handles some key recovery features using ORS(Open Recovery Script),
Features :
*Install Latest TWRP Recovery
*Stores Backup Choices In Preferences
*Update TWRP
*Reboot to recovery
*Flash Multiple zips From SDCARD
*Create new backups
*Rename backups
*Delete backups
*Restore backups
*Wipe Data
*Factory Reset
*Wipe specific partitions
*Fix permissions
And more..

You can make secure the app with a password, or hide it from launcher to launch it using the dialer(dial *#8977#).
Last but not least,this app is adfree, has a polished look, is easy to use, contains a cool widget for flashaholics that will allow you to reboot , hotreboot, reboot to recovery and power off.
When you are restoring backup , the app will give you a choice of which partition to restore based on the ones backed up .
The app will not work without root access, and the app will not work without TWRP Recovery installed,
On launch the app it will check whether TWRP is installed on your device and then continue , if TWRP is not installed you will be prompted to install it.
If your device does not have official TWRP support , you can still use this app, you just need to manually install TWRP recovery and launch the app.
You can send your feedback by email using TWRP Coordinator.
We are aiming to make the app work on every device once we leave BETA stage, so please state all bugs in the email and we will work hard on fixing them.
Change Log :

Beta Build 006 .
Change Log :
*Improved password security(Thanks to Adam Outler)
*Fixed some SELinux related errors(The app will detect twrp on all devices :) , Credits to Jorrit "Chainfire" Jongma and The OmniROM Project)
*Multiple zip flash is now supported
*Fix some first run issues
*Code clean-up
*Replaced checkboxes with switches
*Address some force closes
*Backup preferences are now stored
*Fixed widget
Downloads :
Credits
Dees_Troy
AdamOutler
Chainfire

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP Coordinator , a App

Contributors
Samer Diab, Helicopter88, Dees_Troy

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 006
Beta Release Date: 2014-04-18

Created 2014-04-17
Last Updated 2014-05-01

Samer Diab

Sep 4, 2012
Beyrouth
Reserved

FAQ:
Q : Can we include the app in our rom ?
A:Yes off course you can .

Q:The app is not working on my device .
A: Did you grant it root access ?

Q:I forgot the application password .
A:Launch it from dialler using(*#89778#)

Q:The app does not detect TWRP on my device while i have it installed
A:post your device on the thread please

Last edited:

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
I think you only need to improve the app icon (it's black), I can't see it in my drawer:laugh:

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
Nice addition to twrp, the best recovery on earth.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Not a major bug in any way, but both ghost explorer and sliding explorer show the new folder created by this app durning a backup as 6/10/1970:

2u3y5yge.jpg

Just figured I'd mention it. No big deal if it doesn't effect backup restoration.

Samer Diab

Sep 4, 2012
Beyrouth
Nice addition to twrp, the best recovery on earth.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Not a major bug in any way, but both ghost explorer and sliding explorer show the new folder created by this app durning a backup as 6/10/1970:

2u3y5yge.jpg

Just figured I'd mention it. No big deal if it doesn't effect backup restoration.

@Dees_Troy , any idea ?

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
[/COLOR]Not a major bug in any way, but both ghost explorer and sliding explorer show the new folder created by this app durning a backup as 6/10/1970:

2u3y5yge.jpg

Any backup made before the time patch(either 2.6.3.4 or 2.7.0.0 can't remember) will have that date

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
Any backup made before the time patch(either 2.6.3.4 or 2.7.0.0 can't remember) will have that date

That can't be true. I made the other backup you can see with 2.7 and the date displays correctly. Also, it displays the android build number as well.

Overall this app is great. Its nice to be able to initiate backups without having to boot into recovery.

Last edited:

siddheshvartak

Mar 3, 2013
no need to know..
flash zip from sd card not working..
reboot to recovery work..
and when i rebooted to recovery ,
the previously selected i.e."flash from sd card" flashed....

SONY XPERIA U
CM11 KK 4.4.2

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
That can't be true. I made the other backup you can see with 2.7 and the date displays correctly. Also, it displays the android build number as well.

Overall this app is great. Its nice to be able to initiate backups without having to boot into recovery.

Read exactly what I said.
Any backup made before 2.7.0.0 or 2.6.3.4 will have wrong date on recent qualcomm devices(approximately every SoC after MSM8960).

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
Read exactly what I said.
Any backup made before 2.7.0.0 or 2.6.3.4 will have wrong date on recent qualcomm devices(approximately every SoC after MSM8960).

You are missing something.

.... I'm still on 2.7, and the backup I circled was initiated with this app, and has the most recent date in the file name...

All my twrp backups are from 2.7. The ones made with this app have the wrong file creation date.

4y3ujyny.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samer Diab And Helicopter88 Present
    TWRP Coordinator
    Description :​

This application handles some key recovery features using ORS(Open Recovery Script),
    Features :
    *Install Latest TWRP Recovery
    *Stores Backup Choices In Preferences
    *Update TWRP
    *Reboot to recovery
    *Flash Multiple zips From SDCARD
    *Create new backups
    *Rename backups
    *Delete backups
    *Restore backups
    *Wipe Data
    *Factory Reset
    *Wipe specific partitions
    *Fix permissions
    And more..

You can make secure the app with a password, or hide it from launcher to launch it using the dialer(dial *#8977#).
    Last but not least,this app is adfree, has a polished look, is easy to use, contains a cool widget for flashaholics that will allow you to reboot , hotreboot, reboot to recovery and power off.
    When you are restoring backup , the app will give you a choice of which partition to restore based on the ones backed up .
    The app will not work without root access, and the app will not work without TWRP Recovery installed,
    On launch the app it will check whether TWRP is installed on your device and then continue , if TWRP is not installed you will be prompted to install it.
    If your device does not have official TWRP support , you can still use this app, you just need to manually install TWRP recovery and launch the app.
    You can send your feedback by email using TWRP Coordinator.
    We are aiming to make the app work on every device once we leave BETA stage, so please state all bugs in the email and we will work hard on fixing them.
    Change Log :

Beta Build 006 .
    Change Log :
    *Improved password security(Thanks to Adam Outler)
    *Fixed some SELinux related errors(The app will detect twrp on all devices :) , Credits to Jorrit "Chainfire" Jongma and The OmniROM Project)
    *Multiple zip flash is now supported
    *Fix some first run issues
    *Code clean-up
    *Replaced checkboxes with switches
    *Address some force closes
    *Backup preferences are now stored
    *Fixed widget
    Downloads :
    Credits
    Dees_Troy
    AdamOutler
    Chainfire

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Coordinator , a App

Contributors
    Samer Diab, Helicopter88, Dees_Troy

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 006
    Beta Release Date: 2014-04-18

Created 2014-04-17
    Last Updated 2014-05-01
    Since there seems to be some confusion regarding what constitutes an "official" versus an "unofficial" app, I'll try to clear this up as best as I can right here, right now, though I'm sure at least one person will be upset at me, if not everyone.

I'm not much good with Java and I've never had enough time to learn app development well enough yet to make a true, first-party app for TWRP. I've depended on other developers to make apps like GooManager, TWRP Manager, and TWRP Coordinator. As for what constitutes an official versus unofficial app, well how's this? I don't really have an official policy. I will probably just have some apps that I recommend because I know the developers and I've worked with those developers. Right now the main app that I'm recommending is TWRP Manager because the app is fairly mature, has a proven track record, and because I've worked with @jmz now for a while.

I may start also recommending TWRP Coordinator at some point. I've helped @Samer Diab some just like I helped @jmz some with understanding TWRP's ORS features and syntax. TWRP Coordinator is new and like any new app, I'm sure there's some compatibility and usability issues that need to be worked out.

One of the great things about TWRP, IMHO, is how open we are. We're the only major touch recovery out there that has its full touch and GUI code fully open source. Part of the open nature means that I have made TWRP's OpenRecoveryScript engine open to work with any app that an app developer might want to build. These apps include TWRP Manager and TWRP Coordinator. There's other apps too such as JRummy's ROM Toolkit, to a certain degree Flashify, Omni's OpenDelta app, and even koush's own ROM Manager are compatible with ORS. The idea is that you can use any app you choose so long as your recovery is TWRP
    Reserved

FAQ:
    Q : Can we include the app in our rom ?
    A:Yes off course you can .

Q:The app is not working on my device .
    A: Did you grant it root access ?

Q:I forgot the application password .
    A:Launch it from dialler using(*#89778#)

Q:The app does not detect TWRP on my device while i have it installed
    A:post your device on the thread please
    Traced down the culprit to Superuser,please use SuperSu on 4.4 and above
    Anyways,here there's a test build that should work better

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b7uLvxjCbsQlpha3RZaUhlRFU/edit?usp=sharing

Little explanation on the failed to detect TWRP issue:
    SELinux (introduced in 4.3 but enforced on 4.4) denies non-system apps to system shell (sh).
    There's a little workaround that has been implemented in SuperSU (using daemonsu),but not yet in Superuser that allows apps to use system shell,I rewrote our root routines and now things should work beautifully.
    For further details,refer to http://su.chainfire.eu/#selinux

I've been checking on my nexus 5 running openmaster with the stricter selinux possible and things seem to work fine,please check it out,
    Thanks.
    Hi,

I'm searching for an App who can do this...

Flash:
    - zip A
    - zip B
    - zip C
    - zip D
    Before flash do:
    - create a Backup from /system /boot and /data to external sd card
    - format system
    After flash do:
    - wipe cache/dalvik
    - reboot

Can I do it with this App?