[Q] Flashing Asian Radio to ATT HOX Plus

Search This thread

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
All,

i would like to buy new HOX + since my HTC incredible s is stolen..i love HTC & Sense, and HOX + comes in my budget..but, in ebay i can get only ATT or Telus version HOX..but i live in india, worried whether the reception is very low since my friend is also using S3 ATT version n signal strength is weak..

Just want to know whether Flashing a radio of internation version to ATT version would brick the device or works well?

Any idea from experts? based on this factor only i will place my order in ebay.

Thanks all guys :) Really a great community this is.

PS: i know there is no KK official update for this device. Just gone through the forum and can see many active development going on..Only intention of buying this device is cos of this great dev community :)

Cyb0rgz

Last edited:

XAlexander_AlexanderX

May 8, 2012
All,

i would like to buy new HOX + since my HTC incredible s is stolen..i love HTC & Sense, and HOX + comes in my budget..but, in ebay i can get only ATT or Telus version HOX..but i live in india, worried whether the reception is very low since my friend is also using S3 ATT version n signal strength is weak..

Just want to know whether Flashing a radio of internation version to ATT version would brick the device or works well?

Any idea from experts? based on this factor only i will place my order in ebay.

Thanks all guys :) Really a great community this is.

PS: i know there is no KK official update for this device. Just gone through the forum and can see many active development going on..Only intention of buying this device is cos of this great dev community :)

Cyb0rgz

From what I've heard, no. The international and ATT is different and plus the phone would probably not allow you to flash the radio of another device, unless you are s-off. I don't think it was ever done but it's probably not worth the brick. BTW there is not much development going on for the HOX+ atm. Hopefully things will kick up soon. The Samsung s3 is different than the HOX+ , maybe it will be better maybe worst. I get better signal than my dad's Note 3.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk