[PRJ-REQ] Tatanium theme: Winmo 7

Search This thread

Bikram

Nov 16, 2007
Montreal
Hi all,
I saw the winmo 7 video other day in youtube. It looks great but it was like a dejavu for me. I have sony erricsson Xperia X1, in that we have a panel called Media experience, it is more or less the same as new winmo interface. (for those who haven't seen it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEQt8tGUuYg )

The only differences are that instead of txt showing you where you are (each time you get in a folder the name of the txt goes on top, that way you know where you are) in Media experience it shows you an icon
picture.php

notice the icon on the right ( music icon) indicates that you are in music player. Oh yeah and unlike winmo7 it is in the left side. The thing that this is missing is the clock on the background (i photoshoped it) and the weather widget.

HTC UI is great but it also slows down the phone, that's why I prefer titanium. I was wondering if somebody could figure out a way to put a clock and weather widget with it. Some other pics,

picture.php

picture.php

d3thstalker

Nov 8, 2008
Buffalo
That theme concept looks gorgeous. It's a brilliantly huge improvement over the default Titanium. However, it reminds me of the SE media manager. But nevermind that.

The clock on the top right corner looks ugly - it's doesn't blend well within the theme. I suggest that a plain text clock in the background should be implemented to give the theme a minimalistic and elegant look. I've worked up on the image to show you what I mean.

33msy.jpg

The menus should also have some transparency so the background and the clock are visible.

smoker46

Nov 13, 2008
Verona
i think it's better the clock on the background but the icon only the bigger at the center end take away the little one at the left!:D

Bikram

Nov 16, 2007
Montreal
d3thstalker your picture looks exactly what I was thinking. I did a quick paintbrush work so it looks awefool. But yeah this is what I was talking about, how though :(

d3thstalker

Nov 8, 2008
Buffalo
It would be really awesome if someone could develop this for us. I have no background in developing anything or whatsoever. However, I'd like to extend my help to wherever I can.

EDIT: Perhaps if someone could post links to guides or tutorials on editing the Titanium menu, I can try something.

Last edited:

d3thstalker

Nov 8, 2008
Buffalo
It doesn't look that difficult, it's worth a try. But you are reminded again that I have no background in these things or whatsoever, so don't get your hopes too high, I might simply dump the project if I can't do it.

I'm handling some workload from my office atm, I'll begin immediately after that. I'll flash my phone to WM6.5.3 today, however, to take a look at how this whole thing works. On second thought, it would be better if someone could pass me the following files from the WINDOWS directory on their phone - bronzeres.dll, CHome_listback.png (hidden file) and Titanium_240x320.cpr

Bikram

Nov 16, 2007
Montreal
It doesn't look that difficult, it's worth a try. But you are reminded again that I have no background in these things or whatsoever, so don't get your hopes too high, I might simply dump the project if I can't do it.

I'm handling some workload from my office atm, I'll begin immediately after that. I'll flash my phone to WM6.5.3 today, however, to take a look at how this whole thing works. On second thought, it would be better if someone could pass me the following files from the WINDOWS directory on their phone - bronzeres.dll, CHome_listback.png (hidden file) and Titanium_240x320.cpr

Ok I am sending you a private message with those files.

Bikram

Nov 16, 2007
Montreal
Ok I just sent it to you. I looked at the tutorial too, when I opened the bronzess.dll in PE explorer I see lots of icons, starting with the number of 2000 to 4000. I can guess how to change the icons, but I dont understand how can I change the system of how icons are being shown. I mean in "Media Experience Panel" when you tap on something it goes to the left side. How do make that happen? Anyway I dont know anything about programming.

Hope somebody comes up with a solution. :)

d3thstalker

Nov 8, 2008
Buffalo
I understand the link between the registery, the bronzeres.dll and the way the icon are displayed. However, I still don't understand how to shift the icons to the left side. I think that has something to do with Titanium_240x320.cpr.

I don't think that it's possible to make the icons shift to the left upon clicking them because I have never seen that in a theme. I think that would require the Titanium code to be re-written or something, which is beyond me.

EDIT: This modding of titanium is too hard for me, I don't understand several aspects of it. I am letting go of it here.

Last edited: