[Q] Is there any way to unbrick HTC Desire X?

Search This thread

veerusayz

Jul 17, 2012
hi

now my phone started normally, but it is not recognizing SIM..it is not receiving signal...what should I do

veerusayz

Jul 17, 2012
Did you install a JB kernel?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

no friend

how can I install that

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Can you please also tell me best ROMs which are compatible with HTC desire x

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

I have just restarted phone/

Now it started and I can see new ROM features.

But still my original problem still persists.

It says No SIM found.

Please help !!!!!

Oct 31, 2013
Delhi
no friend

how can I install that

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Can you please also tell me best ROMs which are compatible with HTC desire x

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

I have just restarted phone/

Now it started and I can see new ROM features.

But still my original problem still persists.

It says No SIM found.

Please help !!!!!

Did you insert the SIM card nicely? And are you sure that u have desire x single sim?

Oct 31, 2013
Delhi
Reactions: veerusayz

veerusayz

Jul 17, 2012
Well, here is the problem. Since u have a dual SIM phone, u must only flash Roms made for dual sim which are available here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537913:

No use after flashing stock ROM..im pissed off now

can we do something to recognize my sim

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Finally my problem is solved

I've just flashed stock boot.img file which is designed for dual sim phone.

Thanks for all ur help

Oct 31, 2013
Delhi
No use after flashing stock ROM..im pissed off now

can we do something to recognize my sim

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Finally my problem is solved

I've just flashed stock boot.img file which is designed for dual sim phone.

Thanks for all ur help

Great! Yeah I forgot to mention about that stock boot.img for dual sim.:rolleyes:

Have fun:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really noone can help? :( I am really worried, i know that i shouldnt do something which i dont completly understand, i am stupid. I really just want my phone back, even without root. As i mentioned before, I have PhillZ Touch 5 (CWM v6.0.3.7) recovery and acces to bootloader. My CID is T-Mob009.

Could you please tell me at least if this is fixable? Can i go to my local phone service and they will fix it for me? Or can i do something at home?

it's still can be fix it, not a big problem
    maybe you can try reinstall the stock rom
    Don't go to local phone service, they can't help
    Just find a ROM specific for your phone (search xda for desire x) and put it on sdcard. Either with an external SD reader or through recovery. Then wipe all in recovery, then flash ROM and gapps if needed
    Then reboot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Long story short: I think i bricked my HTC Desire X. After rooting (succesful) i tried to remove stock T-Mobile apps. They were re-installing after reboot. I did some research and found many solutions, one of them was to install custom kernel. So, i grabbed neXusKERNELv3 and using WinDroid HTC Desire X Toolkit (Fastboot Commands > Flash > System Image) i flashed .img file to my phone. After rebooting nothing happens - HTC quietly brilliant logo, vibration and blank black screen.

One of the solutions of this problem i found in the internet was to install custom rom, but to do so, i have to acces my sd card, which i cant.
    I have acces to bootloader and recovery (phillaz touch 5).

Anyone can help me? I'm noob, i just wanted to get rid of those annoying T-Mobile apps!
    Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English, im not native english speaker.

Update: I turned on the phone and left it alone for some time - after HTC logo and black screen nothing happens for some time and then htc logo appears again, and there is black screen again.

Dude one thing, your phone isin't bricked :p and you said you have Phiz touch recovery right? You can mount your SD card from there (I believe) then...

Before you do any of these make sure you have an unlocked phone (I know you said it. Rooted and unlocked bootloader), java and hansoon 2000's toolkir (optional, if you don't want to use CMD.) and an updated phone (you should have the 1.25 Hboot by now.)

1. Download a ROM and extract the boot.img to the folder where you have "fastboot.exe"
    2. Boot your phone to recovery then mount your SD card from there.
    3. Copy the ROM on to your SD card. (Oh you know that.)
    4. Reboot back to bootloader and select fastboot
    5. Plug your phone to your computer using a USB cable and open a command prompt window (CMD)
    6. Type the following codes...
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    Then
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    And finally
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot (name_of_image).img
    7. BACK UP YOUR STOCK ROM
    8. Do a wipe data/factory reset
    9. Wipe dalvik cache.
    10. Flash the ROM that you placed in your SD card.

I hope it worked lol. Goodluck bro! ;)
    In addition if you don't have card reader

1. Flash TWRP or CWM recovery
    2. From recovery open "ADB Sideload"
    3. Flash the rom.zip with ADB sideload

For more info: http ://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com.tr/2013/12/ow-to-use-adb-sideload.html

4. Flash kernel (boot.img) via fastboot

Done :cool:
    I've inserted properly.

did nt understand ur question - And are you sure that u have desire x single sim?

pls clarify

btw, it is dual sim phone...I have inserted one sim

Well, here is the problem. Since u have a dual SIM phone, u must only flash Roms made for dual sim which are available here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537913: