How did they get the KK source from MediaTek?

Search This thread

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I don't get that...
They raised 32000$ of 100000$ and they said it'll be founded?

BTW - I wouldn't beg Omate or MTK even I'm dying :p

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
I don't get that...
They raised 32000$ of 100000$ and they said it'll be founded?

BTW - I wouldn't beg Omate or MTK even I'm dying :p

Yup, on indiegogo.com you can choose "flexible funding" which means that even if just a few people purchase then they still get the goods or if its another type of project then it helps someway to give the creator something than nothing.... IG takes a much higher cut to stop people going too made with flex funding..

gerhardo

Aug 23, 2013
Moto X4
Sony Xperia 5 II
llepen said in the beginning of the year that MediaTek would have KK ready in April, today he wrote KKin July. So MediaTek schedule has slipped too.
AI Watch is not released yet...

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
It'll be same story again, just like TS and Omate...

It's great to develop and to support developers and new projects but I won't pay a penny or support with a cent those kinds of project.

It's clearly only for taking money and sending Chinese, plastic crap (no offend, sorry) that has been produced two years ago...

LLP is the one that made me think and learned me not to trust founding campaign ever again...

I'll have to pay around 400$ for TS!!!???!!!
234$ is TS and everything else is for fine and customs...

That piece of plastic didn't cost more than 20$ in real world...

But hat down to LLP - greqt way to steal 1 million dollars.

You buy 5000 watches from Chinese company.
You hire three persons...

One kid who will adapt clean version of Android for device.
It's not important if anything works, it's only important that device can boot.

Second - one Mrs to pack them and send.

Third person is just for fun, your friend who'll travel with you and spend money...

Your total cost is around 100 000 $ so it's very easy to see how much money LLP stole from us...

There's no update, there will never be update...
What do you think, why all devs abandoned TS?
TS will never have iPhone support and even if they built KK for it, it'll be something very bad and something unfinished and not stabile...

It's sad that this kind of fraud is OK by KS standard, very sad...

Last edited:

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
It'll be same story again, just like TS and Omate...

It's great to develop and to support developers and new projects but I won't pay a penny or support with a cent those kinds of project.

It's clearly only for taking money and sending Chinese, plastic crap (no offend, sorry) that has been produced two years ago...

LLP is the one that made me think and learned me not to trust founding campaign ever again...

I'll have to pay around 400$ for TS!!!???!!!
234$ is TS and everything else is for fine and customs...

That piece of plastic didn't cost more than 20$ in real world...

But hat down to LLP - greqt way to steal 1 million dollars.

You buy 5000 watches from Chinese company.
You hire three persons...

One kid who will adapt clean version of Android for device.
It's not important if anything works, it's only important that device can boot.

Second - one Mrs to pack them and send.

Third person is just for fun, your friend who'll travel with you and spend money...

Your total cost is around 100 000 $ so it's very easy to see how much money LLP stole from us...

There's no update, there will never be update...
What do you think, why all devs abandoned TS?
TS will never have iPhone support and even if they built KK for it, it'll be something very bad and something unfinished and not stabile...

It's sad that this kind of fraud is OK by KS standard, very sad...

I think your maths and sums might be off. I'm pretty sure production costs weren't factored in there. Not saying it'd be close to 100000 but I'm sure it would be more than that especially when you consider the testing and the broken/failed units. Who knows though! :rolleyes:

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I think your maths and sums might be off. I'm pretty sure production costs weren't factored in there. Not saying it'd be close to 100000 but I'm sure it would be more than that especially when you consider the testing and the broken/failed units. Who knows though! :rolleyes:

Mate, they sold us old, "already in manufacturing" devices.
There's no testing, drawing or anything else...

That's the problem...

They said they will bring something new but they gave us crappie old watch, nothing new...with awful firmware.

That firmware will kill you battery in 30 days, no companion support, no iPhone support, old bare and plain android 4.2.2 and no sources...

All devs left because of those reasons, they don't want to be part of that scam...

I said 100000$ but that's not important...
What's important is that we have something that isn't even close to advertised device...

It's no 1.3gzh, it's not 5mox camera, there's no update, there's no swimming with it (remember first KS video?) that was the reason many users pladged - take your watch to places you never take your smartphone....
Where is that?

I have Z1 and rain isn't problem with it...

All I'm saying is - that's not something I would support if I knew things I know now...

If you are satisfied with it, that's great...

I know I'm not...and I still don't have it...
To be honest I don't even want it...

I said, I'll probably sell it, - that's the most likely scenario...

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
You'll be happy when you have it but yeah the lack of support and crappy ostore etc are kinda of downers. Out of the box after putting Loki's patch (so grateful for that) it does what I want. I bought mine as something to use for running and my Note 2 is way too big for that. This serves it's purpose but for something that actually works as a companion etc you're right it doesn't seem to be doing what I want. Annoyingly the Moto 360 might be the one to wait for but as far as I know it's not standalone and is likely to cost over £300. However with this thing costing me £140 it's still a great deal as a fitbit or withins pulse is around £100 as it is.

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
When you see things like the AI watch and a few others, the TS looks positively elegant, there isn't actually anything like it, even the X201's are quite techy looking... TBH what the TS does do, it does it fairly well, it's just having the time to get the user experiences right.....

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
@funky0308 - to add fuel to the fire the Z8 (omate clone) is selling for $150 for the 4gb model.

Someone has purchased it and testing it out, see the Z8 thread. If it's decent it might be a possibly for me too ... without all the torture.

Reactions: funky0308

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @funky0308 - to add fuel to the fire the Z8 (omate clone) is selling for $150 for the 4gb model.

Someone has purchased it and testing it out, see the Z8 thread. If it's decent it might be a possibly for me too ... without all the torture.