prusokas

Oct 12, 2009
www.youtube.com
Thx for the update
htc_dream.jpg

petrkr

Dec 10, 2009
Nice ROM, seems fast...

But it has same problem as other 2.2 ROMs. It can't seek mp4 video after 1hour and 15 minutes. I just wonder if that's some mediaserver error... Actually video track was sought fine, but audio and seek-bar was moved to beginning (actually at seek time minus 1 hour 15min) so seek to 2hours in video makes actual seek to 45min.

I tested now audio formats 2 hour long.
MP3: OK
OGG: OK
MP4 (audio only): OK
WAV: OK (Tested as long I thought it could be due filesize)

so that problem is just at MP4 with x264 video...

DorianX

Nice ROM, seems fast...

But it has same problem as other 2.2 ROMs. It can't seek mp4 video after 1hour and 15 minutes. I just wonder if that's some mediaserver error... Actually video track was sought fine, but audio and seek-bar was moved to beginning (actually at seek time minus 1 hour 15min) so seek to 2hours in video makes actual seek to 45min.

I tested now audio formats 2 hour long.
MP3: OK
OGG: OK
MP4 (audio only): OK
WAV: OK (Tested as long I thought it could be due filesize)

so that problem is just at MP4 with x264 video...

Have you tried several 2.2 roms (including cm based)? I'm not the dev of this rom, I just delete it some things and port a theme... maybe you need to ask to devs of original rom:
tvall
Maximo360
Ldrifta

or to these recognized devs:
Ezterry
AndDiSa
hrk

They have more knowledge than me...

I don't use my phone to watch very long videos so I don't know that problem but a have problems with videos too... when recording a video seems laggy (little pauses) and when I play this video looks very pixelated and at the end says: "Sorry, this video cannot be played."

petrkr

Dec 10, 2009
Have you tried several 2.2 roms (including cm based)? I'm not the dev of this rom, I just delete it some things and port a theme... maybe you need to ask to devs of original rom:
tvall
Maximo360
Ldrifta

or to these recognized devs:
Ezterry
AndDiSa
hrk

They have more knowledge than me...

I don't use my phone to watch very long videos so I don't know that problem but a have problems with videos too... when recording a video seems laggy (little pauses) and when I play this video looks very pixelated and at the end says: "Sorry, this video cannot be played."

Thanks for some that..
I've tried several 2.2 ROMs also 2.3 one. Also I compiled myself 2.2.3 from actual google's branch and I figured something, it will be somewhere in that HW renderer, as long if I didn't copied it there, it was OK (but video had about 1 frame per minute due SW decoding)...
so it will be somewhere in libstagefrighthw.so, libOmxH264Dec.so, libmm-adsp.so or libOmxCore.so, but I didn't found source codes for them...

I not using phone for long movies too, but I have few live concerts and some songs are after that time...

Anyway thanks for reply.

askrulous

Mar 29, 2008
London
Nice work with your theming Dorianx.

I've installing some great themes myself but it always ends up slowing the phone up to a virtual standstill, so I no longer bother.

So, when I saw your ICS theme for ryree's rom I had to try it. Its just so good having a nice theme that doesn't effect the phone's speed! Gingerfroyo just has to be tried as well now!

DorianX

Nice work with your theming Dorianx.

I've installing some great themes myself but it always ends up slowing the phone up to a virtual standstill, so I no longer bother.

So, when I saw your ICS theme for ryree's rom I had to try it. Its just so good having a nice theme that doesn't effect the phone's speed! Gingerfroyo just has to be tried as well now!

I'm glad you like it :) by the way I'll post this rom (updated base) with the ics theme in few minutes

erikccl

Jun 15, 2009
Buenos Aires
dear Dorianx

thank you for your work.

I have tried lots of ROMs and your is the fastest and the best.!

Just only a question. Do you have a language pack for Chinese Taiwan? ..
If so... it will be more than perfect!

:):):):D:D:D

abs0

Sep 28, 2009
London
Tether?

Just installed on my G1 and looking very nice. Its much faster than the 2.3 ROMs I had previously and an amazing amount of free system ROM space (I've Titanium Backup'd all my key apps into the system space and still had room to integrate the sys dalvik :)

The only issue I've found so far is that USB tethering causes Settings to FC - is anyone else using USB tether?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GingerFroyo 1.0​
    This is only a themed ROM! Ok
    Hi guys! Here I am with this Froyo ROM
    Because I'm not happy with Gingerbread ROMS (Feel slow to me compared with Froyo) I decided to "port" this theme to this ROM and put this Bootanimation, the result:
    GingerFroyo
    I'm not a dev ok, I just bareboned, optimize some apks and themed NameLessFroyo because I like very much this ROM it's smooth and stable, and I like how Gingerbread looks.
    I also bareboned tiny gapps because I don't need a lot of things and we can download from market (Gmail, Maps, Search...). If you need youtube and don't see it in market you can download from here. Please read NameLessFroyo Thread for Overview.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update!

Some people don't like CM based roms so I decide to "port" this theme to a AOSP based rom (DREAMteam Froyo v1.9.1)
    This is an extremely barebones rom just includes basics apks ok (No youtube, gmail, maps, etc.) also removed almost all of ringtones, notifications, alarms, fonts...
    If you use Custom MTD:
    system: 63 (with my gapps, don't know with different gapps)
    cache: 2
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update!

-Optimized apk's
    -Added all fonts (Some apps didn't showed correctly some chars)
    -Changed some notification bar colors (now looks more like gingerbread)
    -Added 32m of VM Heap Size to default
    -Reverted 160 for dpi (didn't showed some apps on market with 150 dpi)
    -Changed dial pad (now looks like gingerbread)
    -Added latest superuser and su binary
    -Added latest android terminal emulator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Downloads:

GingerFroyo DREAMteam Updated MD5: fda7eaa8614ed69e78c1804ff47acde9

Mirror

GingerFroyo DREAMteam MD5: d2809ac0fcb12a98c0995451b2694c38

GingerFroyo DREAMteam Gapps MD5: 32c7247126dcca8b4bde70710cebb1c5

Mirror

GingerFroyo 1.0 MD5: 88563f19dfcf4011408fc4bde35dae65

GingerFroyoGapps MD5: 1fd1d2be31a65a7ec8288be333e4b271

Installation instructions:
    1. Boot into Recovery
    2. Make a backup (Very important!!!)
    3. Wipe all (including SdExt)
    4. Superwipe (Recomended)
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Flash Gapps
    7. Reboot

My settings (NameLessFroyo):
    -CPU: 596 MHz Set on boot
    -No swap
    -No Compcache
    -No Jit
    -Surface dithering disabled
    -Lock home in memory disabled (but enabled system persistent in ADW system preferences)
    -Lock messaging app in memory disabled (enable if you lost some messages)
    -VM heap size 24m

If you have random reboots on NameLessFroyo or just want the newest ezterry kernel flash this: ezgb-2636-v1.5.2
    If you like more stuff from google download tiny gapps from here or mdpi gapps (more and more stuff from google) from here

Credits:
    tvall and DREAMteam for their DREAMteam Froyo
    NLJ and all the people he already thanks for his NameLessFroyo
    l0st.prophet for the theme
    aph for the bootanimation

If somebody in credits don't like this please tell me or a tell to a moderator and delete this
    Update on first post!
    Update on first post!
    mirror for the gapps?

Mirror Added to OP

Edit: MD5 it's different to original one (This it's a small file (optimized apk's)) MD5: 8ee07e2723c0e3067d1be1ef980d3315