[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

gaz617

Mar 17, 2010
London
Well, after trying the 19/04 build for a few hours, most things work. However the change in sdcard is causing some applications to miss function. I'll have to revert back to 04/14, right?
Or is there a way to "trick" the os, something like a Junction?

Thanks.

I believe that the change is how it's going to be for every cm rom issued from now on, you could try fix permissions or if you're having real problems backup, wipe and reinstall

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
Pease elaborate... I use widgets on ADW Ex with no need of setting it as system app. In fact it'd seem kind of absurd if you couldn't use widgets in market downloaded launchers.

The widgets do "stop" once in a while, though. As in they stop refreshing. A restart of the launcher solves it.

It's mentioned in the Play Store Apex Launcher page too:
"NOTE: Due to limitations of the Android framework, you won't be able to add widgets from the drawer unless Apex Launcher is installed as a system app (root required). "

Even on Nova Launcher's Play Store page:
"Permissions:
Root/Superuser: Widgets-in-drawer with previews is require Root due to Android framework limitations. Widgets will be displays in a list like Android 2.x if root is unavailable or denied."

SimboXXX

Jun 7, 2010
Pease elaborate... I use widgets on ADW Ex with no need of setting it as system app. In fact it'd seem kind of absurd if you couldn't use widgets in market downloaded launchers.

The widgets do "stop" once in a while, though. As in they stop refreshing. A restart of the launcher solves it.

It doesn't mean you can't use widgets, only that you can't place them direct from the app drawer.

Reactions: iamsachin

D79_

Oct 13, 2010
Essex
Im now usin LPR as LPS also gave me problems. LPR has drop signal a few times now so im really not sure if i need a new sim card or somthing, but LPR doesnt drop as much so i think ill give it a day use first then if all fails ill order a new sim card

Ive finally solved the problem with my reception droppin, all i had to do is get the latest settings from my network provider. My old settings must of got messed up some how from updatin to a new build and all along it was nothing to do with the modem, but i am findin LPR faster so i think ill stick with this modem anyways :)

Just need to know why, since installin the latest build most of my music albums are not showing the album covers. Im usin google music player btw

Edit: my reception has dropped again so i put my simcard in my girlfriends phone and the reception also dropped so i put my girlfriends sim card in my phone and all worked fine, so its defo a sim card issue

Last edited:

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
It doesn't mean you can't use widgets, only that you can't place them direct from the app drawer.

I think the limitation is for ICS based launchers only.
But my other doubt still remains. My Apex Launcher is a system app according to TB. It survives nightly flashes. I can place widgets direct from the app drawer. But Apex is there in /data/app
codeworkx help please.

Last edited:

SimboXXX

Jun 7, 2010
I think the limitation is for ICS based launchers only.
But my other doubt still remains. My Apex Launcher is a system app according to TB. It survives nightly flashes. I can place them direct from the app drawer. But its there in /data/app
codeworkx help please.

Yes, the original question was about Apex.
Not sure I understand your issue. But if you want Apex in the system/app directory, why not just place with RootExplorer and set permissions 644. Sorry if i misunderstood.

irish-sid

Aug 18, 2011
When using effects on the video player (Big eyes for example) it renders the video in blue like I'm from Avatar. Is this a bug in the nightly or is it supposed to happen?

Also, I seen in a few youtube reviews they could change the colours of CM in the settings menu, is there something I need to flash for this? Would also like to change the colour of stuff in the status bar?

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
Yes, the original question was about Apex.
Not sure I understand your issue. But if you want Apex in the system/app directory, why not just place with RootExplorer and set permissions 644. Sorry if i misunderstood.

No actually there isnt any issue. There was a discussion about apps installed as system apps being removed while flashing a new nightly. My Apex Launcher is a system app but doesnt get removed while flashing. This is contradictory

coversnail

Jun 22, 2011
Just need to know why, since installin the latest build most of my music albums are not showing the album covers. Im usin google music player btw

It'll be because of the sdcard / emmc switch. Albun covers will have been cached by the music app onto one of the sdcards and now those links will be broken

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
Well, after trying the 19/04 build for a few hours, most things work. However the change in sdcard is causing some applications to miss function. I'll have to revert back to 04/14, right?
Or is there a way to "trick" the os, something like a Junction?

Thanks.

You can revert back and stay forever there or do a factory reset and start clean.
It's a one-time thing.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
anyone with a high temperature while playing any games?
Um, DUH? If you play a game, CPU load will go up, when CPU load is high, it gets warm. DUH.

*facepalm*

Using latest build I cannot seem to get any information from the AGPS, GPS Status always shows "0" from AGPS.

I don't know if this behavior is normal or not, anyway, with wifi enabled it seems to locate in a better way but also it shows "0" again from the AGPS.

I tried using default CM settings, and also tried "GPS Aids" from market that tries to get those Xtra datas, and while in stock roms the GPS icon flashes when doing this it does seems to not work here, the icon doesn't flash and it doesn't seems to get anything.

Also when outside even without AGPS it locks incredibly fast, just 5 to 10 seconds to get 8/8 out even more sometimes, so lovely.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Um, the "0" is the AGPS age in days since last download - 0 is, as a result, best.

When it actually does something - XTRA is Qualcomm-specific. Apparently Android's framework is set up so that apps that try to load data will see a "success" even if the low-level GPS HAL does not report XTRA support.

On our device, whether stock or CM (we use the same gps.exynos4.so), the GPS HAL reports a null pointer when the XTRA extension is requested - XTRA is not supported.

Anyone? I just did a search of the thread and while this particular issue was raised there was never a definitive answer to the question.
Seriously - you post a "bump please answer me" after only 2 hours, when the previous 2-3 pages talk about changes related to your issue?

16 mins for android + kernel
10 mins for uploading
I am jealous of your fast upstream.

Ok, I'll try to make it easy.

The energy drain is lower when NOT in plane mod because the only drain is from sleep (when you don't use your phone ofc).

While in plane mod the main drain is from Android OS which is not logical at all because I don't use it.

I don't know what is hard to understand :

Day => 35% sleep, 20% android OS...
After night => Android OS 37%, sleep 26%....

You must see that there is an increase of the drain from Android OS.
GO BACK TO SCHOOL. TAKE BASIC MATH COURSE. LEARN ABOUT PERCENTAGES.

Just because AOS percentage is higher does NOT mean its absolute drain is higher - total AOS drain can stay fixed and percentage will go up if other drain sources go down.

This is kind of a bug report. As I have written 6 posts only I am restricted to this thread instead of the corresponding dev-thread.

Issue: CM9 reports wrong signal strength

The case is simple: Stock ROM reports 2/3G signal strength right. Strangely, CM9 reports the right signal strength in the range of -120dBm to -89dBm. Despite the fact there is better reception, it lasts at -89dBm. I encountered that issue in CM7 and F1 Galaxy Nexus ROMs, as well.

Can anyone approve that behavior?
Does not belong in dev thread, known issue, Samsung's RIL is broken. Stock has the same issue, signal does not report correctly unless you go into Settings->About Phone->Status or something like that. If you don't, you see weird **** such as 100% time without signal in battery stats even on Touchwizz firmwares.

ugh.. missed that one.. any quick fix? besides flashing back to 14.4
Um, THIS IS THE FIX. It was broken before. Now it's correct and following the Android standards, not Samsungisms.

PurpleFries

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
The reason this happens is that you installed apex as a system app, then you upgraded it directly on the phone. This installs the update to the app in data/app, making the apk a non-system app with system permissions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

plazzTT

Nov 3, 2009
In the Settings menu, under Storage, there is an option "Erase SD card", but its under the Internal Storage section (and not under the SD card section).

Does this option really erase SD card and it's just in the wrong section?

lukepev

Jun 11, 2010
Can anyone advise on this latest nightly 19th April.
It mentions that emmc and sdcard have been switched around.

So i understand that emmc = internal memory now
and external sd card = sdcard

what i want to know is whether i need to move my data from internal memory to the external sd for it to work?

my internal has all my app data, and my external has music videos and pics

also is there much benefit to using siyah kernal over the stock cm kernel?

thanks

asaf-g

Apr 23, 2011
I believe that the change is how it's going to be for every cm rom issued from now on, you could try fix permissions or if you're having real problems backup, wipe and reinstall

I don't think it's a ROM issue, I think some apps aren't built for this situation. My question was weather or not I can "fool" them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p