[Q] xperia Z retrieve data

Search This thread

ablh

Feb 2, 2014
hi ,,

so one day I was using my Xperia z and all of a sudden it powers off ,, tried to power it back on it goes into a bootloop , flashed a stock rom without wiping data and it worked , next morning I woke up and the problem returns , but worse .. the power button doesn't do anything , when I plug the charger in , it goes into a bootloop and I can't power it off ( by holding power and vol + until it vibrates 3 times ) , it powers off for a moment and then powers back on to a bootloop .. so the battery is continuously being drained .

and when plugged into a pc it goes to flashmode without me holding any button ( red notification light then green ) , and it still bootloops even in flashmode but it takes about 2 minuets between each boot ( doesn't bootloop when flashing a rom ) ..

I can also plug it into fastboot mode .

so now ,, I need to access the data in the internal memory . and i believe I can only achieve that by one of two ways :
1- by somehow charging the battery so I can power it on and get my data .
2- by accessing the data through fastboot or flash modes .

by the way , the device was on stock and wasn't rooted or modified . only updated over the air or pc companion .

thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Charge using USB /pc. As soon as the phone bootloops, keep the volume - pressed (flash mode). in this mode, the phone charges without boot looping. I've had a phone whose IMEI and radio got wiped out during an interrupted update. Got phone recharged by this method & flashed a stock ftf for return & warranty purposes. Can't guarantee data retrieval though....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

Last edited:

ablh

Feb 2, 2014
Charge using USB /pc. As soon as the phone bootloops, keep the volume - pressed (flash mode). in this mode, the phone charges without boot looping. I've had a phone whose IMEI and radio got wiped out during an interrupted update. Got phone recharged by this method & flashed a stock ftf for return & warranty purposes. Can't guarantee data retrieval though....

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

I don't need to press anything as the phone goes into flashmode once plugged in .
so it actually charges while in flashmode :victory: