Nov 10, 2011
No problem download from link. Thanx, will flash your kernel

Edit works great! Thanx a lot! :thumbup:

Last edited:

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
Ok updated to latest version, if you have problems with it just go back to v0.3 post issues on v0.4 at rootzwiki

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

opz187

Sep 30, 2012
Dude this kernel is awesome. Previously Franco was my goto kernel but flash was corrupted on it so I've been searching for something that ran as smooth but didn't have any luck till now. This kernel is SWEET. Paired with sgt7 it's a match made in heaven.

Flukester69

Feb 29, 2012
Ottawa
www.tomishere.ca
Yes very nice kernel! I too was Franco mostly but I find his N7 kernel is severely lacking and his app on N7 stinks compared to on Galaxy Nexus. While there is no immediate tools for this ROM, after installation I find no reason to tweak. Things seem very fast. I am using Dark PA 2.52 and its much better on this kernel.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Yes very nice kernel! I too was Franco mostly but I find his N7 kernel is severely lacking and his app on N7 stinks compared to on Galaxy Nexus. While there is no immediate tools for this ROM, after installation I find no reason to tweak. Things seem very fast. I am using Dark PA 2.52 and its much better on this kernel.
Lolwut? Its the SAME app. Just the nexus 7 is limited because of the LCD and limited tegra processor. I don't see what you're complaining about... and now on this kernel it has less but you're fine with that? :confused: making a ton of sense... :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Well at 60% right around 2.5 hours of display I think.. I last checked. Not bad I guess. Will post some screenies when its empty. bout an hour of that is dead zone :)

Reactions: poondog

Flukester69

Feb 29, 2012
Ottawa
www.tomishere.ca
Lolwut? Its the SAME app. Just the nexus 7 is limited because of the LCD and limited tegra processor. I don't see what you're complaining about... and now on this kernel it has less but you're fine with that? :confused: making a ton of sense... :rolleyes:

Yep this kernel runs much better than Franco kernel. All that matters.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I

iiro

I was having SOD problems on 0.3 (posted a last_kmsg).

Now on 0.4 I don't have any SOD, but instead when my device goes to idle and turns the wifi off, it won't come back online, and crashes the wifi settings menu when I try to go there to restart the wifi.

Eventually the switch in the main Settings.apk turned it off, and afterwards it's again working fine.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I was having SOD problems on 0.3 (posted a last_kmsg).

Now on 0.4 I don't have any SOD, but instead when my device goes to idle and turns the wifi off, it won't come back online, and crashes the wifi settings menu when I try to go there to restart the wifi.

Eventually the switch in the main Settings.apk turned it off, and afterwards it's again working fine.

ROM related... I've experienced that with other kernels on the same ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I

iiro

ROM related... I've experienced that with other kernels on the same ROM.7

How can it be Stock 4.1.2 related, though? :confused:

Also, if you've experienced it with other kernels on the same ROM, surely the kernel is the reason?

EDIT: Furthermore, Wi-Fi works great on the stock kernel, as well as franco.Kernel r25 (using the same stock ROM).

Last edited:

Flukester69

Feb 29, 2012
Ottawa
www.tomishere.ca

And by the way there is a lot of stuff missing in the N7 app. Is color profiling not possible on the N7? True the features are not there but then really the only thing the app does is load when you don't need it and allows slightly faster updates. There is a huge difference in the capabilities/usefulness of the app vs on the Galaxy so I don't get what your big huff is about. I own Galaxy and N7 n I use Franco religiously on my Galaxy. IMO the app is a waste to buy on the N7. This kernel however performs perfectly with no tinkering from the get go. Anyhow...

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
And by the way there is a lot of stuff missing in the N7 app. Is color profiling not possible on the N7? True the features are not there but then really the only thing the app does is load when you don't need it and allows slightly faster updates. There is a huge difference in the capabilities/usefulness of the app vs on the Galaxy so I don't get what your big huff is about. I own Galaxy and N7 n I use Franco religiously on my Galaxy. IMO the app is a waste to buy on the N7. This kernel however performs perfectly with no tinkering from the get go. Anyhow...

So supporting the developer for his hours upon hours of work is not worth it unless it pack loaded with features... please. I was wondering why you were complaining about there not being enough in the app. Now you're using a kernel with no kernel app and very few options and you're perfectly fine with that? How does that make any sense. And i already told you its the nexus 7 fault not the app or developers. The LCD is not easily manipulated. So that is why there is no color control. The app doesn't just help you it helps support the dev, nobody said you need it everything is easily manipulated by a dozen other free apps. The point in buying it is showing support.

Sent from my Nexus 7

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

How can it be Stock 4.1.2 related, though? :confused:

Also, if you've experienced it with other kernels on the same ROM, surely the kernel is the reason?

EDIT: Furthermore, Wi-Fi works great on the stock kernel, as well as franco.Kernel r25 (using the same stock ROM).
Okay then.

Sent from my Nexus 7

booda3000

Oct 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Idle for 10 hrs, then 2 1/2 hrours of use.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352337372411.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352337372411.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 613
Reactions: hickmanje2

Flukester69

Feb 29, 2012
Ottawa
www.tomishere.ca
So supporting the developer for his hours upon hours of work is not worth it unless it pack loaded with features... please. I was wondering why you were complaining about there not being enough in the app. Now you're using a kernel with no kernel app and very few options and you're perfectly fine with that? How does that make any sense. And i already told you its the nexus 7 fault not the app or developers. The LCD is not easily manipulated. So that is why there is no color control. The app doesn't just help you it helps support the dev, nobody said you need it everything is easily manipulated by a dozen other free apps. The point in buying it is showing support.

Sent from my Nexus 7

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Okay then.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yep this kernel works great for me as is, no app needed. This kernel works better for me for flash content. Franco has problems for me and yep for sure, if you use Franco's kernel as much as I do you should get app. I own two copies myself.

Top Liked Posts