[APP][2.2+] Where R U? - Location via SMS

Search This thread

N.M.E.

Jul 19, 2011
Hi,
First of all thank you for your attention of my comments, anyway I found a small bug in this app, that is if we close this app using a task killer or clean master apps or anything have the capability of stop the service then this app not restart properly and we have to manually start the app again to get work, so can you fixed this bug, because as far as I believe the app should be in active status of anytime, hope you will consider about it, finally are you going to implement the location savings things in your app

Hi chorauoc,

I'm working on your bug as we speak :) I will implement the location saving feature, but probably not until after Christmas at this stage

N.M.E.

Jul 19, 2011
You legend! Works brilliantly been telling everyone about this as all my mates have kids and a few with teenagers! (Remember the good old 'I'm staying at such and suches' and they say their staying at yours lmfao). Going to have a few scared kids wondering how we know where they are! :D:D:D

You're welcome mate. I had fun doing it! More than happy to consider any other features you may want too.

chorauoc

Nov 29, 2013
Really nice to see a idea implement by a developer

Dear Friend,

Really nice to see a idea implement by a developer , waiting for updates :cyclops::laugh:

Reactions: N.M.E.

chorauoc

Nov 29, 2013
Another idea for your app

Hi
I would like to suggest another idea for your application and it will not consume battery and not may need frequently location monitoring, so my idea is can you implement a method which will send a location details to the white list contact and it should be trigger only when user press a button for a certain time, simply means if you can send location back when we press power button or volume button three or four times repeatedly then this app can use in a emergency where user unable to text a sms for the location and he can send details simply press a button and other end receive a SMS saying "I am in a trouble, please use these location details to track me" , so can you do this too

Note:
Also note sometimes (not all the time) this app not properly restart & work (means not received sms back to us) after we reboot the phone and we have to manually restart it to work, hope you deal with this one too

Last edited:

N.M.E.

Jul 19, 2011
Hi
I would like to suggest another idea for your application and it will not consume battery and not may need frequently location monitoring, so my idea is can you implement a method which will send a location details to the white list contact and it should be trigger only when user press a button for a certain time, simply means if you can send location back when we press power button or volume button three or four times repeatedly then this app can use in a emergency where user unable to text a sms for the location and he can send details simply press a button and other end receive a SMS saying "I am in a trouble, please use these location details to track me" , so can you do this too

Note:
Also note sometimes (not all the time) this app not properly restart & work (means not received sms back to us) after we reboot the phone and we have to manually restart it to work, hope you deal with this one too

I also think this would be outside the scope of this app, but like I said before, I'd be happy to look at coding another with these sorts of features.

What phone are you using?? This app is set to load on boot completed, so shouldn't have an issue. I've seen one issue where you can receive an SMS as you start your phone that may not get responded to as the app hasn't launched yet, but I'm not sure there's much I can do about that.

chorauoc

Nov 29, 2013
Test Results of the paid version

Hello Friend,

I just able to install your app and also be able to check it via several options, here my test results

Test Results

01. Try out the all the features in the app such as SMS tiger, case Sensitivity, Short URL, Blacklist,Location Timeout, Stealth SMS
Result: All of them work as fine except the feature called Stealth SMS, even though i enable or disable it nothing will happens, so you must double check it

Note: I did not check the option called "Hide App icon" because i do not know how to restore it back, so if you tel me how to do that then i can check that too

02. Then I forcefully stop the app via running services, but the app did not restarted , so I just restated my phone and then your app began to work properly, so i think you must implement a way to restart the app even we stop it via running services

03. Then i Killed your app using the app called " Advanced Task Killer" and fortunately your app restarted back and performed work properly, so you app past for the test via Advanced Task Killer App

04. But friend when I killed your app using Clean Master, It took some reasonable time to restart back (Almost took 8 or 9 Minutes) , and that time I noted that the Main process took longer time to restart and firstly it tries to restart when I closed the app using clean master but it failed and able to restart the main process after several attempts and it took some reasonable time,

I thing your app's main process failed to restart at once as it did in my test number 03 (ATK)

So, all the other features working fine , and here i add screen for you convenience

pggD8fS

2juNbfj

cBUyHEc

ELYzZbG

Or you can download images via below links
01, 02, 03, 04

N.M.E.

Jul 19, 2011
Awesome! Thanks so much for all your effort on this. I will get to rectifying the issues :)

pixmeknot

Jan 31, 2014
Hi

Note:

This is a great idea, when i first looked at the app i was trying to figure out uses for the app and the most i could come up with was for friends meetups and things like that.. But this emergency idea is totally awesome. I urge the developer to look into this idea.

chorauoc

Nov 29, 2013
method to hide unhide app

Hello friend,
Rather than installing seperate unhider application to restore back the app can you implement this method so we do not need separate app to do this

Method that I propose is, can we use a dialpad secret code to restoring process, means at the app level we define a secret code via dialpad and then we will hide the app, so if we need to get app to view simply we will go to the dialpad and type that numer code, then the app should appears back, so in this way we can hide unhide app much easily than use seperate app, so can you implement this method

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

So I decided to create an app based on a simple idea my fiance gave me, and thought I'd come to you guys for some feedback.

In a nutshell, it's an app that will respond to an SMS trigger with the users current location.

1. Someone SMSs you "Where R U?"
    2. Your phone works out its location to the closest 100m (if possible)
    3. The app generates a google maps link
    4. The app SMSs it back

That's the core of the app, but I've also created a "premium" version that has some other features such as a customisable sms trigger, geotagging, blacklist/whitelist options among others

What I'm hoping to get is a bit of feedback on my app and perhaps the way I'm going about a paid version of it. I'm very open to suggestions and I'm happy to provide the apk to the full version for those who want to try it.

Here's the link

Cheers!
    Thanks!! Any chance you can leave me a rating? :)
    Thanks guys! Appreciate it
    Hi, I was wondering if you can please provide information about how to use the black list/white list thing in free version, because I only want to send replies only one person so if I enable white list and add that specific contact to the back list /whitelist list, then will it work or not. I need an answer for this from you and asked from you to add details about this list configuration information on the Google play

Hi chorauoc,

Simply set the blacklist type to "whitelist", then add the contact you want to the list. The app will then ignore requests from anyone else :) Sorry for the ambiguous use of "blacklist", but I didn't really know what else to call it ;) I'll update the app description to make it a little easier to understand.

Thanks for the feedback!