[ROM][2Aug] Three Musketeers Total Senseless 4.1.1 'WTF Edition' | *Discontinued*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
@Vertigo

installed Rom. these are my first fidings:

Setting-up procedure was completely skipped??
Not all languages are inside (ex English (nederlands))
Mobile date works after deleting APN And re-enter it.
Wifi I don't know yet (still at work:D)
will update asap

Thanx
Yeah unfortunately, it won't run through AOSP setup wizard and if I'd have left the HTC setup wizard in, that seems to skip setting up data, so to be honest not much point in leaving it in if you've got to set data up anyway lol

Languages... I will look to add more, this is just an update with the new base, there will be more AOSP themed apps and more stuff added as I go on

patience88

Aug 5, 2006
Yeah unfortunately, it won't run through AOSP setup wizard and if I'd have left the HTC setup wizard in, that seems to skip setting up data, so to be honest not much point in leaving it in if you've got to set data up anyway lol

Languages... I will look to add more, this is just an update with the new base, there will be more AOSP themed apps and more stuff added as I go on

Thanx, but I wasn't complaining lol Just wanted to let you know my expiriences :)

john2296

Apr 24, 2011
Hey vertigo great work on the last update...really great woork :)...i found a few problems again wirlth just the people app ..when u try and save a contact for the first time it asks u which account to save it to...ona white background..cant see it..2..when u set up an account youcant switch (eg save to google accoun or phone) if im wrong pls tell me ...and again simply amazing work love it!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
You do realise that if you save the number to your phone it gets backed up to your Google account anyway, unless you turn syncing off.

patience88

Aug 5, 2006
Update. Been testing this rom for about a hour now. And there is only one conlusiun possible. This rom rocks. It's fast, no bugs till now battery life looks ok (but need more time to get a good idea). Wifi&data connection are working. Resuming, mr. Vertigo you did a wonderful job!! Thank you very much. A beer is comming your way real soon. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Wow thanks man... glad to hear you're liking it... makes it worth doing lol ;) I'm sure the other musketeers will be pleased to hear that as well.

There is a couple of anomalies with the contacts app which once sorted we will release an update zip...

Sent from my One X using xda premium

.:Petunia:.

Oct 6, 2011
i'm using this rom since early morning and i'm very, very confident. I can not tell about battery though, since i've been using my phone extraordinary heavy today. normal use tomorrow i guess, so i can tell more then ;-)

tommycathh

Sep 19, 2010
great rom , wifi and data connection works perfectly. I love the speed of this rom. if only it had more options in the sound enhancer

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
great rom , wifi and data connection works perfectly. I love the speed of this rom. if only it had more options in the sound enhancer

I've got the music app from Insanely Cool Sense rom, courtesy of Ben which has a lot better enhancements, just didn't have it in time to put in this rom, so it will be in the next update, along with a few more themed apps and a better contacts app once I've done it ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

alfchin

Mar 15, 2011
when i try to use adb shell from my pc,
it always shows error msg :-exec 'system/bin/sh' failed :no such a file or directory (2)
how to fix it?
also could you plz tell me how you make the wifi fix?because my XL has the new HBOOT and now the DHCP doesn't work

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
when i try to use adb shell from my pc,
it always shows error msg :-exec 'system/bin/sh' failed :no such a file or directory (2)
how to fix it?
also could you plz tell me how you make the wifi fix?because my XL has the new HBOOT and now the DHCP doesn't work
Well I've not removed anything from the bin folder, just basically stripped sense out. I've just had a look and its not there in cb.de's rom which is the base for this, so that could be the reason why it doesn't work...

As for the Wifi, I ended up changing the modules in system/lib/modules for the ones from my old rom and it seemed to solve it, but I'm not 100% on how it would be with new hboot.

I may have to go back to stock later and see if there is an ota available, because I wanna try the touch recovery for the new hboot ;)

DominikReber

Jun 1, 2011
Hm, I cannot setup Office 365 Exchange account with this rom..
Strange... never had a single issue with that, flashed it twice and could it set up, but it gives then an error message while syncing...
Flashed another rom and it did work again...

Any security features you ripped?

Thanks

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Hm, I cannot setup Office 365 Exchange account with this rom..
Strange... never had a single issue with that, flashed it twice and could it set up, but it gives then an error message while syncing...
Flashed another rom and it did work again...

Any security features you ripped?

Thanks
Not taken any security features out (that I know of anyway), have you tried the same thing on the latest cb.de rom?

patience88

Aug 5, 2006
Hi all, one quick question. I just can't figure out how to use usb internet pass trough :eek::eek:. The usb connection is totaly different in this version.

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Hi all, one quick question. I just can't figure out how to use usb internet pass trough :eek::eek:. The usb connection is totaly different in this version.
Yeah thats because I've taken the Sense usb mounting apk out, I've attached the apk so if you adb push it to the phone you will be able to use it

Attachments

• PCSC.apk
    225.9 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREE MUSKETEERS Proudly Presents....

TOTAL SENSELESS

* Senseless * Blazing Fast * AOSP Themed * Tweaked *​

ROMInfo.png

* 2.33.720.2 Base
    * build.prop Tweaks
    * init.d Tweaks
    * Pre-Rooted
    * AOSP Themed Keyboard
    * Apex Launcher
    * AOSP Themed MMS
    * AOSP Themed Contacts
    * AOSP Themed Gmail
    * AOSP Themed YouTube
    * AOSP Themed Calculator
    * AOSP Themed Email
    * AOSP Themed Calculator

Apps Removed...
    * Just about as much HTC Sense as I could manage ;)
    * Polaris Office
    * eReader
    * Stock App
    * Talkback
    * Facebook
    * Twitter and much more

Whats left of stock HTC...
    * Camera (I personally think that stock camera app is better)

Apps Added
    * Dropbox
    * ESFile Explorer
    * Rom Manager
    * SuperSU

Changelog.png

Code:
    30 Apr. Initial Rom on new Base...

3 May. Removed more Sense
              Added Themed keyboard
              Added more AOSP Themed Apps
              Sorted WiFi - Thanks to the testers ;)

22 May. Removed just about all of sense now
                Removed Sense Camera
                Gallery now works with Camera
                Lost of Inverted apps added

11 June  Updated to New Official ICS Base
                 Sense Camera left in
                 Sense Gallery left in so it works with Camera
                 Choice of Two Launchers (Apex & Miui)

2 Aug   Updated to latest base 2.33.720.2
                Removed most of the inverted apps
                Added AOSP apps back
                Updated all apps
                Removed Apex and gone back to Trebuchet Launcher and Updated to latest MIUI Launcher
                Added hboot check in installer script (thanks fshami)

PLEASE NOTE... I've tried to make the rom as light as possible, by removing as much as possible... I WILL NOT be adding to it, If you want extra apps, download them yourself.

Install.png

1. Root your Device and Get Recovery - Use one of these tutorials: Vertigo or Shingers5.
    2. Check you hboot by booting into bootloader... If you're on 1.25 you will need to edit the vold.fstab file in the rom zip
    Open the zip and go to /system/etc and open vold.fstab up in notepad and find this line

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 34 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc0

where it says 34 you will need to change that to 33, save the file in the rom zip and put on your sdcard on the phone.
    3. Complete Wipe through CWM
    4. In CWM, Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik and Battery Stats.
    5. Install .zip file, then flash root tool from here http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1110645&d=1338987245
    6. Reboot then enjoy :D

Q%26A.png

Not Rooted?

Shouldn't be an issue now as I updated it but if not, go to SuperSU and open it and it should update, then goto playstore and update the app too. Look in post 3 for the latest root tool, which you will now need

3G Not Working?

Go to settings > more > mobile networks > make sure Data Enabled is ticked

Still no 3G?

Go to access point names and click on your operator and make a note of the settings, then delete APN and then add new APN from menu and put all same settings back in (Don't ask me why this works, but it does ;))

Credits
    * fshami for allowing me to use hboot script
    * Benjamin.j.Goodwin for the help
    * Shingers5 for his tireless testing and feedback
    * Dutch Danny for all the help and patience :D
    * dsixda for the kitchen
    * XDA for just about everything else

Download.png

Added to Dev-host so downloads should be fairly fast ... :)

New UPDATE... 3 Musketeers_Total_Senseless-v4.1.1 'WTF Edition'

DOWNLOAD
    If you're on the Latest version version of my senseless rom which is based on the OTA update and new hboot you will need the new root tool attached ;)

You will need to flash this in CWM
    I can vouch and state that it took [vertigo] a long time and a lot of work to get this ROM working on the new base and lots of wasted hours to make sure it retained it's theme.

These little bugs don't stop the phone working and if I am completely honest, they are small aesthetic things. Maybe show some appreciation for the work that was done here as I saw you asking for this ROM from another SXL dev yet it was here already and thanks to the hard work of [vertigo]. If you report 'bugs' do so tacifully and with respect. I know for a fact that a lot of time was spent on this, time which he could have been spending lazy in the sunshine soaking up rays and getting a lovely gay boy tan ;) instead he worked hard to get the new base working with this senseless ROM. He loves senseless and does his best to make sure everyone else gets to enjoy it too.

I am not having a go merely stating that maybe reporting with some positive feedback and what you like and then maybe mention what little issues you have. You state them like it breaks your phone or stops it working as a daily driver.

Anyway, rant over peace out :D
    Well there should be an update soon, just testing it now, got data straight away and setup wizard working, and its total aosp this time, I've even taken HTC camera out.

We're working on Sense 4 at the minute, we've got camera working properly with a 3rd party app (lgcamera) display is working fine, as is camcorder and front facing camera, everything is working properly with the camera, but in the process of doing that we've broke the wifi, so just trying to sort that now lol... Once we've got that sorted we will release and then start on other stuff

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium