[Q] Why Can't I Use Custom Roms

Search This thread

sholsten

Jun 30, 2012
Kennett, MO.
Every time i install any of the custom rom on my Hong Kong GT-N7105; the screen flickers on the Samsung intro screen and then it goes dark. If I press the buttons a few times it'll finally come on, but it does it every reboot. It also doesn't recognize the SD card and corrupts it. I'll finally get aggravated & go back to stock. What can I do different?

Another question. Why do I have to wipe & reset settings every time before it will reboot on stock after I install it with Odin?

AcoAlex

Jan 17, 2011
I got an answer 4 u bro. Dont root it again and stop doing it, ok. If u don't know what you doing, then don't do it. It's 4 your own good ;) peace-out

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

sholsten

Jun 30, 2012
Kennett, MO.
Well, that's about what I decided to do. I don't like stock 4.1.1 looking like Gingerbread. I sure had a lot better luck doing my Note 1 that is when i stayed away from the D2att Roms.

colint3

Mar 20, 2009
Make sure you are installing a custom rom for the N7105 because the roms for the N7100 don't work on the N7105.

ahkiongkc

Feb 24, 2013
Malaysia
I have the same issue like yours few days ago but i manage to solve it. The problem lies with the root file. May i know what file did you use to root your phone? I use cf-auto-note2 on my N7100 but after changing it to CWM.... it works like charm. Do try it out.

Previously... after root or flash custom rom, my screen flickered. After changing to the right root file.... it is solved 100%

sholsten

Jun 30, 2012
Kennett, MO.
I have the same issue like yours few days ago but i manage to solve it. The problem lies with the root file. May i know what file did you use to root your phone? I use cf-auto-note2 on my N7100 but after changing it to CWM.... it works like charm. Do try it out.

Previously... after root or flash custom rom, my screen flickered. After changing to the right root file.... it is solved 100%
Sorry, I just now saw your response. I use the SuperSU 0.99 root file in the Note 2 Tool kit. There's a Superuser 3.1.3 but it wouldn't install. I'll look for & try the one you suggested. Thanks...

ahkiongkc

Feb 24, 2013
Malaysia
Reactions: sholsten

sholsten

Jun 30, 2012
Kennett, MO.
Well, I tried to install the Paranoid JB again and it flickered on the boot again and goes black. I couldn't wake it up til I reinstalled stock again. I may just have to bite the bullet and run stock.

Top Liked Posts