[APP][4.1+] Notifyer Unread Count

Search This thread

tom.pratt

Aug 15, 2013
Version 2.1 has now been released into the Play Store.

Thanks everyone who helped with testing. I'll continue to release new features to the beta test group as I develop them and anyone else who would like to join can do so by messaging me on here.

Here are some of the next features on the to do list:
- improved icon pack support (been promising this for ages I know!)
- notification bubble design screen, will let you pick shapes and colours etc to customise the notification bubble
- notification drawer swipe to reset counters. Using the Android 4.3+ notification listener service, Notifyer widget counts will be reset by swiping away notifications from the drawer as well as by opening up the app itself.

tom.pratt

Aug 15, 2013
İ am waiting Cm 11 4.4.2 support .. Thanks

GT-I9100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Hi is Notifyer not working for you then? It works on my S2 which is running cm 11 4.4.2

The most common reason for Notifyer to not be working is because it is not functioning as an accessibility service. If it is definitely enabled in accessibility then there can also be a problem when running multiple accessibility services. Try disabling any other accessibility services you might have.

Reactions: Vlad Paul

iceman_34

May 27, 2012
Istanbul
I am using notifyer + .. İncoming mail count 3 etc. (cm11 mail app) .. Noyifyer+ widget mail count 10 .. i dont understand thanks

GT-I9100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

sconly

Feb 26, 2012
Lancashire
I'm hoping someone can help/advise me, please.

I have a HTC Desire running a custom rom (Mildwild) based on Android 2.3.7 with widgetlocker lockscreen. I've placed widgets on widgetlocker for calls and text (stock app and chomp sms) but for some reason only the calls widget is showing the missed calls count.

I'm pretty sure I've got the settings right and I've also tried with just 1 of the messaging apps and rebooted.

Please help.

Thanks

alfamau

Dec 17, 2008
KitKat 4.4.4?

Hello TinglyBill.

I found your application when I were looking for an app or an alternative method to have unread count in whatsapp icon.
I've downloaded it from Google Play but I'm unable to make it working!

Before all, I have one rooted Sony Xperia Z1 compact with KitKat 4.4.4 (build 14.4.A.0.108).
I've enabled Accesibility Service; it's the unique Service enabled;
I create the icon with the 1X1 widget; on Counting Behavior I check App Notification (but also Missed Calls and SMS).
I try Count Blank Notifications but nothing to do! It don't work anymore!

Do I wrong something?
Or it's a Sony problem?
Or at last it's a KitKat 4.4.4 problem?

Thank you for your effort and your help.

Edit:
Ohps! After many chnges and restarts, now it works!
I think the solution was to uncheck and renable Service and after restart phone.
But the important is NOW IT WORKS!!!
Thank you very much the same!

Last edited:

lavano

Nov 5, 2010
Hi Tom,

Great app, I love it! All is working fine. The only problem I have is that when I added the widget for my calendar (standard Android), the notification showed up and immediately disappeared again.
Please, can you help me with that?

Alex

I'm using a Motorola Moto G, (stock) Android 4.4.2.

Update:
Sorry Tom, I guess I wasn't patient enough. When the notification of my appointment came up it did also on the calendar icon.
What I would like is that the notification balloon already appears when an appointment on that day exists. Whether or not if I have set a notification time for it. Is that also possible?

Thanks!

Last edited:

NexusGTS

Dec 23, 2012
Bucharest
Beta Testing

Currently looking for users who are interested in beta testing Notifyer. A few new features, you can see the screen shots at the end of this thread. Lots of behind the scenes improvements and restructuring to the project to make it easier to work on and add lots of new features in the near future.

Please PM me your Google account email address if you would like to become a tester and I will send you the invitation. There are beta versions of Notifyer+ and Notifyer Free, let me know which one you want to try.

I'm particularly interested to hear feedback about updating to the beta version over the top of the current official version. I want to make sure that no existing widgets or settings get lost in the update. It seems fine from my testing so far but just want to absolutely confirm this.

Cheers and please get in touch!

Notifyer
Hi everyone, here's my app Notifyer. Provides a notification bubble over your app icons like on iOS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.cornwall_solutions.notifyer

Notifyer runs as an accessibility service, you just replace your regular app icons with 1x1 Notifyer widgets and then choose which app to monitor. Settings are provided to adjust for alignment, size etc to blend in with your launcher.

I'm new to app development and this is my first ever app. I don't have a huge amount of programming experience so keen to tap into the expertise XDA has to offer. I'm hoping to recruit some testers running 4.3 to help me implement the new notification listener service but that will be a bit later on. Please get in touch if you spot any issues.

Cheers guys, let me know what you think.
Tom

Pics.
Screenshot_2013-06-20-18-46-14_zpscb364f90.png

and a couple from Notifyer+ which is the paid version. Supports some themes and icon packs, has a couple of calendar icons with correct date (like iOS) and a few other extra features.
Screenshot_2013-08-06-12-25-42_zpsc6ec6b6b.png
Screenshot_2013-08-06-12-25-41_zps0b193be2.png

Great app , but could you make a option to add widgets in a folder ? I want to add social apps widgets in a folder so that they don't get all my home screen and also i can't place the widgets on the bottom of the screen with the app drawner button , call button etc
I am on cm 11 uaing stock launcher
Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nicka3200

Dec 28, 2011
You can only place widgets in the dock on launchers that support the function (Holo, Apex, Nova etc). It's a launcher restriction not an app restriction.

tom.pratt

Aug 15, 2013
Beta Testing

Notifyer+ users who would like to try the beta versions, please get in touch.

I am finally working on Notifyer again after trying to get round to it for months. There is a version of Notifyer+ in beta which I would like to release as soon as possible. So beta feedback would be very much appreciated at this time. Most importantly I need to know that after installing the update, your existing widgets and settings continue to work (works fine in my testing but so important to get right!)

Once this version is out I can focus on smaller and more interesting features and improvements.
PM me
Thanks

tom.pratt

Aug 15, 2013
Notification Access

Notifyer is now able to use Android's Notification Listener Service (Android 4.4+) to provide a more accurate unread count for the majority of apps. Choose between Notification Access or Accessibility in the count behaviour options for each widget. Accessibility may still work better for certain apps.

Get in touch to try out this feature in the beta channel.

siddartha

Jun 11, 2009
I use this perfect App many times and now on my new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 crashed the app any time. I payed for this app. Please help :)

I use Apex Launcher with iconpacks. Phone is not rooted at the moment.
With default icons work it.

Edit: if i install all und setup with default icons a d after this change to custom icons, all works fine. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notification Access

Notifyer is now able to use Android's Notification Listener Service (Android 4.4+) to provide a more accurate unread count for the majority of apps. Choose between Notification Access or Accessibility in the count behaviour options for each widget. Accessibility may still work better for certain apps.

Beta Testing

Notification access is now available in the beta channel and provides a much enhanced experience. Any help to test out this crucial new feature will allow me to get it released and then to move on to some nice new features and improvements! Notifyer now also uses Material theming and provides better adjustment options to correctly align Notifyer widgets.

PM me if you're interested in beta testing.
    Thanks

Notifyer
    Hi everyone, here's my app Notifyer. Provides a notification bubble over your app icons like on iOS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.cornwall_solutions.notifyer

Notifyer runs as a Notification Listener Service and/or as an Accessibility Service, you just replace your regular app icons with 1x1 Notifyer widgets and then choose which app to monitor. Settings are provided to adjust for alignment, size etc to blend in with your launcher.

Cheers guys, let me know what you think.
    Tom

Pics.
    Screenshot_2013-06-20-18-46-14_zpscb364f90.png

and a couple from Notifyer+ which is the paid version. Supports some themes and icon packs, has a couple of calendar icons with correct date (like iOS) and a few other extra features.
    Screenshot_2013-08-06-12-25-42_zpsc6ec6b6b.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-06-12-25-41_zps0b193be2.png
    Hi guys. I'm working on an update at the moment for the first time in ages. I'm making a few little tweaks to make Notifyer more compatible with Android 4.3 and 4.4 (new fonts etc). Also adding some extra features like a screen for building custom notification bubbles.

Hoping to create a proper lock screen widget for Notifyer too as a follow up update. In the meantime you can use something like WidgetLocker to add Notifyer widgets to the lock screen. There is an option in Notifyer called Hide If Zero Notifications, meant for Notifyer widgets on widgetlocker. Just means they are hidden until you get some notifications.

Keep an eye out for the updates. There will be more feature available in the free version and some brand new features in the paid.

Please post up any suggestions or features requests.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Hi still working on it whenever I get the chance. Pretty busy at work and everything but doing my best to push on with the update.

I will set up a beta testing group soon for anyone who wants to try out the new features early.
    Version 2.1 has now been released into the Play Store.

Thanks everyone who helped with testing. I'll continue to release new features to the beta test group as I develop them and anyone else who would like to join can do so by messaging me on here.

Here are some of the next features on the to do list:
    - improved icon pack support (been promising this for ages I know!)
    - notification bubble design screen, will let you pick shapes and colours etc to customise the notification bubble
    - notification drawer swipe to reset counters. Using the Android 4.3+ notification listener service, Notifyer widget counts will be reset by swiping away notifications from the drawer as well as by opening up the app itself.
    Is there plans to update the app to use the notification listener from Android 4.3 and up?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Hi Callum, good question and it's something I've looked into in quite some depth. The main problem is that the notification listener service is good for displaying individual notifications, but it doesn't particularly lend itself to counting notifications.

Think of a messaging app like Whatsapp for example. When you receive a new message the notification listener will tell you. When you receive a second message without having read the first one Whatsapp will replace its existing notification with one that tells you that you have two unread notifications but there is still only one active notification. Notifyer doesn't actually know how many messages are there, it can't read the notification and it cant see into Whatsapp to find out, but it can count each time a notification arrives. Now imagine that you go into Whatsapp and read one of your two new messages. Now Whatsapp will update its existing notification to say that you have one new message. Notifyer can see that the notification has been modified but the problem is that Notifyer doesn't know how much the count should go down by (how many messages you actually opened). At the moment it just works by resetting the count to zero whenever you close down that particular app, which is possible with accessibility services but not the notification listener (accessibility services can see other things than notifications such as what app is currently occupying the screen).

That's just one example but bear in mind that in top of that, different Android apps work in massively different ways when it comes to notifications and unfortunately the notification listener service just does provide all information needed for Notifyer to figure an accurate count.

Hope that explains it, I know it seems crazy not to be using it for an app like this and I was slightly disappointed when I realised that it wasn't going to work.

Cheers,
    Tom