[tweak] improve 3d performance of lg p500 - updated

Search This thread

fundoozzz

Sep 21, 2011
New Delhi
wanna improve 3d performance..!!!
install chainfire 3d and see the difference.... it worked for me every time but can't guarantee
... so keep your nandroid backups ready...

abhis3k

Oct 5, 2011
Hooghly
I have checked. Seems to improve benchmark a little. But bootloops with cm7 nightly. Works fine with oxygen.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

dancom96

Sep 19, 2011
yea I guess that should be caped at 60... our eye only sees at 50, so setting to 280 may only allow UI to jump the CPU... and lag...

I was born in the '90's... 1290's >:)
LCD/LED screen support a max of 300:D

I was born in the '90's... 1290's >:)
Read this http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm
There is no specific "hz/FPS" at which our eyes see at, and as well, the majority of LCD's including the one in our phone only displays at 60hz.

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Reactions: zakk87

dnle71

Nov 9, 2011
i can confirm this improve my antutu 3d score about a hundred points:D:D! but the build.prop tweak moved my system app dalvik cache back to data/dalvikcache..:confused::confused:

anyway nice..

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
i can confirm this improve my antutu 3d score about a hundred points:D:D! but the build.prop tweak moved my system app dalvik cache back to data/dalvikcache..:confused::confused:

anyway nice..
Can Someone on Oxygen please test if the same thing happens with default optimus one libs, but changing egl.cfg to 0 1 adreno200, or just flash the file after deletting the adreno files.
As someone mentioned earlier the libs seem the same size as default but changing the cfg file forces adreno libs as well as deleting libgles

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

BTW flashing the files and changing everything in build props except for
ro.secure=0
dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode=false
dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1
persist.android.strictmode=0
ro.min_pointer_dur=1
(in the spirit of testing things for yourself lol not just following the trend =p)
and my windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=120

my antutu score on 787Mhz is 686 =)

so you really dont need those other lines that i mentioned.

P.s im on ta 1.2 kernel on cm nightlies

Last edited:

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
please ignore this post, it's me sleeping holding the phone in my hands! :)

Last edited:

sqbo

Jul 25, 2011
Kosice
Flashed to ZTE Blade . . .
In first 3D test in antutu :
before 60fps now 51fps
second test :
before 18fps now 21,5fps

3fps . . . but i edited build.prop at notepad :D maybe i edited it wrong :D

Reactions: sujiththycattussery

nikhilkaushik

Dec 12, 2011
New Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
HTC Marvel (WFS)

I flashed it on WFS when I was using a custom ROM, it worked.... My fps score earlier was 57.29 but later it came to 59.12.... And my antutu score also increased by almost 100 points.
But later when I flashed it to stock ROM without any extra tweaks, :-( it gave me a problem. I stopped receiving network. I tried it twice.... Flashing of OS was fine but whenever I flashed the file and changed the build.prop. Just with the next restart it just stopped working....
Well if anyone can find any work around then please do let me know because I not according to fps score but my WFS became more stable with the tweak.

rk00064

Dec 11, 2011
RK world
rk00064.blogspot.com
I flashed it on WFS when I was using a custom ROM, it worked.... My fps score earlier was 57.29 but later it came to 59.12.... And my antutu score also increased by almost 100 points.
But later when I flashed it to stock ROM without any extra tweaks, :-( it gave me a problem. I stopped receiving network. I tried it twice.... Flashing of OS was fine but whenever I flashed the file and changed the build.prop. Just with the next restart it just stopped working....
Well if anyone can find any work around then please do let me know because I not according to fps score but my WFS became more stable with the tweak.

This tweak is working in certain roms.... soon it will work on all gb roms...

gimme a THANKS for the tweak

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
This tweak is working in certain roms.... soon it will work on all gb roms...

gimme a THANKS for the tweak
hey did you see my previous post, you dont need some build prop hacks to make the tweak works, I would say the main thing is turning on GPU usage for UI and hardware acceleration. This might mean that if so, the tweak can be used on most ROMs, as some are sensetive to buid.prop changes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I started new thread with new libs here

this is libs were ported from xperia x8 section, as lg p500 n x8 has same adreno gpu this tweak works in both..

i tried it in oxygen rom 2.3.2 and Slimgen v1.5.1

it works it will improve 3d scores and improve game performance

Instructions:
    1. Download New Adreno Libs

2. Remove libGLES_android.so from /system/lib/egl

3. Flash new adreno libs

4. Add this @ ur build.prop
    Code:
    Code:
    debug.sf.hw=1
    debug.composition.type=gpu
    ro.secure=0
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=280
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode=false
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1
    persist.android.strictmode=0
    ro.min_pointer_dur=1

5. Reboot, Enjoy

NOTE ; 1) PLS BACKUP before trying anything
    2) i have tried it in only oxygen rom 2.3.2 and Slimgen v1.5.1

TO download New Adreno Libs and for screenshots and instructions with pictures see this link http://rk00064.blogspot.in/2012/03/improve-lg-optimus-one-p500-3d.html

This thread is on xda News , check this out http://www.xda-developers.com/android/tweak-for-lg-p500-increases-3d-graphics-performance/

say thanks to LtHuNTer_StepheN

Dont forget to press THANKS button

Visit RK world for everyone my blog for games, tweaks, gadgets, hacks, and more cool stuff

Also Like Facebook fan page
    guys i have tested it. After flashing it and changing build.prop , i got an antutu 3d score of about 676 and in neocore 62.9fps oc at 768mhz.... as i already mentioned i have tested it in oxygen n slimgen roms, it really works ...

u can try it , there is no harm in it...

I hope u ppl press THANKS button for this :) :)... thank u
    Congrats OP! i got here coz you are on the XDA news! gotta try! this! hope it will works on cm7
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=v,o=y seems to be the offendant line, removing it will allow me to boot fine, othewise i get a bootloop in CM nightlies... (wiping dalvik does not help..)

Even though it boots, it doesnt do justice in traditional benchs, neocore (61.7) and quadrant (1024) @748 performance, those are practically the same scores i usually get without this tweak...

havent tried antutu nor playing games yet...

BTW, theres kinda similar tweak in optimus black
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1323005

I'm seriously talking abt oxygen n slimgen roms, i have tested only in those two... soon i ll test with nfe rom.... i was getting around 57fps in neocore in oxygen after adding this tweak it improved to around 62fps... it is really good rite
    I tried on Xperia x8 i did everything like said in the thread and did test i Antutu and nothing change...

dude, it was ported by x8 only... ur x8 roms already has it, so no change