secure booting error ...what d do

Search This thread

jeff5347

Feb 29, 2012
Mass
ok so I was running slim 1.9 on my att g2. I wanted to try a different kernel so I tried houstonns pa d800 kernel. Saw that it was running well on another members slim so gave It whirl. Rebooted phone and it came up to the lg logo and in the upper left something to the effect "secure booting error". Now im not able to get into recovery to just reflash the rom or kernel. Screen is on but dimly lit.
Is there any way to get into recovery or what do I do

jeff5347

Feb 29, 2012
Mass
OK I finally got it. Was constantly trying to get in recovery after about 50 yes 50 times I got it phew. Was pooping my pants

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

jeff5347

Feb 29, 2012
Mass
Ok for anyone that runs into this...You have to get back into recovery. With mine I could tell my screen was on only if I was in a dark room but no display . You can see its kinda lit. Hold the power button for 15 or so seconds. You will see the screen shut off for that split second. Right away press Volume down & Power, when the LG logo appears release and press them again, then press the Power button three times! From there I flashed a kernel I knew worked or you can reflash your ROM. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: alone-together

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok for anyone that runs into this...You have to get back into recovery. With mine I could tell my screen was on only if I was in a dark room but no display . You can see its kinda lit. Hold the power button for 15 or so seconds. You will see the screen shut off for that split second. Right away press Volume down & Power, when the LG logo appears release and press them again, then press the Power button three times! From there I flashed a kernel I knew worked or you can reflash your ROM. Hopefully this helps.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk