[Q] Safe to flash?

Search This thread

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
Hey guys!

When I downloaded the latest miui, I got, to my surprise, a .bin file. I renamed it to .zip, and all the right contents are inside, but I don't know if it's safe to flash like this... Can I flash this or should I download from another website?

Sent from my amazing Ascend P6, powered by MIUI v5.

richish

Dec 22, 2011
Hey guys!

When I downloaded the latest miui, I got, to my surprise, a .bin file. I renamed it to .zip, and all the right contents are inside, but I don't know if it's safe to flash like this... Can I flash this or should I download from another website?

Sent from my amazing Ascend P6, powered by MIUI v5.

where did u get it ! link pls !

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I could've sworn I replied to this earlier!

It's safe to flash the zip file, as long as it's not corrupted, when you open the zip.

Make a backup of your current rom, just in case, but you shouldn't have any problems flashing it.

I've had to rename .bin files to .zip before as well, and my phone still survived. ? :D

Sent from my Huawei P6

Reactions: lootjelo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could've sworn I replied to this earlier!

It's safe to flash the zip file, as long as it's not corrupted, when you open the zip.

Make a backup of your current rom, just in case, but you shouldn't have any problems flashing it.

I've had to rename .bin files to .zip before as well, and my phone still survived. ? :D

Sent from my Huawei P6