Install htc one x drivers on Windows 8

Search This thread

DooMsLicE

Oct 21, 2009
What can you do if the phone doesn't show up in device manager? I think I have my drivers all set up correctly but I can't update them since it's not showing up in device manager. I recently upgraded from W7 to W8 and it disappeared. I'm on 4.2.2 CM10.1 and I've since uninstalled and reinstalled Sync Manager. Is there any way to get the One X to show up in my device manager? The only thing I have is 'Android USB Devices -> My HTC'...nothing in my 'Other devices'.

I'm having the same issue. Nothing shows up under other devices besides my Bluetooth manager. I have tried everything. Not sure what to do.

Any ideas peeps?

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
I'm having the same issue. Nothing shows up under other devices besides my Bluetooth manager. I have tried everything. Not sure what to do.
Any ideas peeps?

Under my experience, it can sometimes happen because of an underpowered USB port. Usually with USB hubs (splitters).
Try connecting your phone directly to the back USB ports, and also try switching cables.
Also, in extreme cases, it may be a faulty cable. Make sure it works on other computers.
As a last resort, try re-installing the motherboard chipset drivers. It may be a USB thing.

However - if none of that seems to work, and you have a x64 system - you might need to disable driver signature checking.
For that you have to reboot into 'advanced startup' (previously F8, now you do it from the Charms (Win+C)->Settings->"Change PC Settings"->General->"Advanced Startup: Restart now".
There you will have an option to restart to advanced startup and disable driver signature checking.

Reactions: surya1313

hearthacker

Jan 2, 2009
You can download HTC Sync Manager from(link) which can be installed on Windows 8 (although it may not run properly!).
This will install the correct HTC Drivers (32 or 64 bit) v3.0.0.023 which are later than the driver above.
If you don't require Sync Manager then that can be uninstalled afterwards without uninstalling the drivers.

I installed the HTC SYnc Manager on Windows 8 but when I goto the device manager, it shows the driver version to be 2.0.7.23 and the date is 11/1/2013.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Basically installing windows 7 drivers on windows 8

Because when u install HTC sync their r no specific drivers for windows 8 so the driver folder is empty

1. jump on a windows 7 computer 32 or 64 bit the same as the windows 8 computer
    2. download this the htc drivers HTCDriver install them
    3. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver copy the files and put them on the windows 8 computer
    4. windows key + r to open the device manager then look under the other devices right click htc than update driver
    5. click browse my computer for driver software then browser and find the drivers from the windows 7 computer
    6. it well install and work fine

05525ffaff514af17ddcfca28e8b257d91ed91d338b85292a49a542cbad3d8bc6g.jpg

if u can't get on a windows 7 computer the 64bit drivers are here Driver Files
    and start at step 4

Adb works fine HTC sync doesn't

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app
    You can download HTC Sync Manager from http://www.htc.com/uk/software/htc-sync-manager/#download which can be installed on Windows 8 (although it may not run properly!).
    This will install the correct HTC Drivers (32 or 64 bit) v3.0.0.023 which are later than the driver above.
    If you don't require Sync Manager then that can be uninstalled afterwards without uninstalling the drivers.
    If htc driver without above solution won't installing why my htc driver on widows 8 install and work .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Maybe because HTC updated HTC Sync and Sync Manager last month and they included drivers that work on windows 8 ;)