Android 4.4.4 seen by OTA update on my GPE!

Search This thread

alainalemany

Jun 14, 2008
La Habana
alemany.io
I have my AT&T HTC One converted to Google Play Edition since a while now, and I just saw the system update notification and see the 4.4.4 with just 17MB, I've downloaded and once it rebooted, something happened with the zip and cwm recovery, which gives me an error. I was too excited with the update to take note of the error, and since I rebooted again and check for a system update, it shows me my 4.4.3 as current.

I'm just notifying it.

I have no idea if this helps anyone.

Waiting4MyAndroid

Jul 22, 2012
Long Beach, CA
I have my AT&T HTC One converted to Google Play Edition since a while now, and I just saw the system update notification and see the 4.4.4 with just 17MB, I've downloaded and once it rebooted, something happened with the zip and cwm recovery, which gives me an error. I was too excited with the update to take note of the error, and since I rebooted again and check for a system update, it shows me my 4.4.3 as current.

I'm just notifying it.

I have no idea if this helps anyone.

OTA will fail on custom recovery. You should have flashed stock recovery and then took the OTA. Try erasing cache and flash stock recovery.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Side load it with stock recovery. If stock HTC recovery doesn't have sideload, you can flash it from your internal SD. No need to wait for a notification.