[ROM] MROM-Olympus [CM7] build:20130330

Search This thread

magicmt

Jul 31, 2010
anyone have an issue with Facebook / Facebook Messenger? the record voice feature says error while creating audio attachment.

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
Hello guys. I have a question.
As far as I read this is the most sable and fully functioning custom ROM so far for Atrix. Is that right?
Is there any ROM who can compete with this one in term of performance/battery life? And second question is there something that's not working?
Thanks!

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Re: [ROM] Atrix-MROM [CM7] build:20130213

Yes this is that ROM. Neutrino compares but it hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Everything works except for Webtop which only works on Blur ROMs.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Reactions: eSu.Matix

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
mmontuori,

I'm not sure where exactly it's defined (probably some makefile), but would it be possible to not define (or undefine) TINY_TOOLBOX for your next build? When that symbol is defined some tools (like ls, ln, rm etc.) are not included when compiling the toolbox binary so some apps which use toolbox instead of busybox (like AdAway) don't work properly. I think the extra tools won't make the toolbox binary grow too much larger so it doesn't seem it should be a problem. Thanks.

Last edited:

mmontuori

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2008
Columbia, SC
www.montuori.net
mmontuori,

I'm not sure where exactly it's defined (probably some makefile), but would it be possible to not define (or undefine) TINY_TOOLBOX for your next build? When that symbol is defined some tools (like ls, ln, rm etc.) are not included when compiling the toolbox binary so some apps which use toolbox instead of busybox (like AdAway) don't work properly. I think the extra tools won't make the toolbox binary grow too much larger so it doesn't seem it should be a problem. Thanks.

Of course, I will look into it for the next build...

EDIT: TONY_TOOLBOX has been disabled and will take place in the next build...

Last edited:
Reactions: ravilov

Doolittle Duckbill

Feb 14, 2012
Recklinghausen, Germany
MROM CM7 best ROM for Atrix

This is just to post my personal experience after having tried various JB versions (Jokersax, epinter, ...) and the Neutrino Rom. My Atrix has always had random reboots, was lagging, had no camera...
After switching to MROM with the Holo launcher, it seems that all the problems have disappeared! :laugh:
No reboots, fast + smooth + responsive
+++THIS IS JUST SUCH A GREAT ROM FOR THE ATRIX+++
A big thank you to MMontouri!

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
This is just to post my personal experience after having tried various JB versions (Jokersax, epinter, ...) and the Neutrino Rom. My Atrix has always had random reboots, was lagging, had no camera...
After switching to MROM with the Holo launcher, it seems that all the problems have disappeared! :laugh:
No reboots, fast + smooth + responsive
+++THIS IS JUST SUCH A GREAT ROM FOR THE ATRIX+++
A big thank you to MMontouri!

Well for the past week I've tried almost every ROM on XDA and I must agree with you that this is the best custom ROM for Atrix, but it's still Gingerbread. And if you want Gingerbread experience the stock on is the best. CM7 is just "meh". The only reason you would wanna flash custom ROM is JB in my opinion. Still a great work.

1chris89

I can't get a lot of features to work like in Widgetsoid I want to use the Screen always on widget and it simply doesn't work.

I can't turn off boot animation either.

Stelios85GR

Mar 11, 2011
Thessaloniki
1.Mysterious "System Data" file with great space 2.Battery issue

Hello guys,

I have two issues to ask about:

Observing my free space on "internal SD" and "app storage space" using Diskusage I noticed that there is a mysterious space indicated as "system data" that occupies a lot of space.
(see at the attacked pics)

I sent an email to the develop of Diskusage to ask him about what kind of files the "system data" included of:

Dear developer,

[...]My device is Motorola Atrix and I use a Cyanogenmod7 custom rom. My phone has an external sd card, an internal one and it also has a seperate space for application storage. Checking my disk usage of the internal sd and the application storage space I noticed that there is an uknown data volume indicated as "system data". This file is not visible or accecible using any file manager. Could you explain me please which exactly kind of files does diskusage name as "system data"? Thank you for your help.

Best,
S.A.

Hi Stelios,

Quick answer: I don't know :)

File system reports to my application number of free blocks, total number of blocks and I also sum up sizes of all files I found on the volume. If there is a discrepancy between values reported by filesystem and my measurements - I report it as system data. It can be block allocated for internal filesystem structures like directories and inside tables, but it can also include lost files or files I failed to access, like the directory used by android for Apps to SD support.
--
Regards,
Ivan

Yesterday I noticed a 20MB sudden reduce of my free space due to "system data" space increase.

What this mysterious space is and want kind of data does it contains?
I believe that this space is a space of remnants and useless data. For instance, after a CWM nandroid restoration in the past I had noticed that the old files had been appeared similarly as "system data". I had format the "internal SD" to delete that files but now, after a few weaks the file "system data" has been appeared again gaining more space as the time passes.

Do anyone has observe the same issue?
Any thoughts about this phenomenon?

When I charge my battery, the charging process is normal (about 1-2 hours) until it reach 95% percentage. After that value the device needs many hours to reach 100%.
I tried to fix the problem using the battery fix application after a battery calibration but with no success.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• screenshot-20130223-183617.jpg
    screenshot-20130223-183617.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 421
  • screenshot-20130223-185034.jpg
    screenshot-20130223-185034.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 415

1chris89

@Stelios85GR

I suspect you have memory compression possibly or dalvik is getting bigger to accomodate apps/ usage for optimize performance. You shouldn't worry about not having much free space in nand since nand is only about 1gb and the dalvik vm can only be 384mb maximum so you should always have 25% free space in internal nand. If your losing sd space then it's cache data so just go through your apps constantly that you use which are located on the sd, click clear cache on all apps once daily if your really that concerned. Determine what application is causing it by using a sd write log monitoring app.

To fix your battery let it run out of battery completely on it's own, then charge in "charge mode" to say 10% then just boot it up in android and charge to 100% using AC Power only. You have to use the 5.1v Motorola 800ma AC Charger only, standard 5.0v chargers won't work correctly. Once at 100% use battery calibration app to take root access and calibrate the battery data.

Coolio and good luck bro

Shaxxi

Feb 19, 2013
Thanks a lot!

Love this ROM! I've tried Eprinter's CM 10.1 JB, avatar rom, and neutrinos, yet MROM has proved to be the best most stable.
Btw, i love every feature, including the keyboard, so consider keeping this keyboard while others suggested not to.

Also, i'm not sure if it's the rom, but when I run Dolphin (browser), it runs a lot slowly than it did on stock. And even though i have the latest gapps installed, by this since play store requires adobe flash player, i cannot seem to watch some videos on browsers on my phone. For some videos, quickpic opens up to play them but for others It'll say adobe flash player is required.

How do I resolve this issue? I've found adobe apks, but only for JB phones. I don't want to switch from MROM since i find the design and stability better than what i've already tested as a newbie.

One last thing, why do I get the message when choosing the theme "Mixer-MROM" saying that this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size? If it's from the ROM, please fix it, if not please tell me what I have to do to fix it

Thanks so much for MROM.

Last edited:

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI

Love this ROM! I've tried Eprinter's CM 10.1 JB, avatar rom, and neutrinos, yet MROM has proved to be the best most stable.
Btw, i love every feature, including the keyboard, so consider keeping this keyboard while others suggested not to.

Also, i'm not sure if it's the rom, but when I run Dolphin (browser), it runs a lot slowly than it did on stock. And even though i have the latest gapps installed, by this since play store requires adobe flash player, i cannot seem to watch some videos on browsers on my phone. For some videos, quickpic opens up to play them but for others It'll say adobe flash player is required.

How do I resolve this issue? I've found adobe apks, but only for JB phones. I don't want to switch from MROM since i find the design and stability better than what i've already tested as a newbie.

One last thing, why do I get the message when choosing the theme "Mixer-MROM" saying that this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size? If it's from the ROM, please fix it, if not please tell me what I have to do to fix it

Thanks so much for MROM.

Apply anyway. All themes say that

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Shaxxi

Feb 19, 2013

I do! But if I apply anyway, I don't get the full features of the theme.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Shaxxi

Feb 19, 2013

Can you please fix adobe flash player on the next update? If I try to watch a video online, sometimes quickpic takes over but most of the time, it says that I need adobe flash player. I found AFP apks but they only seem to work with JB, and I get parsing package error if I try installing one. I used Dolphin browser/Opera Mini/Firefox beta but I get the adobe flash player required to watch videos on all of them.

mmontuori

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2008
Columbia, SC
www.montuori.net

Can you please fix adobe flash player on the next update? If I try to watch a video online, sometimes quickpic takes over but most of the time, it says that I need adobe flash player. I found AFP apks but they only seem to work with JB, and I get parsing package error if I try installing one. I used Dolphin browser/Opera Mini/Firefox beta but I get the adobe flash player required to watch videos on all of them.

The way I run flash player is by installing it from the market, there is not a direct link, but you can find it in your list of installed applications, just go to my apps, Swype left, and you should find it there.

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012

The way I run flash player is by installing it from the market, there is not a direct link, but you can find it in your list of installed applications, just go to my apps, Swype left, and you should find it there.

Sever error while retrieving information. Weird.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MROM-Olympus. Custom ROM for the Atrix 4G

This is my attempt to build a stable, complete, and fully functional custom ROM for the Atrix 4G completely built from source code; Atrix-MROM is built on top of Cyanogen ROM latest source code, my branched and modified faux123 kernel, and Motorola proprietary drivers. I recompiled all components to guarantee maximum efficiency and performance. Along the way, I realized that I needed things to work different for the Atrix 4G, so I also made some changes. If you like my work, consider a donation to my cause.

BUILT FROM SOURCE PROOF https://github.com/MROM. Every developer should provide proof that he is building from source.

Atrix-MROM is entirely build from source. You will see the difference when you run it. Just to list a few features:
    • Boot time in about 10 seconds
    • Optimum battery life, better than any other ROM I have tested
    • Quick, responsive
    • Contains all the most common Atrix tweaks
    • MIUI Camera for a better picture experience
    • QuickPic gallery application

While I tried to maintain the main core small, size is not the main focus.

Few user comments:
    ahmedbeik: this is the best rom i ever had on my atrix.
    Larac: Liking this rom so far, good battery and smooth.
    RFOX100: cant belive. this is the only smartphone who can handle 2 days without drain so much battery
    ravilov: I don't remember when I took it off the charger
    stanekskc: i have to say it. THIS ROM I AWESOME
    P05TMAN: Seriously, this is the best, most stable ROM I have EVER used (I've tried countless ROMs for the Atrix in nearly two years). Great job.
    alberto88a: I felt as if I had a new phone, an 8-cores phone
    samiam21:This rom with it's new design is as good as it gets. F#$% ics!
    Neroga:it's the only truly stable CM7 ROM I've ever used.
    many more...

Before posting negative comments about the ROM. Browse the thread and the FAQ. http://www.montuori.net/android-mrom/mrom-faq-2/

Requirements:
    • Clockworkmod or compatible recovery
    • Atrix 4G with an unlocked bootloader

WARNING: I DECLINE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN DAMAGING YOUR PHONE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN ANY PROCESS DESCRIBED ON THIS PAGE.

Installation:
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Boot Clockworkmod recovery
    • Perform a factory reset (data and cache) *** THIS IS ONLY REQUIRED IF COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM ***
    • Clean dalvik cache
    • Install Atrix-MROM zip file
    • Boot the phone
    • Reboot in recovery and install Google Apps (this is required to avoid the home and search button not working)
    • If applicable, re-apply the addon package
    • Reboot
    • 1st reboot takes a little longer
    • If the phone can run it, apply the latest sv kernel

Update from a previous version:
    • This updates are could introduce instabilities, they are provided as an independent package
    • Download file MROM-7-yyyymmdd-olympus-update.zip. THIS CAN ONLY BE APPLIED ON TOP OF A PREVIOUS MROM-olympus
    • Put the file somewhere on the sdcard
    • Backup your ROM via clockworkmod recovery. To revert from this update, restore the /system partition only
    • Boot into recovery and install zip
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • If applicable, re-apply the addon package
    • Reboot (1st reboot takes a little longer)
    • If the phone can run it, apply the latest sv kernel

Install the add-on files (Bravia, xLoud, and Beats):
    • Download file Atrix-MROM-addons-yyyymmdd.zip, where yyyymmdd is the latest build.
    • Put the file somewhere on the sdcard
    • Boot into recovery and install zip
    • No wipe required

NOTE: Coming from the 20120812 to 20120816, I had a problem with the google applications, especially GMail, I had to install it twice. If any problems, just wipe data/cache/dalvik cache.

THE SERVER RUNS ON PAID SERVICES TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR YOU, HELP KEEP IT OPEN BY DONATING.

donor page: http://www.montuori.net/android-mrom/mrom-donors/

contributors: ravilov

Please consider providing valuable FEEDBACK to the thread

DOWNLOAD Atrix MROM

DOWNLOAD ALTERNATIVE KERNELS

Download EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS (requires registration)

Atrix-MROM Change Log: https://github.com/MROM/android_vendor_mrom/blob/gingerbread/CHANGELOG-MROM.txt

File a bug report: here. Please provide good description and a fresh logcat.

To report bugs, follow these steps:
    • Install ADB (Google SDK) www.android.com for reference
    • Connect your phone to USB (Make sure USB Debugging is set)
    • run "adb logcat > {somefileonyourpc}"
    • Reproduce the problem
    • Press CRTL+C on your computer
    • Open a Bug Report, the link is on the main thread.
    • Make sure to attach the logcat file, a description of the problem, and the time it happened
    • After that, it can be tracked and I can ask additional information to solve

Screenshots:
    mrom-screenshot-1-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-2-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-3-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-4-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-5-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-6-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-7-168x300.png
    mrom-screenshot-8-168x300.png
    screenshot-07-168x300.png

All the ROM source code changes are available via my github repository https://github.com/MROM

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] MROM-Olympus [CM7] build:20130330, a ROM for the Motorola Atrix 4G

Contributors
    mmontuori
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-10-06
    Last Updated 2013-10-06
    New Version

New Version Posted
    New Version

New Version is available for download. Enjoy it while I work on official CM10...

I'm having a ton of issues since textplus and texrfree stop working all the time I have to force close to get internet access on the apps. Another thing is wifi turns off no matter what I do automatically and the screen will not stay on by setting the time out to 30min it defaults to 30 seconds always so this rom is a nightmare

Thousands of users are using this rom and it is considered one of the best roms for atrix. Sorry that is not working for you, but maybe you should go and brush up your troubleshooting skills, obviously something is wrong, sounds like a permission issue on the rom, but this time I am not offering to fix it for you... just go and use a different rom...

Learn how to come correct and you will get a lot more support from developers...
    ROM Built from source

Just wanted to let everyone know that a new version will be on the way shortly. I have changed the entire source build process to exactly match Android standards. I have created a github organization called MROM (http://github.com/MROM), which hosts the branched version of cyanogen required to make MROM. During the process, I realized that ROM makers claiming to compile their ROM from source, offers no proof of that, you pretty much have to go by their word...

I would say, a ROM maker should reasonably proof that his ROM is source built.

With the new github organization, anyone can potentially build MROM...